It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, new here, I have a bad back which I used to self medicate with weed. then I got married had kids and went to a doctor, after finally getting a diagnosis I was Given opiods from a pain management place, which I had trouble controlling so they made me switch to fentynal patches, which worked great except that I used the old patch as well, that was at 125mcg. It took 6 months but I was so scared of my old patch use I dropped it and followed doctors orders. Now I am using just the one patch every 48 hrs after going through some pretty bad wd's. I also decided a few months later I no longer want to be on fentynal and have been dropping 25 mcg each month, I was still getting sick from wd's when following docs orders and my back was better. I am now at 75 mcg. My withdrawals seem to come after 20 days and last about a week. At first I didn't think I was going to have wd's from 125 to 100. And it was weird how it took 20 days to hit, but they were relatively mild only on the last day did my legs get bad and only for a few hours. So, now I switch to 50mcg in 10 days and am currently going though mild wd's for the 100 to 75 switch. Had a bad spell where my lips went numb and I got dizzy and thought I was having a stroke, but it seems it was the beginnings of my wd's from 100 to 75. sorry for the long story but I was wondering if switching to sub would be a good idea and when and how do I do it? My doc wants me To keep dropping 25 till I get to 12.5 for a month. My back pain is at the same level at 75 as it was at 125 so I'm good there but if it gets worse I may be stuck, but would still rather not be on fentynal. Any advice or suggestions. I have given in and just want my life back.

Post subject: fent patch trap
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:46 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi Mick, and welcome.
Lot's of folk's have had a bit of trouble going from fent to suboxone, does the Dr know you want to switch?
Your Dr is the place to get some real advice, esp; numbness and dizzy spells, your Dr needs to about that now.
Let us know if you do switch to sub, it maybe real handy info for others down the road.
Good Luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the reply, I did check on hives and it scared the hell out of me. This is the exact reason I need off this med its dangerous and does more harm than good. I'm over the wd's now and the hives are gone. BuT that was nasty. Will talk to doc soon, thanks. At least for now I am dropping off.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Switch to suboxone
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My primary question is when can I switch to suboxone, I think the doc figures the pain will keep me on fent but that's not gonna happen. How low do I need to go on fentynal before I can think of switching over to suboxone and what's the one called without the nalox? Part that blocks opiates? So I don't get precipitated withdrawals? I will talk to doc but as of now the plan is to keep dropping 25mcg. I swear I'm still shaking from the last few days and the idea that an allergic reaction can kill me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Damn this sucks so bad, just when I thought it was over it came back. I put on a new patch a little early cause I thought the one I had on was wet from all my sweating and it was, but it takes up to 12 hours for the new one to kick in. That was my last set of 75, now all I have are my 50's. If I'm okay though thanksgiving ill still drop to 50 although I have been tempted to call and stop dropping for a little while. I don't know so confused.l8r

Post subject: re fent patches
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:05 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi Mick. Hey it doesn't sound like much fun, waiting for the patch to kick in, and I don't know much about patches, tho I've heard some folk smoke, etc,,, the damm things. I'm a bit confused how fent patches work esp; half life factors,and I'm guessing fent is a lot like palfium, in it's effect. So knowing how fucked things get comming off palfium I fully understand what your going thru.
I suppose folk here, can't offer you a solution to off set the taper / start suboxone process, because there is a risk of precip W/D.
If the Dr can switch you to something, pills with a short half life while the fent gets out of your system, then do the suboxone induction, IDK. it's a tough situation.