It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:18 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey all! So as some of you know, I've been posting pretty regularly on here the past couple of weeks. I was down about changes being made in my treatment which led to other issues...it was a pretty rough couple of weeks. The biggest issue I was having was making the switch from Suboxone film strips to generic Subutex pills. It wasn't working well (at least it really, really didn't seem to be). I felt as though I had dropped my dosage significantly and was feeling almost w/d'ish. That being said...I am feeling much better the past couple of days! I don't know if it has something to do with my hormones (being a girl really sucks sometimes!), stress or if I had to get used to the medication or WHAT it was...all I know is that it has all seemed to have subsided, thank God! I feel pretty much the same as when I was on the strips at this point. I just want to point out that now that I am feeling better, I have to wonder how much was mental and thus making it worse. I do know this; I'm not going to question it much further! lol...I am feeling better, which in turn makes a big part of the financial burden much easier.

I am going to start really searching for another doctor too after this. I never really put much thought into it plus reading a lot of other people's stories has made me realize that I should have other options. I am sure if I do find another doctor that will be stressful in itself, you know, wondering if the new doc will be a good fit...will he try to drop my dose? Will he make me taper quicker than I am comfortable with? etc.

I will cross that bridge when I get to it. Right now, I'm feeling good and I'm just going to enjoy that while it's here :)

Thank all of you for the support you have given me these past couple of weeks. Hopefully I can be helpful to others on here as well in the future :

8)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:22 am 

Hey Mizz,
Well thats good news. Uno, bupe is a funny drug It can effect people so differently.
I couldnt for the life of me figure out just what was going on with you Mizz.
Only that dosing had to have had something to do with your absorbtion rate. You were stuggling.
It maybe true that the film does disolve faster, and the bioability could increase, but to me bupe is bupe. . Idk..funny..and ya it all could have been mental. .Well, so glad your on top of your game again, and your dr saw fit to help you save momey with the subutex..wish mine would..im stuck on the films.lol..i do like the films, and i see it would be hard to switch also..

Sorry i dont recall why you want a new dr..but good luck finding one that suits you Mizz....keep posting..

Razor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm so glad to hear that the generic bupe is finally working for you and that you're not feeling so crummy anymore. The money saved is a godsend for me, and I know it's an important factor in your case as well. When I first started taking the generic mono product buprenorphine, I had to up my dose a bit in the beginning, because I felt I wasn't getting as much of the medication as I did from the films. My guess is that it was both an absorbtion issue, and partly mental, for me anyway. It may have been the same for you also, and your body just had to acclimate to getting less of the med? Just a guess. in any event, glad it worked out :) good luck in finding a new doctor as well.