It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Filling my Subutex
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Im new here, this will be my first post. So....hello everyone. I started taking suboxone films in Jan 2013. In October 2013 I became pregnant so doctor started prescribing subutex. I of course get the generic (Buprenorphine 8mg). I have been getting 90 but the new script I have is for 120. I have always taken the Roxan Brand. I prefer them. Only once did I get hitec brand and I ended up taking more than I should have because they were so small and I guess it was just a mental thing. Okay, so after telling you a little about my situation.....on to my question. Here lately it seems like most pharmacies in my area are carrying the hitec brand. Whixh sucks because I hate having to ask for the Roxan Brand. I feel like the pharmacy workers are thinking that I want a certain brand because it makes me high or i can sell it better. Neither is the case. I half mine and I feel like I do better with the bigger tablets. Which is what i tell them but is there something else i can say so I dont sound like Im living back in the day..("I want the Watson Brand Lortabs...thank you")

Another question I have is this...I get Medicaid which thankfully pays for my prescription. Whenever I get the script from my dr I wait two weeks to get it filled because that is just the way it worked out one month. Well, I just got them filled on the 28th of last month. (8mg qty 90) Since I just went to the dr last week I would love to go ahead and take my new script (8mg qty 120) to the pharmacy to be filled. I know I would have to pay cash since it would be too early for Medicaid to pay for. Do I have to take it to a pharmacy that doesnt have my medicaid on file? I want to get it filled now hat way when I go back to the doctor I can start going to the pharmacy that day and Medicaid would cover it as well. Does that make sense? My question is...Will it be possible for me to do this if I pay cash at another pharmacy?

Let me also add that this medication has changed my life. I am working, I have my new baby, I feel better, I eat better....everything has changed for the better. Anyways, Im sorry this was so long. Thank you all for reading and thanks in advance for replying.

Post subject: Re: Filling my Subutex
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi there jellybean, I'm afraid that if your state has a prescription monitoring system in place, whatever pharmacy you use to pay cash for your meds at will see that you just filled an rx only two weeks before and perhaps alert your doctor. Or your Dr. may look at the system and see that you've filled your new script two weeks earlier than necessary. I totally understand what you mean because I prefer to fill my meds on apt day as well. I asked my doctor's permission to do so once and he said it was OK, explaining to him that my pharmacy is 45 mins away from home but conveniently located on my way to and from my Dr's office, so due to work and transportation, it's easier to fill prescriptions on appt days. I haven't done that anymore though, because I have a really good rapport with my Dr and pharmacy staff and even though I don't misuse my medication, refilling early too often will send up red flags, so I just suck it up and wait until refill day. My pharmacy is great and treats me with respect always, but strictly enforces their filling only every thirty days policy, if that's how the script is written.

Yes, it's inconvenient at times, like today I had to leave work early to go to fill my rx and make it home before the school bus, but we do what we gotta, ya know? It's better than having my doc or pharmacist look at me like I'm up to no good, Imo, anyway. As far as the brand, perhaps you could ask your Dr. To write for a specific brand? Idk, so far mine had only carried one brand, Roxane, so I have no experience with others, and not sure what you could say to get a particular brand. Are you sure that with 120 of them, the hitech brand won't do? Maybe you could tell them that the other brand doesn't work as well for you or gives you undesirable side effects?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:17 am 

Hi JB,

I'm going to agree with Lizzie about filling it too early. What does surprise me is the amount you are taking. 8 mg's X's 3? That is a whole lot of Buprenorphine and is normally reserved for those with a really large habit. It's really none of my business and if you feel good at that amount then let it be. That's another subject for some other day.

Also, I moved your thread over to Introductions. The section you put it in is reserved for Dr. Junig. No harm, no foul.

Welcome to the forum! And I'm pleased to hear Sub has been working for you. Another addict free from the craziness.

rule

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Oh yeah...I was thinking my post was not in the correct spot, so thank you for moving it. I have a very good rep with my doctor and pharmacy. Never failed a drug test and never refilled early. Often late getting it filled. I want to keep my reputation with this whole thing like it has been. I actually had a pretty large reserve until I stupidly forget to get my May script filled. That really messed me up and I want that reserve back. It was like a sercurity blanket. Anyways I was doing a little research and seen where if your doctor ups your dose that you could possibly get it earlier. The one I got filled on Aug 28th was for 3 8mg a day. My new one is for 4 8mg a day. So with that being said, will the fill it like maybe a week early for me?
As far as my past habit, I think it was pretty large but I know some people probably took more than me. I was on a 30 10mg hydocodone habit everyday for 4yrs. Then after that I was taking between 80mgs and 400mgs of methadone everday for 6 years straight. I had a high tolerance but feel extremely lucky to still be here to finally experience the life I once could never imagine. One day I would love to be off of the subutex but for now thats what is working for me. Thank ya'll for the replies and I hope to hear more from everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just incase anyone ever has the same question about their meds, I called my pharmacy and they said to follow the directions on my new prescription for the pills I had remaining on my old prescription and when they run out, I can bring my new one in to be filled. Which for me my last one was filled on the 28th of last month and I can take my new one in on the 20th or 21st of this month.