It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:54 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just wanted to say i like your way of being direct and forward. I really enjoy reading your posts since they're a bit different then most. And I share most of your views regarding suboX.
I have to say it would be nice, if I had a friend like you. It would be a great support whether we're talking about quitting or in general. Someone who says what he means and not allowing me to be a puss regarding WD or else. To hit me in the face if I ever thought the WD's are too though.
I had a friend a lot like you, athlete, weight lifting, boxing, sparring etc. a huge trained fighter with the character of a lion. Unfortunately he fucked his life up bigtime and he's in jail now....
I also have great respect for you, for your unfortunately F up life story and for you being you.
I don't have to tell you to hang on, it'll get better etc. I think you know all that. So it would be a waste of lines, since I see that you're pusher and one who doesn't back up for nothing.
I'm a bit older then you (not so old :-P), and I'm really glad you're seeing all your mistakes with opiates while being so young! Hell, when I think my life could be so different if those doctors haven't convinced me that suboX doesn't cause serious WD. You can stop at anytime, LoL! Ofc I can't blame others for my own deeds, but they do have their share in this.
Just keep on that positive attitude and thinking! That's the best way to actually live a life!
I just wish you all the best man!

oh btw- I love your comment about hittin' that back key on the internet application hahaha! Really made me laugh :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:51 am 
Wow Onnie! You certainly seem to have a boulder on your shoulder dude. Geesh....maybe you need to chill out just a touch. While I totally understand your passion about the subject matter of which you speak, there really is no need for the bitterness, anger and abuse you're handing out to some of us who dare to reply on "your" thread.

This forum is full of very kind, understanding and patient people, with few exceptions. Like Lillyval, who was kind enough to try to let you know that although you found my post difficult to read, it just might have something of value to you within it. And No, I would never write in such a way as to purposely offend or irritate ANYONE! In fact, I believe I hit that ENTER key at least five times in that post. I am an educated individual and I know how to write. If someone has problems reading, perhaps they should look at themselves first and consider that perhaps the problem is theirs, not the writers. I will, however, double-space my paragraphs for you in hopes it will make this easier to read.

It seems as though you size people up pretty quickly and decide immediately whether someone's writings are worth your time or not. I must admit that I do that sometimes as well. That is why I did not reply to your PM to me and I did not reply to your post back to me earlier in this thread. Your comments simply weren't worthy of responding too. However, when someone (Lillyval) goes out of their way to try to stand up for me, and then gets ripped for it, I'm going to have to say something.

In case you're still reading, it's YOU who needs a MODERATOR to step in and set you straight! You are crossing the line in terms of being abusive to others. No one has done that to you. You've been given compassion and understanding by me and everyone else here, and for you to basically ignore that and come back at some of us with abusive language, is not okay. I understand that you've been abused....horribly. And I have nothing but compassion for you for all you've been subjected to. I would imagine that you need lots of support and help to heal from the emotional and physical wounds you have suffered, and I hope you get it.

At some point, though, you'll have to decide whether you want to live your life as a bitter, angry, abusive individual, or whether you want to work on becoming a happy, peaceful and kind individual. Although I'm afraid you'll receive this post as another attempt to "hijack" YOUR thread, or perhaps a personal attack on you, that is not the spirit with which I am writing it. I simply would like to see you look as hard in your own mirror as you are looking at us. Think about finding ways of calming yourself and slowing down and thinking for a minute before lashing out at others who might actually be trying to reach out to you. Try to stop being so critical. I certainly did not initially become critical of you. I read past the hate I felt in your original few posts on this thread and was able to see someone who was in pain and needed to get some of it out. I understood that and in fact, did not hesitate to tell you that I agreed with a lot of what you had to say. What else do you want?!

I think you have an opportunity here to show some maturity and humility. Others have been willing to apologize to you on this thread for perhaps being too judgmental or closed-minded to you. Now it's your turn. At the very least, you owe Lillyval an apology....no way around it. You can man-up now and own your bad behavior, or you can go on treating others in much the same horrific way you've been treated by your parents, your doctor and others in your life. You did NOT deserve that treatment. No, you haven't reached through cyberspace and sent anyone to the hospital, but verbal abuse DOES hurt, nonetheless. In my opinion, you need to stop this sort of treatment to others. I hope you will think about it.
Just please stop attacking people here who have a long history on this forum of being honest, kind, and compassionate.

And please, let's not confuse confrontational and abusive language with being "direct and forward.".....Big, big difference!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:42 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

setmefree...that is a wonderful post....we are all in pain to some degree or we would not be here. Words have a way of "boomeranging"...whether kind or hurtful, they come back. I'd rather the kind ones be returned to me and all others.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

<b>setmefree</b> - I agree with ClearAqua... very nice post. You are considerate, respectful, and a class act in every way!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

setmefree, wow, that's a great reply! Nicely done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have to agree with the others. That was one hell of a post SMF! I too read what was written and pretty much decided this just was not worth my time. However, I just could not have written such an eloquent response - even if I was inclined to try. And just imagine, you were able to do all of this while taking Suboxone! How amazing is that? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:02 am 
setmefree wrote:
Wow Onnie! You certainly seem to have a boulder on your shoulder dude. Geesh....maybe you need to chill out just a touch. While I totally understand your passion about the subject matter of which you speak, there really is no need for the bitterness, anger and abuse you're handing out to some of us who dare to reply on "your" thread.

