It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I've posted, but I wanted to make a post to get some feedback on the Rx Film Cutting Guide & Taper Chart I created (link: http://www.rxfilmcuttingguide.com). It's already been 1.5 years since being off Suboxone and it's the best decision I've ever made.

I know there are others that have used the cutting guide and taper chart to help control their taper and I would like to get some feedback on how they liked the guide/chart or if there are improvements needed.

Please let me know your thoughts if you have used the cutting guide or taper chart. Good or bad, please be honest.

Thanks!

RXFCG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Creative way to help market the guide. :). I do have to say, however, that it's well, well worth the price, even since the increase. Very professionally done - even professional videos to help. I highly recommend it for anyone not only tapering but those on lower doses. The cost of a 2 mg strip is not that much less than an 8 mg. you can save big bucks by cutting the strips to fit those 1 or even 2. MG doses. I even have my sub doc suggesting it to some of his other patients.

Great product, can't even suggest any improvements. I also like you entraprenerial spirit!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:46 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks donh! I never thought about the fact of saving money by using the 8mg strips versus the 2mg strips. If they're about the same price and can get more doses out of the 8mg, that makes good sense.

I was always prescribed the 8mg strips until the very end. I had the 2mgs, but not very long since I was at the end of my taper and taking, .125mg or less a day. Even when I had the 8mgs, I had no probably cutting them down to .25mg and handling them with my tweezers.

Do you know the price difference between the two? I don't recall.

RXFCG

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I thought you were the only one selling a guide like this. Perhaps I saw someone else's? Anyhow, when I first learned of it, you (or someone) were selling it for $4.95. Then when I finally could use it, I paid $9.95. That was over one year ago - perhaps 18 months. Still very much worth it though!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yeah, it has the exact same name, which I didn't think was possible.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:53 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Appreciative of a guide as at my pharmacy, the 8 mgs and the 2 mgs are the same price....it just makes sense to buy the 8 mgs and get more for your money.

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My pharmacy says they are less than a dollar cheaper. Think of that - get a month supply at 2 mg/day for about $60 or get that same month dose for nearly $225! One you have to cut, the other is ready to go out of the package. But look at the cost savings. I'm saving two grand a year by cutting.

Even if insurance covers you 100%, why give the money to this corporation? I'm as antreprenorial and as capitalist as they come but always try to save money as well. Healthcare costs are so out of control and we need to help all we can to keep actual costs and insurance premiums as low as we can. Save the insurance company money if you are lucky enough to be fully covered. CUT YOUR STIPS

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:41 am 

Hey RX, can you please include a link to your product for people who are interested in it. I'm just about to recommend it to a new person and realized that there is no link!

Thanks,

Amy

P.S. You have permission to put a link in your signature.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 12:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Amy, see the link below. I've also updated my signature.

http://www.rxfilmcuttingguide.com

Thanks,

RXFCG