It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: film DEGRADED!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

TODAY I JUST GOT MY NEW SRIPT FROM MY DOC. I MOPEND ONE AND THE FILM STRIP WAS KINDA RIPPED AND SHRIVELED.
so i opened another one and it was the same way. wtf are these strips no good????? are they less potent anyone know???PLS help!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would take them back to the pharmacy just the way you found them. They may not take them back - they usually don't once medications leave their counter - but at least you can report it to them. And perhaps you can return any of the remaining boxes than haven't been opened.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:44 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I've been having that problem with my strips also In every box I get atleast 10 strips broken at the top some are torn apart. I took my regular dose one morning and I started sweating,shaking and my face turn red as an apple hit me hard.Super strong and others I'm finding I need to dose sooner then normal!!!!! I will bring it back to pharmacy if I see it again I was NOT sure if that was normal or not!!!!!

Mel :wink:

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Personally, I'd switch to the tablets if I was in that situation.

I've never had a degraded tablet in my life.

Meltalk, RB say that a person shouldn't take film whos packaging is damaged. Is there an RB / Suboxone hotline you can call there to see if you can get them exchanged?

The studies that explored shelf-life of Suboxone Film showed that naloxone can decompose more easily in the film, and some of the resulting compounds were toxic. RB adjusted the halved the shelf-life of the film to make them safer. However, there have been zero studies into film whos packaging is damaged, or film that's all cracked. I can say with certainty that film whos packaging is damaged will expire much earlier.

I would try not to make a habit of taking such film, and take them back to the pharmacy or call RB for an exchange.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:11 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Tear thanks for the wise words!!! I will look for thier # and will post my results from the phone call to pharmacy and or RB
Mel :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ya fucken same here'. my strips are 70% like this all the time? my doc and the pharm" would not deal much with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Some Dr will not give scripts out for the tablets any more because of how high the diversion rate is. And do empties counts but once a pill leaves a pharmacy there is no way to know were it went. The film packages can also be tracked back to the pharm it came from than to who it belonged to. I know a kid who got arrested because the police foumd packages on six different people all linked back to him. You cant do that with a pill. I personally think if there was a way to do something similar with pain killers it might help alot.