This forum is full of very kind, understanding and patient people, with few exceptions. Like Lillyval, who was kind enough to try to let you know that although you found my post difficult to read, it just might have something of value to you within it. And No, I would never write in such a way as to purposely offend or irritate ANYONE! In fact, I believe I hit that ENTER key at least five times in that post. I am an educated individual and I know how to write. If someone has problems reading, perhaps they should look at themselves first and consider that perhaps the problem is theirs, not the writers. I will, however, double-space my paragraphs for you in hopes it will make this easier to read.

It seems as though you size people up pretty quickly and decide immediately whether someone's writings are worth your time or not. I must admit that I do that sometimes as well. That is why I did not reply to your PM to me and I did not reply to your post back to me earlier in this thread. Your comments simply weren't worthy of responding too. However, when someone (Lillyval) goes out of their way to try to stand up for me, and then gets ripped for it, I'm going to have to say something.

In case you're still reading, it's YOU who needs a MODERATOR to step in and set you straight! You are crossing the line in terms of being abusive to others. No one has done that to you. You've been given compassion and understanding by me and everyone else here, and for you to basically ignore that and come back at some of us with abusive language, is not okay. I understand that you've been abused....horribly. And I have nothing but compassion for you for all you've been subjected to. I would imagine that you need lots of support and help to heal from the emotional and physical wounds you have suffered, and I hope you get it.

At some point, though, you'll have to decide whether you want to live your life as a bitter, angry, abusive individual, or whether you want to work on becoming a happy, peaceful and kind individual. Although I'm afraid you'll receive this post as another attempt to "hijack" YOUR thread, or perhaps a personal attack on you, that is not the spirit with which I am writing it. I simply would like to see you look as hard in your own mirror as you are looking at us. Think about finding ways of calming yourself and slowing down and thinking for a minute before lashing out at others who might actually be trying to reach out to you. Try to stop being so critical. I certainly did not initially become critical of you. I read past the hate I felt in your original few posts on this thread and was able to see someone who was in pain and needed to get some of it out. I understood that and in fact, did not hesitate to tell you that I agreed with a lot of what you had to say. What else do you want?!

I think you have an opportunity here to show some maturity and humility. Others have been willing to apologize to you on this thread for perhaps being too judgmental or closed-minded to you. Now it's your turn. At the very least, you owe Lillyval an apology....no way around it. You can man-up now and own your bad behavior, or you can go on treating others in much the same horrific way you've been treated by your parents, your doctor and others in your life. You did NOT deserve that treatment. No, you haven't reached through cyberspace and sent anyone to the hospital, but verbal abuse DOES hurt, nonetheless. In my opinion, you need to stop this sort of treatment to others. I hope you will think about it.
Just please stop attacking people here who have a long history on this forum of being honest, kind, and compassionate.

And please, let's not confuse confrontational and abusive language with being "direct and forward.".....Big, big difference!

Thanks for spending a stupid amount of time to be my internet mommy. IF only i cared as much as you do. Well then i would probably be writing pages about how someone "hurt my feelings" Once again the back button is at the top left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:06 am 
donh wrote:
I have to agree with the others. That was one hell of a post SMF! I too read what was written and pretty much decided this just was not worth my time. However, I just could not have written such an eloquent response - even if I was inclined to try. And just imagine, you were able to do all of this while taking Suboxone! How amazing is that? :)

Its not worth your time, just worth it enough for you to post.

Sheesh a bunch of thin skinned beach balls ruining my thread.

You know keep fighting that imaginary war in your mind where you need to "teach people" manners online. Have fun youll be doing it for life.

Some of you need to get up and get some fresh air. Stop mashing those little fingers into your keyboards all excitingly to try and tell me exactly how i am wrong and bother you.

I bet you would be off suboxone if you spent half the time on recovery you do typing post that have nothing to do with the thread whatsoever. Why even have different threads on this forum half the people on here don't even post about the topic. Just whatever pops into there brain that second.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:07 am 
G i wonder why people never come back to post here after they get clean :?

They must be out doing there drug of choice or relapsing /sarcasm

This is why you guys can't have anything nice or a success story.

Post subject: Onniegrapples - Warning
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Onniegrapples -

This thread is not "your thread." This thread does not belong to you. You started the topic and in doing so made it a part of the forum, open for community discussion. If you want a thread that belongs to you, go start your own forum. If you just want to shit-talk Suboxone, there is a whole community devoted to that. PM me if you want their address.

You need to dial back the insults. This communiy is here for information and support. People have been nothing but nice to you here and you are being insufferable. Keep it up and you will get banned. This is an official warning. I will not warn you again.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:31 am 
Shit talk suboxone? Is that whats its called if you say ANYTHING negative like it makes you numb or gave you bad symptoms?

Its a great tool, but like the usual crowd here if you dont get on your knees and blow it your automatically labeled anti-suboxone.

