It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Film makes me dizzy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:09 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey all! This is my first post in sometime because I had a new baby dec 31 (just in time for a tax deduction lol) but anyway,in January I got on the film because I am a manager in retail and on 24/ mg a day,it's very hard to try and take a tab at work when it takes 25 min to dissolve. So I really wanted the film for how fast it would dissolve. Well they taste just as bad if not worst then the tabs. But I like them so much more because of the speed. Now I did notice when I was on the tabs that I would get dizzy and. I know that's a side effect. But with the film I seem to get more dizzy then with the tabs. The big day came last Saturday,I was in the car speaking with my boss and it hit me. I got really dizzy. I told him I need to go,I started walking to the building and I knew I was gonna puke. I made it to the side of the store and puked twice. Has anyone else had anything like this happen? I goto the doc on march 1 and I think I will get the film again and see if it keeps up and if so then I will switch back. Thanks everyone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am this is not the same for everyone but a lot of people have notice the films to be much stronger as in you are getting much more of your dose with the films due to better abortion. A few members have even lowered their dose since making the change to films from tabs because of this. You might just be getting to much of the bupernorphine and that’s making you feel this way.

I think alot of for get this but buprenorphine is a very strong opiate

Post subject: This is so confusing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I really don't know why, but I had some side effects too when transferring to the films. Specifically, I got a low-grade headache and some very obnoxious nausea. I tried dropping my dose because I thought maybe I was getting too much Bupe, especially since those are the exact same symptoms I struggled with when starting Sub and weaning my dose up and up. I ended up dropping from 5 mg of tabs to 4.25 mg of films, and I had some mild w/d symptoms, but the headache and nausea improved. I haven't been able to conclude what in the world was causing those symptoms. I think for a lot of people the films are 'stronger' because they are getting less than maximum absorption from the tabs. I used to give those tabs a good hour to dissolve, so I got really good absorption.

How long exactly have you been on the films? I'm wondering if by the time you get to your next appointment, you may not have any symptoms anymore. I think it took my 2-3 weeks to adjust all the way to the switch. Now, after a few months on films instead of tabs, I have a new symptom, which is that the piece of film feels like it's burning a hole in the skin under my tongue. There's no sore there, but it still hurts when I put the piece under there. I'm going to try to alternate sides of my tongue to maybe get this to go away. I'd recommend you try switching sides just to try to avoid this from happening to you.....

Hey, CONGRATULATIONS on your baby!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! How cool that you had your little one the very last day of the year. I hope you are getting at least some sleep. :wink:

laddertipper

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have been on the film just a short time (feb 1) and yea I think it was that I was getting to much bupe. But i can say that the past few days I have takin a normal dose and I still do get a little dizzy. It's not as bad as it was nor did I get sick. But I think I will ask the doc to try it for one more month to see if it will improve and if not I will be back on the tabs. You know I like how they say that the film taste better. Because it does not, it is absolutely nasty. But I guess it's a small price to pay for being sober.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Sphinx!!

It's nice to see you again!! Congratulations on the baby!!

I wonder, as far as the films go, if there is some additive in the film that's not present in the pill? I think it's more likely that you're absorbing more suboxone because of the film, but I wanted to throw the additive thing out there too.

Again, nice to see you again.

Post subject: Romeo
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Romeo. Nice to here from you. I really think that they just dissolve so much better and at first it just hit me real hard. I think it's Funny that my doc did not even warn me. I went to my doc asked for the film he said ok see you in 4 weeks. I was like wow 100 dollars for about one minute hahaha

Post subject: Interesting
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am so surprised that so many people say it takes 25 min, 45 min, 60 min, and so on to let Suboxone dissolve. In my humble opinion, it absolutely does not take that long if you do it right. As soon as you put it in your mouth, chew it up with your 2 front teeth, or whatever you need to do to get them broken up as quickly as possible, and then 15, 20 minutes at most should be good enough.

Sometimes, I will even crush them up in a piece of paper (yes, like I'm about to snort them lol), and then drop the powder in my mouth, which in that case it dissolves almost instantly.

I take 24 MG daily and I never keep them in longer than 20 minutes and I feel like I get absolutely great absorption.

I guess everyone is different.......