It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:03 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Last Friday after I saw my doctor I immediately had to fill my prescription because I was all out. So I went to the pharmacy I usually go to, Rite Aid, and they had none in stock and wouldn’t have any until the following Tuesday because of the holiday on Monday. I thought it was no big deal and would just go to one the other 10 pharmacies within a few miles of me. Well after going to another rite aid and two Walgreens, they too wouldn't have any in stock until after Memorial Day. I then tried CVS for the first time ever to fill a prescription. They had the entire 60 in-stock and filled it within no time at all. I paid the usual 35 dollars and left. After looking at the price that it would've cost without insurance it was sooo much cheaper than Rite Aid. At rite aid for 60 films is would cost about $470 and at CVS it was $380! Even though I have insurance, I can’t believe how much more rite aid is charging people for the exact same drug. I figured I will drive the extra mile or two to fill it at CVS from now on.

I also have yet to open a single film that is ripped at all in this batch for the first time in about 8 months or so. This was definitely something I was glad to see because it is such a hassle to have to deal with the ripped films. I thought I would share this price break for anyone who doesn't have insurance and is paying too much. Anyone else who fills their prescription recently notice if the films aren't ripped anymore?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It must depend on the area you are in because the Rite Aid in my area is cheaper than CVS. Rite Aid charges me $212 per 30 films, and the CVS here charges $234 for the same amount. I know this because I called last month checking prices, since I was thinking about switching pharmacies because of the brittle films. But I stayed with Rite Aid since it's cheaper, and this month's batch didn't have any cracks in them.

Rite Aid also told me that they offer a discount at if you purchase more than one box at a time...so 60 films would only be $399, instead of $424. It looks like your CVS is still cheaper than that! :P

By the way Fireman, since you are on the films, are you using the $50 off card?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh yeah, and the Walgreen's here said they charge $259 for a box of 30 films...yikes!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Everyone should be using the RB manufacturers 50% off coupon I use it ONCE/month as it is allowed only one use per month but it seriously cuts the cost in HALF, it is a HUGE savings !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:22 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yes, the area you are in seems to be affecting the price for whatever reason. It is like that for tobacco and alcohol products because of taxes and stuff but I am not sure why there would be such drastic price changes for prescription drugs.

I used to use the $45 coupon for every month but I haven't been able to use the new coupon for some reason. I have tried to use it for the past two or three months but whenever I try it, they say that the coupon was denied because I reached the limit. I would have just thought the pharmacist messed it up but they printed the document that is stating all the info. I still am not sure if it was just an error or what the problem is. I was thinking about making a topic to see if anyone else has had the same problem because it seems like some people are able to use it for years. Anyone else have this problem? Any info would be great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You should be able to use it every month throughout the remainder of the year 2012. My pharmacy denied it one time because I had come back for my Rx before the 30 days were up (one calendar month). For example, I got my first Rx March 30th, and came back to get the next Rx April 28th. Their computer automatically rejected it because I didn't wait at least 30 days. So I just came back a few days later and it worked.

Also, it's not valid in Massachusetts, or if you have Medicaid, Medicare, TRICARE or are on other federal or state assistance programs, including the Suboxone Patient Assistance Program.

I got this info from the suboxone.com website. It states this in the fine print on the coupon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm not sure if that is what is happening in your situation or not, but if so, I forgot to tell you that when this happens, and you need your dose of sub that day, you can ask the pharmacy to just fill half of the Rx, and tell them that you will come back to get the other half in a few days, when the coupon will go through. That way, they will give you some to take home that day, and charge you the full price, but when you go back to pick up the other half of your Rx, they will be able to apply the copay card to the remaining total, and you will get the full $50 off. I had to do this a couple times, until I realized what was going on. Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:51 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I call around every other month to check prices. Most of the time walmart is where I go. Kroger jumped up the price last year so I began looking else where. Plus each chain store pharcan change the price monthly. We have 3 krogers here an each one had a different price. I pay 250 for 42 an month with the 45 dollar copay card. No ins. My clinic issued new cards back in feb. I've never seen this 50% card One Day is talking about but would love to know where I could get one.that would be of great savings. I've never had broken films from walmartbut once from kroger. I have a good dr but no way he will write for subutex. Sucks. Seems the price of films on av is 8 bucks here give or take dollar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:24 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

The Link to the Rickett Benckiser Manufacturer website 50% coupon card is here --->> Manufacturer discount 50% off coupon

I use this coupon card at WalMart and they give me 50% my films. You can ONLY use it Once a month. You also have a minimum that you have to buy. Details are at the website link above, do Not go on what the coupon says because your Pharmacy may in fact use the coupon for more of a discount than the coupon states. I believe ALL WalMarts give a 50% for using this coupon.

Hope this helps, I would do most anything to get a discount, and this is one great way to get one. All you have to do is present it to the pharmacy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've never seen a 50 PERCENT off coupon. Did you mean 50 DOLLAR off coupon One day ata Time?

