It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:43 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi all, just wanted to say , never listen to anyone. I was about 8 days early cause i couldnt make my normal appointment. The doctor gave the script, the pharmacy filled it !!!!! I was freaking out after reading everyone saying 2 days is too early, they all were wrong.

The issue is your all using walgreens , wallmart, cvs ect . STOP going to big companys like them. They dont care about you. Go to a normal mom and pop small pharmacy, find one and stick to them always. Help the economy , screw big companys. They will get to know you and care way more then others. Why even pay some huge company, screw them, let the real pharmacys make money who treat you well. They are much faster also. If you feel you got moved down too fast and you feel a relapse coming speak with your doctor he is there to stop this from happening. Be honest and you will be very suprised and if you have a ass for a doctor then find another. Just writing this cause i was reading so many posts about filling scripts early and it was freaking me out. I think it is 10 days early they can do in NY. This is for suboxone not pain meds.... and if the pharmacy talks down to you in any way gobto another !!! Unles you have one place near by avoid the big companys they dont deserve a dime. They dont need your money but a small pharmacy will and they will respect you for stoping the use of horrible drugs not treat you like a addict whwn in fact your no longer a addict. They know.nothing about suboxone and how many lifes it saves every single day !!

Not to mention alcohol, there are more alcohol related deaths then all illegal drugs combined. This legal drug alcohol is a poison and you can.die from using it or withdrawels... not from pot.. pot has not kiled one person, ever !! Im sick of the media talking out thwre asses about drugs when they all use the worst drug there is. They even use propoganda to call it drugs and alcohol.. what does that mean.. alcohole IS A DRUG !! THE WORST DRUG THERE IS, more children use this drug then any other, it is the first drug they use. Does the drug alcohol save lifes, stop 5 ye olds from having 20 seziers a day ? NO it does no good and only kills, not pot.... pot is used medically now days cause science beats the governments theorys and propoganda and everyone is waking . Watch.. weed.. by dr sanjay.... educate yourself. Soon it will be legal everywhere as it is safer for a head ach then asprin.

Sorry to ramble on but im sick of uneducated people speaking there opinion on pot while they support a drug like alcohol.... to hate on pot means you support alcohol and that means you hate on a drug that has killed not one person EVER.. and support a drug that kills so many every single day. Now that is sick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:57 pm 

Hi r44,

Welcome to the forum! Although I fully agree with your opinion about large companies, pharmacies, etc., I do take issue with what sounds like the promotion of using marijuana.

Of course we all know it is much safer than alcohol. And yes, there are some medical benefits to using it. But to addicts like ourselves, it is just another way to get high. We don't need anymore triggers to want to get high. I'm not pot bashing, but I do think it's gone way overboard the other direction. How come almost every person who says it's for a medical reason happens to be between 18-28? Call it like it is. They just want a buzz. The answer I always get is "it's for my back pain". Same excuse for most of them. Colorado may have it right though. Most there just say they want it to get high. At least they're honest.

I mostly worry about the amount of people who will drive while buzzed. The more accepted it gets, the chances of buzzed driving will occur.

Don't get my post wrong. I am not in total disagreement with you. It's just that on a forum that is here for recovery, promoting the use of anything to get high is not productive and could result in some relapsing.

That's my 2¢

Glad to have you with us here,

rule

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:56 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for chiming in ! Glad to hear from ya

I am sorry if it came off that way. I have read on here people saying smoke a little Weed if you feel the urge to relapse ect.. so i assumed it was ok to speak about it. If they smoke they smoke, i doubt the gonna read this and run to smoke lol. Pot actually keeps you from a relapse.

I have been smoking pot for the past 3 yrs and have not relapsed once with heroin. Alcohol would cause a relapse cause when you get high from it you don't care about a thing, makes you wake up not knowing what you did the night before. That's how bad alcohol is. Normal people who are calm and nice become crazy lunatics on alcohol. Most people smoke pot to feel better not get as high as they can honestly and they can remember everything and can live life just as they would straight. If you met me an
and i was high you would not know it and we could be driving together or anything at all.

Yes people like to get high from it BUT people also like to get high from the drug alcohol and do every day. The soul purpose of alcohol is to get high, there are zero other reasons,and zero benefits. People use it just to get wacked . Would rather have everyone driving while medicated on pot then wacked from alcohol..... in the report called ....weed by dr sanjay .. it shows evidence where people who use pot on the reg drive just like they do straight ! Only the people who never used it had issues when they did there study..... I'm a big believer in science , and science has proved pot to be like a glass of milk compared to alcohol. You cant compare one drug with another when one kills soooo many every single day and the other has killed not one person ever. Alcohol is the worst drug there is , look up how many people it kills each year.