And thanks for letting me know that even the moderators here cant keep a thread on topic. So i guess any thread is not person that writes it, that explains why every thread is just a mass jumble of ME MY STORY ME.

[web]http://www.brendaguyton.com/painting_images/White_Knight.jpg[/web]

Have fun white knighting against anyone that ruins your little sub misery jerk fest. ANd tries to bring a different point of view.

If you don't like what i have to say this man seems a little more up your ally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The above post by onni was edited for offensive content on 4/13/2011 at 6:31 am by hatmaker510.

Consider this your FINAL WARNING. ANY FURTHER INFRACTIONS AND YOU WILL BE BANNED. PERSONAL ATTACKS AGAINST ANYONE HERE, BE IT OTHER MEMBERS, MODERATORS, OR DR. JUNIG, ARE NOT ALLOWED AND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. NO FURTHER WARNINGS WILL BE GIVEN.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Thank you !!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:24 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I honestly could see this coming in this persons 1st post... ( I could see the stitches on the fastball ) people around here went out of there way to NICE to this person, but in the end we couldnt be nice or understanding enough... About once a month we have a little dust up, Mike ... still stuck at 1mg... or .75mg... Very difficult medication to get off of, " VERY"... But I'm not going to blame everyone in creation about it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Painter,

I hear ya man, I could see it coming a mile off too. There's a certain Charile Sheenesque to his writings, high in entertainment value, but sad to watch nonetheless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:21 am 
Thanks for paying attention, mods, and for doing the right thing here.
And thanks to Lillyval, ClearAqua, Romeo, Bronzebeta and donh for your kind words regarding my posts. I have said so many times that I have always tried to show compassion and empathy for anyone who comes here for information and/or support. I feel that almost everyone else here does the same thing.
There just is no room here for nastiness! We're supposed to be here to help each other, not bash each other! Onni didn't get bashed or abused by anyone here, yet he felt it was okay to be abusive to us.....not cool! Personally, I can tell quite a bit about where a person is in a healthy recovery by how they treat others. Being in recovery is NOT just about not taking drugs, in my opinion. It's about living an authentic, honest life; being willing to be openminded and consider that maybe, just maybe there's another way to look at things other than your own; it's about being strong, yet humble at the same time. You can speak your mind with passion regarding your convictions without demeaning someone else. You can accept that perhaps someone out there might know more than you do. We should be able to 'share' space in our little parts of the world, as well as in cyberspace, without feeling threatened or competetive with those with a different opinion or experience. If we can't do these things or at least try to get there, in my opinion, we've got a lot more work to do.
Again....Thanks to everyone who stepped up for me. I really do appreciate you all more than you know!
Oh, and DOQ.....Thank you, thank you, thank you for what you said about the whole "thread ownership" business!! That just makes me a little crazy sometimes. I loved what you said......If you want to OWN it, start your own site! Amen, sister!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:33 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

setmefree...no, thank you :)

Honestly, I didn't feel as safe here anymore...we are all at different places. We all have many, many emotions going on right now...a little fear (as in, will I ever do this? can I do this?)...a little anxiety (as in, is this going to be painfully hard? or am I doing the right thing?), a little mistrust (does anyone realize what I'm going thru? are they laughing at me because I'm so frightened or whiney or whatever!???) and this forum has GOT to be a safe place for all or it is just not a credible, safe place to come anymore.

We come here for support, for the kindness we are shown by complete strangers who have crossed our path in our similar journeys. There is simply no room here for abuse or intolerance.

We can disagree...we can voice our opinions...but we can do it with kindness and empathy.

I wish I did not have to be here....but I will probably be here a long, long time. For when my day of success comes, and I am off Suboxone, I fully intend to return here to give support and a kind word to others who are attempting the same thing. It is not easy to do this alone.

Post subject: Re: Thank you !!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Painter wrote:
I honestly could see this coming in this persons 1st post... ( I could see the stitches on the fastball ) people around here went out of there way to NICE to this person, but in the end we couldnt be nice or understanding enough... About once a month we have a little dust up, Mike ... still stuck at 1mg... or .75mg... Very difficult medication to get off of, " VERY"... But I'm not going to blame everyone in creation about it...

Mike, are you still stuck? Dude, I'm right there with ya, but not at .75...still at 1 mg. You weren't lying, man! I was doing okay and then at 1.25 everything kinda screeched to a halt. Now, it's over a month at 1 and still kicking. Blech. Maybe we will get unstuck together. Maybe we should call Charlie Sheen and ask him what to do. Maybe he could heal us with his mind or send us some of his tiger blood....or Adonis DNA...

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:25 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

laddergirl...you are too funny :)!!!!

Hang in there, kiddo...your day is coming. Look how far you've made it!!! The last leg of the race seems the longest!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Romeo wrote:
Hey Painter,

I hear ya man, I could see it coming a mile off too. There's a certain Charile Sheenesque to his writings, high in entertainment value, but sad to watch nonetheless.

Haha, yea. I really love the white knight - i thought it was an old lady in a garden untill i scrolled down. Hillarious!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:14 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

LOL at that white knight picture

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next