It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:20 am 

Hello PPain,
Wow your thread sure has grown with great info.

Sorry I missed the dr visit. So..off to the races. Your doing great. Just keep dosing as the hours go by.

And these headaches, well they will slow down over time. I took over the counter meds everyday to dull them.

Congrats and hope it keeps going well for you..

razor....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:38 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for the response. I apologize if if this is the wrong place to sort of do a long journal of my induction but it feels better to type it out, share and get replies.

I am honestly SHOCKED I did not go into PCWs. Considering the high amount/length of Fentanyl I was using and had only taken off my patch roughly 9hrs before, I feel like for most people it would have been a horror story! But everyone is different and as I've mentioned I have genetic/metabolic issues, so in this case I guess that worked in my favor.

It's about 7:30am right now, I've taken my regular meds(gaba, klon) plus some naproxen for the headaches/pains and I'm doing pretty well! I still feel weak and chilled but nothing I can't deal with. I do find myself looking at the clock waiting to take my next dose though hoping to provide more relief.

I will NOT cheat though! 4mgs every 6hrs it will be :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:50 am 

Well I can not explain why but just know that ALL horror stories do not apply to everyone.

Very glad your on track. ..oh and that clock watching mzy disappear too one day.. :D

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just wanted to ask a question. Last night during induction I took a total of 8mgs. Today I've dosed 4mgs twice(8mg total today).

I still feel pretty bad. Severe pain, chills, anxiety, etc. Symptoms of what I know usually as minor to moderate w/d. Is this normal? Has my induction dose been too low?

I think this is probably normal because no doubt fentanyl is still leaving my system and also it will take longer than a 19hrs on Bupe to feel out of w/ds... I think?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:10 pm 

Your "only" 19 hours in it think you said. Just stay on track. 16mgs a day. I believe your fentanyl Is still with you and the switch is On now.
You may wa t to go back and reread what Dr Junig posted to you on the first page of your thread.

You ll be fine fine soon....

Razor.

Sorry so short, im at work ....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you so much for your reply! I just went back and looked at what Dr. J said and he's absolutely right. Both the Fentanyl and Buprenorphine are still competing. So, I'm feeling better, than sick, then better, ect. until the Fentanyl continues to drop and is gone.

Will just keep on trucking on! I'd almost feel 100% if it didn't feel like someone was beating my legs with a bat :lol: It will get better soon I hope!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:31 pm 

Hey PainP,

Like razor said, give the suboxone time to do its magic :) and you'll be feeling better soon. I truly believe u did the right thing switching from fentanyl to sub. Hang in there and good luck!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I appreciate that so much. I hate to even post this because I feel weak but I feel so terrible and have nowhere else to go. I'm in so much pain. My legs and hips hurt so much. I still feel chills and so uncomfortable. I've taken 12mgs so far today.

Don't worry I'm not going back to Fent or any other opiate/opioid but man this is hard. I know my doctor knows what he is doing as far as dosing and scheduling but when I feel like this I irrationally question if I'm taking it right. And I KNOW why I feel like this but again I irrationally want some excuse.

I expected yesterday to this morning to be bad but by now I thought I'd be feeling better.

Just venting :(

Edit: I just put on some Lidoderm patches on my calves and thighs, hopefully they will help a little.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:41 am 

Hey PainP, Hopefully you are sleeping now! I did just want to say hang in there! It will start to get essier soon!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:55 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I wish :). I'm in much less pain and feel quite well but can't sleep. Can't shut off my brain... very anxious and I'm sweating more than usual.

Oh well, I'll trade insomnia for the pain I was in earlier today.

Thanks so much for your care!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:10 am 

So sorry that you are still suffering! I will pray that this all comes to an end for you soon! I will be so happy to see posts from you when you are pain and wd symptom free! Hang in there!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:14 am 

Hey PP,
Sounds to me that your doing great at this point. Congratulations on this switch over. It isnt easy and you have done it!
The fact that your pain has subsided is huge in my eyes. The lack of sleep isnt really unique, you will balance out over time so please dont worry to much about that.

