It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My house is unbelievably messy. I am on three weeks of subutex, love it, i'm so grateful. but I realize I need help. I'm frozen. It this something others have experienced?
barbyl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:55 pm 

Hey Barbyl,
Welcome to the forum, glad you have started yoir thread here in Introductions. How are you feeling now since your induction on Subs?
What are your setbacks? Or mess's?.. Maybe you could tell us alittle more about yourself Barbyl?
So your house is a mess?, lol, mine too...
Ive been on sub therapy for over 4 years now without a slip and have rebuilt much in my life today. And with many others to nelp me, and this great forum I continue to move forward.
I do hope you too will keep goi g in the right direction. ..
Just wanted to say hello, and im certain others will be aloug too.

Also, try looking over at the Talkzone blog ,and videos of Dr Junigs, our founder and all around good guy leader!! You will find the right answers there and experience in the forum as well...

Three weeks now for you, are you feeling well and stable now?..

Razor..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Barbyl, are you feeling overwhelmed? Sometimes people get stuck when they see a huge mess ahead... the key is to keep moving forward with small manageable steps. If the house is a mess, straighten up a quarter of one room. People often have a pile of things to take care of when they decide to stop using-- debt, criminal charges, relationship problems, dental and health problems... there is a saying 'when you are in a hole, stop digging'-- another saying in AA is 'do the next right thing'. Don't focus on how far you have to go---- just do the right things each day, and over time things will straighten out. Keep writing too!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:55 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for replying. I remember when I was 12 our family doctor put me on diet pills and in the sixties, they were they real deal. I experienced the first sense of what it was like to finish something. I got stuck on speed for a while and when I was on speed, I cleaned and organized my house. The only times in my life I've cleaned and organized my house is when I was on some kind of speed. I am literal in my statement, doc. The ONLY time.
Right now I look at this mess which currently includes dog poop because my old blind dog pooped all over the living room when I went to the store to buy exlax. For me! lol! She has diarrhea!
I am so relieved with the bupe, and gratefully thrilled to not chase pain pills any more.But i sure wish i could hire someone to help.
The miracle of bupe gives me hope.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:58 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm still trying to navigate the website. I'm finally getting a handle on it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

barbyl

Welcome to a Great forum! You are very new to sub so give yourself some time to adjust to the medication, maybe you will "unfreeze". Is there any way you can get a cleaning person for one day to help? Any friends, family, kids you could have help you?

What else will you be doing to help with your recovery? I go to an addiction therapist and i can't tell you how much he helps me!

Glad you are learning to navigate the forum. It took me a while to figure it out :D

There is also a PM function, private message...i am going to PM you so check your private messages or if you don't know how let me know here and i will help you. I think we are close in age.

I won't be back until tonight, work today then run those last minute errands. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

HI Barbyl,

I know what this feels like; house is a mess, life feels like a mess. But as suboxdoc said, try to focus on a few small things at a time. If the dog pooped, focus on just cleaning up the poop for the day and know that, the next day, you can focus on something else, just a small task, such as going through old mail or just focusing on your kitchen sink.

As you complete these tasks, mentally reward yourself. Think about it in terms of "I have accomplished THIS today and I know I can accomplish the kitchen sink tomorrow." It helps to compartmentalize your accomplishments, as there's just no way to clean the whole house in a day (and I've tried it and ended up feeling defeated when I gave myself such a large task).

You can do this! It really helps to compartmentalize your tasks, so once you accomplish them, you'll allow yourself to feel good about it (which you totally deserve) and then you can set yourself another task for the next day, whether it be cleaning the kitchen sink or washing your sheets; one task will add up to numerous small tasks, then you'll feel so much better about your accomplishments.

I know how much it sucks once you realize you aren't focusing on active addiction anymore; I felt like I'd been neglecting life's tasks for so long (and this is coming from someone who is really anal about having a clean house, bills paid, etc.). But really, one task at a time, you'll get there, even if it feels like one small task at the time. Small tasks add up to large gratifying accomplishments!