It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Fentynal
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:08 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi there. Everything I read seams to be with heroine or equivalent. I am just starting suboxen after doing fentyal 5-20 pills of 80mgs a day for 8 years straight and yes they are homemade so some are stronger than others but I'm reading a lot about how the withdrawals from suboxen are harder than haroine and what not. Am I making a mistake by starting suboxen instead of just tapering off of pills. I have already spent 3 days in with drawl since starting 6mgs of suboxen everyday for 4days now. Would I be smarter to just stop both now and be farther ahead since I was already in with drawl for so long?

Post subject: Re: Fentynal
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:04 pm 

Hey Brutus,
Short answer , imo, no you wouldn't be better off stopping everything. And this is the problem. If we could just taper off and stop we all Would.
The big issue is Staying Stopped.
The best thing after 8 years of useing opiates like you have would be to get stable on a moderate dose of Buprenorphine for a time as you work on life without being high .A year at least. Better success rate for thoses over a year or more.
Work on a recovery plan be it meetings for accountability or therapy.
The reason people think it is harder to stop Suboxone is that it does take louger to do a slow taper and most people go way to fast and end up going back to there drug of choise, be it herion or oxy or whatever.
It is my opinion you are doing the right thing starting sub treatment Brutus. Hope you stick around here and read alittle more about how well many of us ars doing and have done.
Razor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:24 pm 

Ok it's been awhile since I've been out in the using world but what do u mean by fentanyl homeade? I've heard something like this on tv but pretty clueless on that. But in my past I got pretty heavy on chewing the fentanyl patches. Let me assure u that suboxone withdrawal is NOTHING compared to that. Plus ppl who stop suboxone taper off at a slow steady rate and some don't even have much withdrawal at all. Maybe ur not taking enough suboxone to equal ur tolerance to fentanyl. That's just my opinion. There's a few opiates that's in my category as very strong and fentanyl is one of them. It made me pretty miserable bk in my using days and you'd need more than 6mg imo. But I don't know about this homeade stuff ur talking about either.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:08 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Yes these are homemade as in fake oxys they are known as. Basically it's a pill with fentyal powder put in it with who knows what else they use for fillers of course only the people manufacturing them would know. And I guess another question I have is yes they don't have me on a high enough size yet so if I was to do fentynal while on suboxen would I get sick or would I just not get high? And I spoke to my doc and they are hoping my dose to 10mgs on Thursday so hopefully that will help with the sore joints and no sleep and with drawl I still feel everyday

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Brut, welcome welcome.

Wow, at first, I thought you meant you made these at home. Glad you explained they were manufactured. China? They love to mess w Americans and put junk and crud in them. These fake pills are full of crud. Who know what's in them? Sure, some opiates -- but which ones? which analogs? and even ones not really known of.... You say fentanyl, but likely could be anything. The fentanyl doses you listed - at the lowest dose, could decease/kill a small continent of elephants. Milligrams or do you mean micrograms? Micrograms is what fentanyl scripts in the USA are stated. Usually, its formulated IV, transmucosal or transdermal bc of higher bioavailability. I wonder if you survived all this time w the pills bc the GI tract has poor bioavailability of fentanyl.

HANG in there w bup. Bup works well getting you off full agonist opiates but who knows what was in your pills? Bup works great, usually fast, but for a few, especially those on longer acting fentanyl and methadone, it can take a more time. Read here and you will learn this and why its longer for these 2. And looks like you need a higher dose. NO, don't go bk out on that fentanyl crud. The bup will block it or it will be crappy crappy and disappointing. This is a recovery site so we look to keep folks in harm reduction and in recovery and you are in the beginning of recovery. BTW, after 8 yrs on opis, you NEED LOTS of time on bup for changing your life stuff so you no longer want that old life. Read lots here - an incredible and great place. Wishing you my best, P
PS Cut all your contacts. And throw out all your DOC. Period