The other simptoms too will fade over time as well. Keep going! :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm shocked you didn't go into PWs.. Fent is so long lasting. My friend has Chronic Pancreatitis and is on the patches and wants off. This is good news.

Suboxone can have a speedy like feel if you take too much or if you're not used to it. That is probably what you're experiencing. It will go away.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for all the care! I felt sick this morning but then started to feel better. By noon I was feeling really well compared to the past days. Then finally fell asleep from 1-5pm and have felt just fine since! No pain or ill feeling, really.

Obviously this could change from hour to hour as the Fent is still competing a little but I'm very happy and hopeful! Talked to my Doc and told me the same thing Dr. J posted on the first page and to give it 5-7 days for the Fent to be all out and to REALLY feel better.

All smiles here though, hope I can sleep tonight!

Thanks everyone!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Painp
I am a chronic pain person also but what I wanted to share was it took me a couple of weeks to feel really ok. I had the speedy feeling and pain in my legs & hips. It went away for me so I am pretty sure within 10 days or so you will feel much better.

Hang in there, you are doing great. Keep posting, venting or asking questions. I also get good pain relief from sub.

IMO, it takes a couple weeks especially switching from fent to sub.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the post! Yeah it will take a while to really feel well. While my pain is pretty bad the worst thing right now is the insomnia. I haven't slept in two days now except the 4hr nap during the day yesterday. I've tried not taking dose in evening, but that didn't help. Severe racing thoughts and anxiety. Hopefully this adjusts soon because I need to sleep.

Aside from pain control, sleep was the other reason I loved my Fentanyl Rx. Slept like a baby every night. I've always had trouble sleeping without some assistance, so this is a little concerning.

I'll keep on trucking along though! I've already seen a vast improvement in my mood and outlook so I'm not giving up on Subs.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:37 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just wanted to give an update on how I'm doing. I felt very well yesterday except some pain in back in legs but used Lidoderm patches and that seemed to help. Since I haven't been sleeping, I took a nap from 2:00pm-6:30pm again. Woke up, ate still felt just fine until my legs and feet started really hurt and spasm BUT (and this is the big thing for me)...

I fell asleep during the night time for the first time! It was only a few hours(my puppy woke me up) but this takes a big weight off my shoulder. I thought there was something going on and was getting scared I would never sleep at night again with the Sub. I've had no problem sleeping during the day(after a dose or not) but could not sleep at night.

So that fear is conquered and I'm going to stay awake all day so hopefully I can sleep a full 6-24 hours later tonight :D

Also... I have emotions again. This of course can be good and bad depending on what one is thinking about but so far my mood has been amazing. I'll break down rarely if I'm watching something sad but that's okay. The fentanyl made me so numb to my pain but also any emotion or feeling. I'm so happy for this transition, let's just hope the pain stays manageable (and I know it will)!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

You are doing great. So glad to see this. The emotions are going to challenge you. I am doing heavy outaptient group and therapy right now to cope with no longer stuffing my feeling . it is helpin . Maybe something to think about....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:59 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks! I just wanted to update and let everyone know how it's going. Today is now 1 week and 1 day since I started my Suboxone. About last Thursday afternoon/Friday I started to feel MUCH better. My pain was minimal (if not gone), my mood was fantastic and I was sleeping again.

It lasted that way until yesterday. After I was awake for a couple hours I noticed my mood was more down and my pain was through the roof. It was at about the level when I was in WDs. I toughed it out, put on Lidoderm patches and just laid in bed. By the evening I felt a little better and actually got the best night of sleep yet.

So, I don't know why exactly a week to the day later, I felt so awful. I hope today is better because for about 4 days I couldn't have been happier. It was amazing how little pain I was in and how positive I was. My anxiety had decreased... I felt like me again.

Let's hope for a great day!

Take care everyone!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:55 am 

Hello PPain,
Having thoses 4 days in perfect condition can give you a point of measurement on the up side. You all ready know what the bottem is too..

Hopefully you ll have more up days than not, but with Buprenorphine and pain you just never know. So many variations and reasons.

So I think your fortunate to know the top and bottom in this today .. :D ..

Glad your doing well and please keeps us updated when possible PP....

RAZOR. ...