It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have just started tapering from 12mg of sub to 8mg. I am currently taking the tablet form, but I read in the forum that the tablets are not as accurate as the films in terms of where the sub actually is. For example, if I cut the tablet in half, is it possible that one half has more suboxone in it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It seems to me that the films would be easier to taper on because you can cut them evenly into teeny tiny pieces. But I don't know if the bupe is dispersed evenly throughout the films either. I see little white dots all over my films, but some people say theirs have this, and others say they don't see this. So I don't know what the dots are. But if it is even throughout, the films would be the way to go. Seems like the pills would turn into powder and hard to measure accurately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just noticed this...the little white dots on the strips look just like the little white dots that fly around at the top left of this website over the words Suboxone Talkzone. Same size and everything!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

In America, does Subutex go down to 0.4mg tablets like they do in the UK/Au?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:02 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

tearj3rker wrote:
In America, does Subutex go down to 0.4mg tablets like they do in the UK/Au?

I do not think so...

Film is what I preferred. Not all your doses are going to be totally exact but I didn't find it made much of a difference. I saved a tablet in case I needed to do the liquid method, but it is looking like I do not have too. If you get the 2 mg film strips you can taper down to 1/8ths or 1/16ths.

As for it being dispersed evenly, I think it is. I'd imagine you would get sick sometimes if it wasn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Once I got under 4mg I'd probably switch to the film, just because it's easier with slicing and measuring.

Officially the buprenorphine isn't evenly dispersed in the tablets. I've talked to an acquaintance who's worked in pharma manufacturing (not RB). He said it'd be hard via any process to not have the drugs evenly dispersed. So I'm unsure either way really. I've never had any issues with splitting pills.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:32 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have suboxone films and never noticed the white dots before but they are a mottled salmon color. I believe though that the drug is distributed evenly as I have cut them and see no difference. One way you can make sure that you are getting the same amount of suboxone is by taking the film and dissloving it in water. I am a scientist ( I worked in a lab while teaching) and have a graduated cylinder which holds ten milliliters. I fill it up to 8mL and add it to a watertight prescription bottle. Then I add an 8mg strip and shake vigourously. Voila! You have 1mg per mL. Now if you only used 4mL of water you would have a solution with 2mg per mL. Use a one cc syringe (one Milliliter) syringe to measure the suboxone. You can use a diabetic syringe with the needle off or get one from a vet clinic without a needle. Just draw up the amount of liquid suboxone and you do not have to worry about how to cut the film into tiny squares anymore. By the way, If you do not have a graduated cylinder just use a small bottle and measure your water with the syringe. 1mL=1cc. Most regular insulin syringes hold a mL. the U100 Becton dickenson insulin syringes. They are clearly marked. At first I thought your white spots was the N2 or N8 but now I see the flecks; they seem evenly distributed. Using water will ensure that you get the same amount when you try to taper.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:35 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

'TAURUS'. I'm with you. The strips I just got from the pharmacy have tiny muted dots on them and the white N8 stamps that are usually imprinted aren't there either. The weather has been pretty hot here on the jersey shore, but I just feel like they're not working quite as well. Please let me know if anyone has had a similar experience ... Thanks!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Taurus wrote:
I just noticed this...the little white dots on the strips look just like the little white dots that fly around at the top left of this website over the words Suboxone Talkzone. Same size and everything!

I think the white dots on strips, are over-spray from whatever they use to put their labeling stuff on the strips (in lieu of pill imprints). Something inert, like food coloring. Haha about the little white sparklies on the forum banner, tho. The things an addict mind will notice :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Strips are probably easiest if one gets an exacto knife. That's what I did, with bright light, on a kitchen cutting board. I folded in 1/2, cut along line. Folded into quarter of a strip, cut along line. Folded into an 1/8, cut along line, and finally for 1/16 (0.5mg of an 8mg strip), I eyeballed it diagonally. I saw a video on youtube once about how to cut strips for greatest accuracy, and seemed to also involve something that reminded me of origami, IIRC (some folding). Or one could measure with a micrometer and make notches where to cut. More than one way to skin a strip, I suppose, heh. Anyway, how-to vids are probably easy to find with a search, by using terms "suboxone, strips, cutting, tapering". For those who do liquid, micro tapering, I doubt it makes much difference, both will dissolve.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:09 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

