It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 6:07 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

This my 9th day without suboxone. This is my 7th time trying. I have some clonidine, klonopin, drinking lots of water, I took some Norco over the nine days along with some tramadol, those are gone. So tmw will be first day with no opiates (they really do obviously work for sub wds, I don't abuse those either which is a plus! I got subs for fibro) my sleeping pill (can't remember the name, can't think anyways right now). Is there something over the counter I can get that helps with the gooseflesh besides benadryl? Oh I jumped from about 2 MG a day subs. I have a bunch with me, don't wanna even think about the taste lol... please help me, I have two children so can't just lay in a room with this pain either!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:43 pm 

How are you doing Mal? I'm sorry people aren't responding back to your threads but my guess is because you say you're not an addict and use Norco's to help with withdrawal symptoms. That statement alone puts off a lot of people here. Not that we don't believe you, it's more that we can't do stuff like that. Taking a Norco during Suboxone withdrawal would send me over the deep end of addiction.

All I can say is that it'll get better and better as the days pass by. No, I don't even have experience with Sub w/d's. I'm just saying what has been said before by those who have.

How did you end up on Suboxone? It is not meant for pain although we all know it helps. It just seems like there are better drugs for pain management if you are not an addict. Just my 2ยข worth.

Hope you're feeling better,

rule

P.S. I deleted your other post because it said almost the same thing as this one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey rule, just wanted to maybe provide some explanation about the sub for fibromyalgia. I don't mean to discredit anyone who does get relief from painkillers, but for most people with fibro, full agonist opiates are not terribly effective against that type of pain. Partial agonists like suboxone and tramodol would come higher recommended for fibro pain than Oxys. Not sure why but I can tell you that as a fibromyalgia patient who is on sub for both reasons (opiate cravings/addiction and pain), it seemed to be much more effective for my pain than shit I was on before that. I also had more energy not being under the influence of full agonists and without living a life of jonesing, I was able to be more physically active and take care of myself in the way that is recommended for fibro patients, as some exercises are a primary therapy for managing symptoms like pain and fatigue. Hope that offers some insight :)