It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:47 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Price Check!... all I know for sure is that each phar I've ever delt with can an has moved the price of my filmsdepending on the count[numbers of films] or just for the sake of money. I've seen as high as 9 a piece to a low 7.25. My co pay card works. but will look into this link for 50% off an see what happens.I could use a break too..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Both of my scripts from the Doctor was for "Suboxone - 8mg" at both times the Pharm asked me which I wanted tabs or films and I answered films as I know they are cheaper and better for absorption. I do know that a total of 4 people have taken the Ricket Benchkiser Coupon to WalMart and have gotten a 50% off price for at the very minimum 14 films. You have to purchase at least 14 films, and you can only use the RB manufacturer coupon once/each month. Ob both occasions when I paid for my films the price was $4.28/film. That is high for a drug but WAY WAY better than the $9 to$12 that I hear some people are having to pay. I hope that yall can start using the RB coupon, try it at WalMart, it might take drving down to your local WallyWorld Pharm showing them the RB coupon and getting a Price Check.....hope this helps !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:03 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Moviemaker - Sorry to hear you have to fill a new prescription every week, that sounds a little much to me. Have you just recently started suboxone?

skidbro - I am pretty sure it has to specify on your prescription whether it is the film or tabs. I have heard from the pharmacist if it just says suboxone 8mg (or 2mg) they would have to call the doctor to check which it is supposed to be. When I first got on suboxone I wanted to get the tabs but it said suboxone film on my script, so the pharmacist wouldn't give the tabs to me. In the past, my doctor has written on my prescription suboxone 8mg film and may substitute for subutex 8mg. This was when I had a problem with my insurance so I could choose which one I wanted so I got the generic subutex for price reasons.

Like hatmaker said, this could vary from state to state, so it could vary for you but that is what has happened in my experiences. As far as the text on the prescription, what I was told could very well be the policy that the particular pharmacy had that I was told by. It can't hurt to ask and see if they are willing to give you the tablets, but I am not sure what the prescription specifies, if it even does.

razor - I have seen the exact same thing as far as the price goes for the quantity you are filling. The very first time I filled a suboxone prescription was for two films when I was inducted. I filled it at Walgreens because it was the closest to my doctor’s office. The price was $21.99 at the time because it had not been pre-authorized by my insurance at the time.

As far as the 50% off, there must be some sort of glitch in the system at Wal-Mart or something otherwise doctors would rave about this to patients to save money. Also, it doesn't say it anywhere on the coupon or website.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: my two cents
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I was curious to see whether the coupon was 50% off or $50 off.
I clicked on the link that "Oneday" put up and this is what it says:

"An ongoing copay program covers what most privately insured SUBOXONE Film patients pay out-of-pocket—up to $50 a month in savings—making it more affordable than the SUBOXONE® (buprenorphine and naloxone) sublingual tablets (CIII)*"

So, I think it means $50 off, it probably just worked out to 50% off since you only got 14 films. Most people get a full months worth of 30-60 films.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Lindy..if you read what my posts said ......that to NOT Take what the RB Manufacturer states at face value, that in fact many Pharmacies do in fact give a larger discount........... I am sorry but is it that hard to not want to try and get 50% off at your pharmacy or at WalMart. Why debate it ? I can't for the life of me understand what is so hard about what I said. Try it at WalMart, 4 people that I know including me all around the USA have gotten this 50% and no I bought 28 films this last time and wow, they were $4.28 each........I have in the past used a coupon and the pharmacy has in fact given a larger discount because of that coupon,etc. It's up to you if you want to Not try and get the 50%, if you want to pay full price, fine by me. But it is a FACT that me and 4 other people that I know have used Walmart and we also showed them the Rikett Benckiser $0.00 co-pay Coupon, and we all have gotten 50% off yes 50 percent off the cost of our Films. You do have to at least buy 14 films or MORE, and you can ONLY Use it ONCE/ Month.....try it out at your local WalMart what have you to loose other than time or gain lots of money back in your pocket. It could very well be the particular Walmarts, but these 4 people are all over the USA, not just confined to one region or area.......Just Read My posts and words fully.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

One day -

They are saying that FOR YOU, it WORKED OUT to EQUAL half off of your med costs, but the coupon itself is only redeemable for FIFTY DOLLARS off a one month's supply. (What you and your pharmacy do is a separate thing and has nothing to do with the coupon.)

Believe, me, we've been dealing with these RB coupons for quite some time now. It's $50, not 50%.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Wow, really?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

One day ata Time wrote:
Why debate it ? I can't for the life of me understand what is so hard about what I said. .......Just Read My posts and words fully.....

I really don't appreciate the way you responded to me, I only said, I didn't understand.

Thanks Hat for backing me and the others up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

yes, one day,
You HAVE to realize these coupons, or variations of them have been around for at least 13 months that I know of.

THATS WHY you have so many ppl not believing your "50%" off. becuase, it would have been here a long ass time ago, if it were true, I THINK (in my opinion)

AND,
how many times have you filled suboxone prescriptions????

twice now, right???

so hat is probably right, it was equal to half the money, so on your end it would seem that way. (fifty percent)

When I was paying out of pocket, $550 per month, I would have driven the 56 miles to walmart, to recieve half off, believe me!!!!!