I love coupons!!! :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

No..the above mentioned and linked to coupon is for 50% OFF the price of Films.Use it it will save you a ton of money. I used it at WalMart pharmacy twice now, the coupon I linked to took OFF 50% of the cots for my films. No Joke, try it out ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:21 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Taurus, I haven’t been able to use the new coupon for the $0 copay up to $50. I haven’t used a coupon in probably four months and the last time I tried was 2 months ago, so I do not think it is getting denied for trying to use it too soon. I do know exactly what you’re talking about because for the old $45 dollar coupon I sometimes was not able to use it because I tried it within 30 days. I think that on the coupon it says you can only use the coupon 10 times in 2012, but I haven’t used this specific coupon at all in 2012 but have used the other coupon at least 7 times maybe 10. I am going to try to call the phone number on the print out the pharmacy gave me when the coupon was denied in March. Thanks for trying to help me with this, any idea if you are only allowed to use a total of any of the coupons 10 times?

Razor - Calling around sounds like a great idea! It is kind of odd that 3 of the Kroger’s all have different prices. I wonder how they determine the price adjustments at the same store in the same zip code at different locations. It is surely strange to me. I have filled my prescription at two rite aid stores around me and the price was the same. It was $470 at both stores, but I pay $35 either way.

One day ata time - I checked the link you posted for the 50% off card, but that link takes you to the discount card for $0 copay up to $50. It says above the print copay card link: "An ongoing copay program covers what most privately insured SUBOXONE Film patients pay out-of-pocket—up to $50 a month in savings—making it more affordable than the SUBOXONE® (buprenorphine and naloxone) sublingual tablets (CIII)*"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Okay, I'm confused. I clicked on the link that One Day at a Time posted and its for $50 off, not 50% off. I would love to have 50% off as opposed to 50 bucks, but i'm not seeing anything for 50% off. I've been using the coupon for $50 off and this is helpful, but not as helpful as it would be to get my prescription at half off. If there is a half off coupon, please let me know where to find it, because the link that is posted is for the coupon i'm already using. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm not seeing the 50% off coupon in that link either. All I see is a $50 off coupon. 50% off coupons are very hard to come by because that is a huge discount. Especially for something as expensive as Suboxone (I'm an avid couponer, in case you couldn't tell :lol: ). I don't believe it until I see it.

I believe the $50 off coupon states that it can only be used 10 times in 2012 because it didn't come out until March 2012, which leaves only 10 calendar months that are possible to use it this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Re-READ my post, I said that... not to take what it says on the Manufacturer website at face value, that most pharmacies will in fact give you a higher discount. Where I buy my films at WalMart ....... and I have confirmed this with 2 other Walmart Film shoppers....... that WalMart in Fact Gave me/us 50% OFF...Yes I said it correctly and you read it correctly 50% O F F...... if you use the above linked to coupon. If you don't want to get 50% off then don't try it, that's cool by me. A friend told me about it and I believed them, and yes when I presented that above linked to coupon at the Walmart (where in my area the WalMart stores are the cheapest suppliers of the films anyway) WalMart did in fact give me 50%, NOT $50 OFF but 50% OFF......... that is 50% PERCENT Off.....lol.....wondering why it is confusing when I posted to not take website at face value but to try it out for your self to see. If you don't want 50% of then by all means do not use it....again I can't help but laugh !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You can only use this coupon if you get more than 14 suboxone films! That totally blows because even though I have a $20 copay...it is the same whether I get 5 or 50! :[

Only 2 more weeks until I am back to bi-weekly rx's!

Only get 11 at a time right now....weekly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Off with our heads!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:51 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

wow would love a half off coupon for anything. I currently use the up to 50 dollar off co pay coupon now, and it does help alot. I have found that our local cvs is about one hundred dollars more in cost then the local krogers and thats for 75 a month of the strips. I havent tried wallmart yet, I do have a question though. my script is for suboxone, do i have to get the films or can i get the tabs, if they are carried, just by asking for them at the pharm? I realize the copay coupon is for the film but what if i dont use the coupon? just curious

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm thinking that they cannot just give you the tabs if your script is for the films, but I'm not 100% positive. Good question, maybe someone will come along with an answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This is what I've heard:

If the doctor writes the script for "Suboxone tablets" then they can only dispense the tablets. Same goes if they write down "Suboxone film/strips". HOWEVER, if they write the prescription and it says, "SUBOXONE, 8mg/2mg", and it does NOT specify whether it's for the tablets or the strips, then the pharmacy can dispense either one.

Let me re-phrase. We had a member here who presented such a script to a pharmacist and THAT particular pharmacist allowed that person to choose what form he wanted the med in. I don't know if that's legal or not, but that's how the member described what happened.

Keep in mind, although most drug laws are at the federal level, states can and do make laws in addition to the federal ones so things can sometimes vary from state to state.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.