It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Amy,

Thanks for the kind words and congrats on making it this far in your taper. Tapering was a cake walk for me until I tried to go below 1mg. I was taking two doses a day and immediately went into withdrawal after trying to go to a single 0.5mg. That's when I decided to jump off. I couldn't bare the idea of a slow, drawn out withdrawal even though I read on several forums that it would be wise to taper far lower than 1mg/day. That's my experience though - the bottom line is that each and every one of us is different.

If you don't mind me offering a piece of advice .. you'll know when it's time. I told myself it was time over and over, but it wasn't until I felt the willingness to do it was I actually ready. It was bad although quite frankly could have been a lot worse. I strongly believe that one's mental state and recovery skills go a long way in beating this and staying clean. PAWS have been an afterthought for me and I can't tell you with certainty that I've actually had any.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Great Job Neil Young!!!

It is quite nice to be able to pick up and go where you want, for how long you want, without having to worry about having your pills with you.

I'm glad you're feeling so well. BTW, my favorite song by you is Cinnamon Girl!!

Amy, I think you're kicking ass!!! 16mg to 5mg, good job!!! Neil gave you some great advice about waiting until you know it's time. I second that advice 100%.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Agreed Romeo!

I'm still clean from all drugs (incl Suboxone) and thought I'd do a quick check-in to let you all know that I am doing well. It has been over 5 months now and all symptoms of withdrawal are gone. PAWS was non-existent. Hope everyone is doing well.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Very good neilyoung. I never really read your original post until now. That's such a great turnaround.

I know exactly how you feel now. Tomorrow's 12 weeks off of opiates for me and a little over 9 weeks off Subs. I see what you are saying about feeling like you do. I haven't felt this good in years too.

The pain we caused others by being addicts, maybe without even knowing we were hurting others along with ourselves is far greater than any withdrawal that we righteously deserve in a way. We got through it, you know? So many more people would too if they would just jump and prepare to deal with it for a little while.

Keep it up pal. I'm following your lead :)

CHARLIE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It has been over a year since my last post and wanted to let everyone know that I am still free of opiates and Suboxone. If I can do it, you can do it too!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:58 am 

That's great to hear! Thanks for the update!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:59 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just read your post very helpful, glad you stayed with the post giving updates, thanks!