I looked up EVERYTHING on how to save money,and I even DROVE to wallmart, and used that coupon, but the price difference wasnt worth the gasoline. (112miles round trip)

when I first started sub, the coupon was for $45 off.

Correct me if Im wrong, but you got a two week perscription, from your induction, and then the other day (your bday) you got another two week Rx, right?
and so you picked up one week each time, that would have been 14 films right?
14 films -50 bucks, is probably 50%

so you've only picked up twice or three times from the pharmacy, 14 at a time, right????

when you get your first ONE MONTH Rx, see if it works then.

NOT trying to be mean. Im just pretty sure $50 off is equal to 50% with 14 films

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

One day said that he paid an average of $4.40 or so for EACH film. So, for him to get a 2 week supply, at around...2 a day...would be $120 or so. Maybe $110.00.

If he uses a $50 off coupon...then $110 MINUS $50 EQUALS $60.00

SO, One day ata time, this is EQUIVALENT to 50% off FOR YOU ONLY.

Other people here get 30 at one time...60 at one time...some even 90 AT ONE TIME.

So for 90 Suboxone a month, at $6.00 each would be $540.00

Now, $50 off of that price wouldn't be no where NEAR 50%.

I'm pretty sure that the situation with you getting 50% off of your suboxone has been covered previously...but I hope this explains why IT APPEARS that you got 50% off. Trust me, I know the area and there's NOBODY that sells Suboxone for under $4.00 each....ANYWHERE in the state.

I know because when I first started, I checked everyone around central and surrounding counties...and for the past 4 years, I've found ONE place that was cheaper than ANYONE else, even Walmart with a coupon, and that's Fred's....their were selling me the Suboxone pill for 6.25 if I bought over 30 at one time.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:35 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

My last script that I had refilled was yesterday. 28 films at Walmart I used the RB Coupon and they were $4.28 each or $119.84 I also bought some bandaides on the same receipt and that is why I remember it was like $123. I honestly am not trying to be a dick or anything like that. Now it could be that the WalMart I am using made a mistake IDK ( i have used the same WlaMart each time, and I am on file there after the first visit, could be they just give me the 50% off each time), but in talking to a few other(4 people from other forums that I have just met) WalMart buyers they have said the same thing that they used the RB coupon and they were half off. What you explain about just buying 14 films could be the case for them..IDK..but this last time I did get 28 films for 50% off. Sorry. All I know is what happened with me and what I am told....I can see where you would be upset if you are paying allot more than that. I am new to this forum, so again sorry, I was just trying to help out with people saving money. The cost of Suboxone is ridiculous IMHO. RB is making $$BIllions off of this drug. That is why they can offer the $50.00 off coupon. But it can't hurt to see if your local WalMart will also give you the same 50% off, why not try?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

are you using a 'prescription savings card' of ANY kind, along with this coupon????

When I was paying outta pocket,

with my savings card, just a noname one from online,

TEN films was $63

getting cheaper, as you go up in how many strips purchased at one time.

SORRY
but this could still be the case if they are using ANY type of discount card, which they could be even without your knowledge. Like, SOME pharmacies (rite aid for example) use a generic discount card for EVERY cash paying patient, in general saving them 10%

Im just saying, YOU could STILL just be getting 50 dollars off, but it SEEMS like 50%

Im NOT trying to sound like an ass either, really I swear!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I live in California, and my clinic gave me a tip: buy the $100 annual Sam's Club membership, and i get 40% off any generic prescriptions. I get prescribed the generic Rox Subutex 8mg tablets, 60 count, once a month. I pay $120. I only pay $2 a tablet!
I am pretty sure this Sam's Club deal is not just local! If you can afford the one time membership fee, the savings really pay off! I only had to pay $11 (no insurance mind you) for a penicillin script when I was sick this last week too.

Just something to consider!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Also!! I forgot to add, for those of you not on generic: there is 20% discount on name brand prescriptions as well. You get a little more off for generics but there is still a discount for non generic meds....

So if you dont have insurance or a prescription savings card (where they give you one big fat discount and then every time after it goes up.. Been there)... Try the sam's club membership or use a family member or friend's membership card and fill your precription there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:33 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

@Fireman, thanks for the tip!

Another tip for anyone else who doesn't have insurance is to try a rx discount card. Sometimes they don't work at all but sometimes the savings is huge. Here's a site that lists a couple: http://suboxone-coupons.com

Post subject: be
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:43 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

CVS has been scamming me on my suboxone RX. Some time back CVS switched me to generic suboxone and I just thought it was cheaper, and it was at first, so I went with it, For some time I notice that cvs was charging my insurance $750 for the generic. I got to looking and they had been doing this for some time. My wife is on subutex too and when they went with the cheapest generic they could give us she went into partial withdraw taking it. she had some of the better subutex and took it and felt better immediately. Then they tried to give me the even cheaper generic and I refused it. Then just to see, I made them fill my last RX with the name brand strips and whoo. it was $150 dollars cheaper than the generics. I said what the heck is going on and they played dumb. Like they didn't know where all the money was to be made filling this brand of drug. Piss me off how they got cheaper forms of the drug charging more while the name band is much cheaper and better for the patient. BEWARE OF CVS AND THE HIGHER PRICES FOR THEIR GENERICS VS NAME BRAND. SUBOXONE. They were making a killing.