It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok guys I finally droped my dose by 50% today. = .0625 new dose. I have made a decision that my last day on sub will be March 31. April 1st will be my first day without sub. My treatment will have lasted a month and a half shy of a year. I may stay here for a week and then taper by 50% again then off. I bought 5 days of bikrams yoga (90 min class in 105 degrees) and plan to go every other day and walk on those days I do not. I am a little nervous and I do not want to repalce sub with alcohol so i must be careful, but this year has been very good for me and I know I have gotten wiser and more in control of my reactions, feelings and emotions. Thank you to all those who have been here and shared your experience. I have pretty much learned to mentally prepare myself and I believe I have and will continue to for the last days... Hope everyone had a great weekend and good night...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:58 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Good for you. Since all our medication does is stop us from having this w/d if we want off we have to go through. Imodium is an opiate that doesn't get you high. If you don't have a doctor helping you through, it will.... that a single purpose antihistimine, and some really good antioxidants and vitamins. If possible I hear we won't sleep for awhile, if you can get a prescription for something to help with that too. I am following right behind you. It isn't safe to lower over 5 mg. every two weeks either. I will try and get the site I found all good information from if you like. It had the doses of Imodium and such. Keeps you in my heart, know you will be fine just have to do it....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:11 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Sweet you can do it! It's going to be tough at times, but it's always worse in our head. I am on day 18 and at work busy as hell. Check out my post labeled day 17 ...good morning. I go over what I took to help with WD, which is almost totally gone (after 3 years on sub). Good luck!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you guys a bunch
Subsavedme~ I have read your post just yesterday and I am impressed by your devotion to getting off sub. I will re-read it, several times I am sure.
I slept fine last night. I had just a tiny amount of leg restlesness but I also did a yoga class yesterday and worked myself pretty good. I usually start to feel some wd by day 3
I got a tummy bug some time ago and tried immodium. I HATED it! Iwould have much rather had the shits..LOL I got anxiety and could not sleep, body aches and the sweats. it was awful. I think I will just roll w/ the punches and take what my doctor gave me. He perscribed me something similar to clonidine, I have super low BP so clonidine was not an option. I think I have set myself up nicely by tapering very slow and low. I origionally wanted to be off sub in January, but that didn't happen. I am not sweatting it hwever, I have enough sub to last me many months and a really good doctor. I am ready...to be off sub....Blessings all....Sweet16

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have decided after a reserching many many months to start DE. Diatomaceous Earth. (FOOD GRADE ONLY) I know this post will meet with some very skeptical replies. (believe me I am skeptical too!) But as I said I have done my homework and decided for MYSELF to give it a try. So I took my first teaspoon in a glass of Gatorade this morning after breakfast. Did not taste bad and I shot it down like a stiff drink. I had a very loose bowel movement in the first 30 minutes and now........ I have incredible energy... I am GREATFUL for this one thing alone. I started my final taper yesterday and usually suffer from lack of energy for close to 3 weeks. I woke up this morning and did not want to work. After ingesting the DE, I am ready to kick ass at work.. If anyone wants to know what the heck DE Diatomaceous Earth is, google it. I am taking FOOD GRADE DE. There is DE that is used for pools & Spas but this is TOXIC and will kill you. I am taking non-toxic food grade DE. I used it to get rid of worms in my daughters cat and it worked GREAT! There are so many benefits of using DE so check it out and keep in mind that you do not want to use DE unless you mix it with liquid because it will clog your eyes and nose. (it happened to me when I used it to kill fleas in my house...) Just want to help others who are interested in alternative health and home remedies. I will keep ya posted on this odd treatment... Lol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey guys, I am so TIRED of this junk. I am consumed with tapering, sub, symptoms, waiting.......etc. I have 2 pieces of sub left. I had considered stopping today, but I am going to finish my last 2 itsy bitsy pieces. I origionally planned for March 31 to be my last day, but I do nto want to open another 2mg strip and cut it down to just a few .0625 pieces. I feel pretty good aside from the chills and aches and physical lethargy, (all mild) I can manage these things. I am just [b]over[/b] it. (portlandia ha ha) Anyway I will keep posting on my progress. I can not imagine anything getting worse from here. I took my tiny piece today and it melted so fast I seriously doubt it is doing anything. I couldnt even taste it. I have been a sneezing factory past few days... Im at the end of my rope. It has been a long 6 months... Hope ya all have a great weekend...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