no_boop_shoo_be_doop wrote:
Strips are probably easiest if one gets an exacto knife. That's what I did, with bright light, on a kitchen cutting board. I folded in 1/2, cut along line. Folded into quarter of a strip, cut along line. Folded into an 1/8, cut along line, and finally for 1/16 (0.5mg of an 8mg strip), I eyeballed it diagonally. I saw a video on youtube once about how to cut strips for greatest accuracy, and seemed to also involve something that reminded me of origami, IIRC (some folding). Or one could measure with a micrometer and make notches where to cut. More than one way to skin a strip, I suppose, heh. Anyway, how-to vids are probably easy to find with a search, by using terms "suboxone, strips, cutting, tapering". For those who do liquid, micro tapering, I doubt it makes much difference, both will dissolve.

Boop, you should start to save your posts such as this for your book! Maybe if you just copy and paste all the excellent information you have shared thus far, the book would be written already! :) Just a little editing involved!

Last edited by rca1004 on Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

rca1004 wrote:

Boop, you should start to save your posts such as this for your book! Maybe if you just copy and past all the excellent information you have shared thus far, the book would be written already! :) Just a little editing involved!

Hrm. Iggy looks kinda sweaty at his typewriter, like maybe he's going through withdrawals or somethin' :P

http://youtu.be/sqPClltS5k8?t=4m9s

Not a bad idea though. All my posts, etc, are in a long list accessible in my profile under "Search user’s [my] posts", saving me the trouble of saving them myself.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

no_boop_shoo_be_doop wrote:
rca1004 wrote:

Boop, you should start to save your posts such as this for your book! Maybe if you just copy and past all the excellent information you have shared thus far, the book would be written already! :) Just a little editing involved!

Hrm. Iggy looks kinda sweaty at his typewriter, like maybe he's going through withdrawals or somethin' :P

http://youtu.be/sqPClltS5k8?t=4m9s

Not a bad idea though. All my posts, etc, are in a long list accessible in my profile under "Search user’s [my] posts", saving me the trouble of saving them myself.

Really off topic, but, I've always wondered what is meant by "Black Sunshine" in that song? "sweeten the ride, black sunshine". There's a car theme, so, oil maybe? As a "fossil fuel", oil is concentrated, stored solar energy in a sense, because of the photosynthesis process.

Eh, probably not. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBN_ViHOjkI

Edit: Faster loading link

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:13 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Fisher,

In my personal opinion, tapering with films is much easier than tablets. I tapered by cutting the films into small pieces all the way down to .063mg. Cutting the tablets doesn't seem accurate, but dissolving them in water would work as others have done before. When cutting, I never noticed any difference between the different pieces and their strengths.

Just my two cents, good luck with your taper!

RXFCG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:55 pm 

RXFCG wrote:
Fisher,

In my personal opinion, tapering with films is much easier than tablets. I tapered by cutting the films into small pieces all the way down to .063mg. Cutting the tablets doesn't seem accurate, but dissolving them in water would work as others have done before. When cutting, I never noticed any difference between the different pieces and their strengths.

Just my two cents, good luck with your taper!

RXFCG

I would like to add that RXFCG made an awesome template to use with the film for cutting them during tapering. His own experience using his template was successful and he slowly tapered down to .063 mg before going off sub completely. If you have the patience, I recommend a long slow taper. RXFCG's cutting guide makes the process much easier! RXFCG, could you please provide a link to your cutting guide for people who want to check it out? Thanks!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:24 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks for the positive feedback Amy! It's always great to hear the Rx cutting guide is making a difference. It made a great difference for me!

Here's the link to the cutting guide for those that are interested:

http://www.rxfilmcuttingguide.com/downloads.html

RXFCG