It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:22 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi everyone I have been reading and getting inspiration from you guys for about 4 months but just finally got a computer over the weekend yay! I have been on subs scince May 28 and indeed it has changed my life, its an amazing thing to have hope again! Funny thing I used to live in Fond du Lac for fifteen years its where my addiction began! well Doc I wish I had found you and the suboxone when i lived there but Im just glad to be a survivor! How I lived thru the abuse of my body blows my mind whenever I think about it. I have been on this site many hour on my phone and have gained much knowlage and support here already, thanks for being here my fellow Survivors!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Well hello there SURVIVOR!!! I am really surprised that that screen name was available! What a great screen name!!!
Welcome to the forum! I was just like you. Lurked on this forum forever from my cell phone. Before I got on sub, all my
money went to pills pills and more pills! The FIRST thing I boutght when I got clean...a laptop! It's a weird feeling when ya first post, or at least it was for me anyway. Because I felt like I knew so much about everyone else, and like I had been here for a while, but they were all just meeting me! LOL!

I hope that you decide to hang with us for the long haul! I personally LOVE this forum. It is such a huge part of my recovery!
Just getting to interact with all of these great people, and share our experiences with each other. It's
nice to be able to help another addict out when they need it, and it's so nice to know that those same people are
there for me if I ever need them as well! I havent' seen comaradarie like this since I left the Marine Corps!

Well I just wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum! I'm looking forward to getting to know a little
more about you!!!! Take Care~[/font]

Post subject: Me Too
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:44 pm 

That was such a nice welcome from goinstrong that I'm just going to second her remarks! Great to have you here and like Kelly said, you will find lots of friends here who will help with your recovery. We love to hear about success stories like yours. So many of us are alike in the fact that our lives were a mess until we were put on Suboxone, then we returned to our somewhat normal selves and most of our addiction problems went away. No more lies, deceit, stealing, doctor shopping with fear of getting caught. Always running short on our scripts and panicking.

If you like, give us some more info about you. How much Sub are you taking? What brought you here?

Welcome once more and a pat on the back for finding recovery.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I cant say anything better myself, than whats already been said, but I DID
want to tell you........

you aren't alone in not having a computer at the 'begining' of recovery!!!!
I read here too, from my grandma's house and stuff, bcuz we didnt have a computer, and FINALLY i was able
to buy one about six months in ?? maybe a lil less.
I was SOOOO excited, too!!!!
I mean, it was a REAL big deal, and getting the internet hooked up, was an even bigger one!!!
isnt it great the cool stuff you can afford when all your money doesnt get flushed??????

anyways, just wanted to share that with ya, and welcome you in!!!

I hope you stick around too, as you already know, theres lotsa good peeps around here!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:54 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

well i typed a nice response to your great welcome and bloop it dissapeared i swear i repel technology!!!! I have stayed off the net scince i met my ex husband in an aol chat room years ago...thats when i thought the computer would keep my out of the bars where i could pick a loser ina room full of winners...leave it to me to find the worst one in cyber space LOL. Anyway bear with me as i catch up.It feel like I know some of you so well,I'm glad to have the oppertunity to talk to you for real. Right now my 21 month old is crawling all over me to hard to type I'll come back at nap time. KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:38 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

My story started when I broke my back in 1986 i was on and off pain meds like hydro and oxy for many years. I had the misfortune of finding a Dr. who believed methadone was the only med that anyone on long term pain management should be on, I was not impressed and actually thru the script in my bathroom garbage.
My ex husband fished it out and said lets just give it a try...you know I always let him have any of my meds when he would ask....I guess I was nieve and foolish I did not realize the dangers of these life stealing drugs... So we filled it and i took them for 3 weeks about 40 to 60 mg a day, then I ran out early-- which i had with the vics and perks with mild depression only--
well that was my first experience with dopesickness I was so sick I thought for sure I was gonna die!!!!
my friend explained to me it was withdrawal and gave me 50 or 60 perks I kept taking them and got sicker and sicker till i thought i had poisoned my liver and was gonna kick the bucket...but i was still soo sick!!! My ex went to the same Dr. faked a leg injury and when she want to give him perks he asked for methadone instead and she gave it to him 40 mg a day to an opiate nieve guy with a fake injury- blew my mind- I will tell you this i took 3 right away when he got home i'd been sick for 3 days including my birthday in an hour I was all better I simply could not believe a little pill had that much power!!!!
I was from that day forward afraid to ever go thru wds again and tho i stayed on methadone at hi doses for 10 years i went thru the wds almost every month...In 2009 i quit cold turkey from 160mgs I moved to a new town and had no DR I was to sick to find one I did not do any opiates for 11 months and still i suffered paws and insomnia and extreme chronic fatigue, I would have to rest after half a flight of stairs even taking a shower seemed like running a marathon!!!
It was too much I was not strong enough!!! My new neighbor was on low dose subs and gave me a 2 mg a couple times and wow!!!! Sadly the only thing i learned from that was I needed to find a new pain doc and when I got the vics I traded them for subs and took the subs I could not find a sub doc. Finally moved back to ND and went thru treatment for opiate addiction and got on subs!!! I am very lucky as there are very few docs in ND I have to drive 120 miles!!!! But it is well worth it! Well gotta run for now...