In this origonal post it says my last day is going to be March 31. Well my LAST day of sub was friday the 23. So today is day 4 w/o ANY sub at all. I tapered very slowly (toward the end) and to a VERY low dose. 1/16 of a mg. SO first night was good. 2nd night has RLS but barely enough to notice after elevating my legs. Both those nights I took my normal half a mg of xnax coupled with a double dose of hydroxyzine HCL that my sub dos perscribed in lieu od clonidine bc my BP is super low. Slept fine both nights. Yesterday toward the end of the day I noticed bodyzaps but very mild very mild. Little bit sore, little bit tired but I worked and went out for dinner and watched Hunger Games w/ my kid. Got home at 9:30 took just my xanax and some sleepytime tea (did not take hydroxyzine hcl) and I slept like a baby. SO far guys I have had no awful symptoms. I am still playing it safe and not assuming that I am free and clear. I know the PAWS and even day 10 could have something in store for me. I just am going with the flow and keeping busy. I just can NOT inagine anything much worse than wd from tapering. Anyway I just wanted to update everyone and wish everyone a good taper(for those of you that are) and many blessings to everyone else..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That is awesome to hear! Sounds like your long slow taper worked well! Hopefully you will only get mild wd from here on out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:59 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

How are feeling now? How were the last few days?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Rock, I have been feeling pretty good. Aside the low energy my symptoms seem to be fading gradually. I smoke weed so I really NEED to stop this BC I know it is making me even MORE tired which I do NOT enjoy. So I had 1 night of pretty bad sweats (night 7). I had a few days of achy back and feet. (all gone now) I still sneeze. Today had 1 episode of chills, but nothing like before where I was hovered over a blanket next to my heater for at least an hour in the morning & several times thru out the day. Never had any sleep issues. I DO take sleep meds and had 1 additional script for Hydroxyzine HCL which I took forst 2 nights, skipped 2 nights then took it again till lastnight where I did not take it but I did increase my xanax. Tonight I will go back down to half mg xanax to see if I sleep ok. I am doing just fine.
How are you doing?
I know I am definately done w/ subs. I am patiently waiting for 30 days to roll around. No doubt I will be 100% by then. (my only symptom is lazyness.....)
Hope you are on the fast track to GREAT! (if not there yet!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm so proud of you Sweet16! I've been reading your posts here and think it is AWESOME that you managed to taper off of subs and seem to be doing quite well. Its so encouraging to hear others that have been able to do this. I wanted to try and be done by the end of the summer, but found out I was pregnant a few weeks ago, so I need to stay where i'm at for awhile. However, when the time comes to start tapering again, I'll be sure to re-read your posts (along with others who have done the same thing) to remind me that this IS possible! Thanks for sharing and keep up the GREAT work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

kickass

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

sweet16 wrote:
Hey Rock, I have been feeling pretty good. Aside the low energy my symptoms seem to be fading gradually. I smoke weed so I really NEED to stop this BC I know it is making me even MORE tired which I do NOT enjoy. So I had 1 night of pretty bad sweats (night 7). I had a few days of achy back and feet. (all gone now) I still sneeze. Today had 1 episode of chills, but nothing like before where I was hovered over a blanket next to my heater for at least an hour in the morning & several times thru out the day. Never had any sleep issues. I DO take sleep meds and had 1 additional script for Hydroxyzine HCL which I took forst 2 nights, skipped 2 nights then took it again till lastnight where I did not take it but I did increase my xanax. Tonight I will go back down to half mg xanax to see if I sleep ok. I am doing just fine.
How are you doing?
I know I am definately done w/ subs. I am patiently waiting for 30 days to roll around. No doubt I will be 100% by then. (my only symptom is lazyness.....)
Hope you are on the fast track to GREAT! (if not there yet!)

You were laying next to your heater too? lol!

Excellent job...you just did so well...I got unreasonably cold for months. You're probably gonna keep noticing symptoms going away for another few months. Sometimes, you don't even really notice you have them, because you are so used to it. My things were my body temp being off. I sweat a little more than normal and was freezing more than normal. As the stuff lifts, you just feel so GOOD!!! I am still noticing this gradual improvement. My energy is still increasing.

FYI, any surgeries or pain meds will set you back, and I think there is no way around that. Now that I've had two surgeries off Sub, I know this. Even after this last one, and even though stopping the pain meds was easy and I was only on them a short time, those subtle same little things came back for a brief period (sneezing, aches, chills). It was absolutely minimal, but I can only imagine if I was on pain meds for any length of time that it would seriously stink to stop them. It's kinda weird, but then it lifts very quickly too. Just remember that going forward. Hopefully, you can avoid all opiates, but if you get hurt, need surgery, or elect to have something done, take the very smallest amount of any opiate possible, because our bodies have an odd reaction to them.

You did it. Enjoy your cruise.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:06 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

So glad to hear you are doing well! Keep it up! If you do happen to slip, get up, brush the dirt off your shoulders and keep going. That is the most important thing to remember imo.

- Stephen (Steve)