All I'm saying is watch the show called .. weed by dr sanjay .... it will show the facts. Yes people smoke to get high and I say great !! At least they cant die from this, at least there using something that has many benefits unlike alcohol that has not one benefit to it besides you cant walk or talk which is not a benefit lol. Using pot for a head ach is safer then popping aspirin all the time. Would rather have people driving on pot then alcohol cause people on pot drive just as good straight this is proven in a study. People on alcohol cant drive at all no matter how often they use it. I would also much rather walk past a group of guys at night who were high from pot then alcohol, we all know why. Alcohol makes people do things they never would do normally, pot does not. I can go on forever showing how evil alcohol is hahahha. I'm speaking about people who use pot every week , obviously people who never used it are gonna have issues at first. You cant even walk on alcohol or even talk, most criminals were high from alcohol when they did there crime.

Anyway you got me rambling again haha. Sorry if i came off wrong , I'm just sick of all the propaganda out there and need the USA to open there minds and LISTEN TO SCIENCE not gov theory's. Did you know the gov has a patent on a chemical in pot ? They will allow no studies for the gold of it cause they know it can replace all meds down to aspirin for a headache.

My point is all of the haters who are using propaganda on TV bashing pot support people dieing. If they devote all there time trying to stop pot which is natural instead of making a man made drug that is legal illegal cause it kills more people each year then all illegal drugs then this means they are ok with that. If they cared they would be devoting time to make alcohol illegal but instead they attack a drug that has never killed.

You Must watch. WEED BY DR SANJAY ..... You will see the benefits and how it saves children's life's !! Alcohol is like the devil and pot is god , that's how much safer pot is.

Sorry if i come of too much, I'm very passionate about science beating theory. Sorry i cant help myself from rambling haha.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:00 pm 

No harm, no foul. You don't need to tell me about the dangers of alcohol. I come from Irish/German decent and was born with a bottle of vodka instead of milk! :wink:

It got the best of me and before I killed someone, I got sober. Must have driven 1,000's of miles completely smashed. Luckily, I hit bottom before any more damage to my life happened. 2 DUI's were enough. Lost the marriage and ended up in a single apt. with no car. Come this April 5th I'll have gone 27 years w/o drinking.

Pot hurts my lungs and I hate the high. Too paranoid. Smoked 100 acres of it in my youth and just got plain burned out on it. Tried it again a few years ago and still hated it.

Yes, people have used it to help with the w/d's. Whatever floats your boat. I wish it would work for me and my pain. Maybe one day they'll make something from it that helps with pain but doesn't fry my brain.

rule

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:34 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I still drink sometimes as I never had any issues moderating myself with alcohol, but I find that I want to drink less and less as time goes on as I too have my own resentments with alcohol. I agree with your thoughts on weed, I just can't smoke it during the day as the fatigue and lack of lucidity makes me unhappy if it's during daylight.

Not everyone has the options locally to go to a non-big-chain pharmacy, but I'm lucky enough to have experience with those options. My pharmacy is not a cvs/walgreens/whatever, they're a pharmacy inside one of the many medical buildings surrounding the campus of my local hospital, and they've treated me with nothing but respect and dignity. Like they don't even just treat me well enough like a human being, they treat me like any other customer that they've known a long time, willing to help on any issue they can. Unfortunately they're only open til 5 so I'll only fill a scrip at cvs once in a while if it's for anti biotics for a UTI when my usual guys aren't open. And you're right, these chains take so much longer. It's always like a frickin hour, these other pharmacies won't waste much of your time as I can usually get in and out in 10 min.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Rule, congratulations on 27 years alcohol free!!! That's sensational!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

No joke, that is huge Rule!!!! I'm so proud of you!

Honestly, I think staying sober from alcohol is much more difficult than staying off opiates. At least when you get passed the WD from opiates you don't run into someone popping pills at every party and family gathering you go to. You can't just go into the convenience store where you have just finished pumping gas and run smack dab into a case full of oxy's there for you to buy if you want them. :wink:

The social acceptability and ease of access makes it so much harder to stay away from.

Huge props to you my friend!

Q