It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Feels like a mental fog.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

for those that do not know I jumped like the 17th and have taken .125 on the 19th. .2 on the 21st and i took 1mg on friday and nothing saturday sunday and monday i feel like just mentally dead...heavy and its all i can do to keep myself distracted.....is it just a mental thing? like my mind literally thinks it can not function without the suboxone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:06 pm 

I think that it's an endorphin thing. Suboxone supplied you with synthetic endorphin that made life seem alright. Your body hasn't learned to pick up the slack yet and create your own endorphins. It will learn, but it takes time to transition.

Are you receiving any care from a doctor? Are you able to ask, perhaps, for an anti-depressant to help you until your natural endorphins kick in again?

Amy

Post subject: I am feeling better.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I feel like the mental fog is starting to lift. I am still weak but getting better. I went to the store and i had some energry this morning and just starting getting tired in the past hour or so. I havent taken any sub since NYE I took .5mg....i think spacing it out is helping me to adapt mentally and physically. I am actually hopeful again for the first time in weeks..... Some were saying Lyrica or neurontin helped with the wds....i think and i pray that most of my wd's are gone. (thanks to lots of prayer and keeping my doses spread out. My NY resolution was not another sliver....i feel like i ned to rest. But as long as my mind is engaged i have been doing well.... im not as emotional as i had been either.

Thank You God,

S

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey scorpiot". you jumped at a very low dose' wow. it make's me remind my self that my emotions and every one ell's here on the forum make a lot of comments on how we lost our emotions on soboxone. it's very interesting to no how are brain/minds work. there were times in my life well be for i took suboxone my emotions were a complete down drag'n fog and
depression. it's good to no that i may feel in the fog and lack of emotions and suboxone not all ways the one making me feel this way. i'm saying it was the drugs and alcohol that made it the worst it i believe so. Oh well Kepp trukin scorpiotl- your doing the right thing. johnboy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

why is this thread push'd aside?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:29 pm 

I'm sorry, Johnboy, but what do you mean by "pushed aside". Are you saying that it's being deliberately ignored, or that people just aren't commenting too much on it?

I just want to make sure because I care about what you're feeling. :)

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I didn't comment because I had the opposite feeling. I felt clear for the first time in years. I had the run down, I'm carry a 4x4 truck on my back feeling but as far as mentally, I felt clear. Or maybe that came a little later? I can't remember but either way, you're not alone. A lot of people experience that. I had a really hard time focusing. Have you tried listening to music on an ipod or something? It really helps.

There are so many different phases, hang in there. Try

Post subject: well
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

to be perfectly blunt. I feel like going to sleep and never waking up. I feel like ass. The Lyrica helps with the sleep. But than I feel like I am in a fog. I cant eat it is like taking everything I have to get to the bathroom and take a bath. I am miserable. I started taking 10mg of celexa today but I just would kill for a .2mg sliver of suboxone right now. I have to go back to school and I havent even bought my books. I turned down the jon.

Post subject: its really hard
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

because the weather is so miserable so even if i wanted to i cant go out side and go for a work. I am so anxious that I cant drive alot of the time unless i take 1 mg or 2 of xanax. I was on methadone for 7 and a half years. i think that is why i am having such a mental problem. The suboxone to me was my crutch after my pain management dr prescribed it to get all o the methadone out of my system over the summer. I was so busy with work and school that after 2 months i didnt taper off like i should have and so i was on sub for almost 4 months at between 2-4 mgs a day at the end around 2.5mgs a dayi was only dosing generally once a day but i was taking my dose in the morning like i had done with my methadone. In a way it was like starting my day off like 1 would with coffee or an espresso. I am so anxious but the worst part is not being able to sleep for more than 2 hrs a nite most nights. So its like everyday is 1 big groundhog day they all run together. I think maybe my brain is permantely messed up because until i quit on the 17th of december i had taken methadone suboxone or some type of opiate everyday for over 8 years. I have been praying alot and I have had a few slips with sub since than. But my tolerance has dropped so dramatically that taking .25mg of sub will hold me and get me thru the day. I know I shouldnt be taking any and I wonder if taking the sub on NYE and on Christmas and a few other times during the holidays is setting me back because sub is getting into my system again. B ut I have just been so down and despondant and basically a worthless waster of space. Unless I really force myself most of the days during break have been walking my dog, taking hot baths, watching alot of movies and eating when i can because food tastes so good. I have been craving sub so bad lately. The longest I have made it is 7 days and than I took .5mg on NYE which was amonday i believe and than i didnt take anything until Saturday at 430 am that week because i was supposed to start a new job and i was up all night and was a nervous wreck. I didnt take the job and have been feeling really guilty and antsy since than. But I know if I had taken it at this point in my recovery I would have used it as an excuse to keep taking sub everyday...I took some sub today as well and I took some on Monday(.25mg) when I had alot of errands and stuff to do. This is so hard. I know I have been thru worse wds before but they were always 5-7 days at the most in length. This is 1 big long wd and I have to start school on monday. I dont know if I am going to make it. I will try my hardest but my concentration and comprehension and enrgery level is nonexistant right now. If I have to maybe i will take .2mg slivers every other day or every 3rd day. But I feel like doing that I will just be setting myself up. All i know is I cant live like this anymore. I am going crazy and I am just a mental and phsyical basket case. That first week was hell. Since than every day is like chinease water tortue. I was and am so metally addicted to opiates and now sub. Its likeI was saying I started my day of with coffee and methadone and than sub....I need to be strong. I just wanted to elt everyone know how I am doing. This board has been a life saver for me.
Thank you for listening.
S

Post subject: Johnboy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey, I just figured people had things going on because of the holidays or maybe they were tired of me complaining...lol But I am in no mood or table enough to think clearly. Im an addict so of course alot of the time I think the world revolves around me. But the feedback i have gotten in other posts has kept me going. Amy and a few others Romeo etc. have been very supportive. Sorry I dint respond quicker I took a break from the board for almost a weel because frankly it was depressing me and psyching me out even more. I would love to hear opinons or thoughts from others as well. But honestly because this started on the 17th of december and we are coming up on a month I am wondering if Im going to beat this. I am running out of time and although my tolerance if nothing else has really dropped. It has come at such a high price. If i take .2mg sliver it keeps me going all day and I have slipped and taken sub several times thru this ordeal to at least try to remain sane. But I was taking 2-3mg a day until I stopped. I took 1mg that last day. I usually only dosed once a day and than just have been riding such a tidal wave. I it wasnt for my xanax script i mean i would be in a world far worse probably. I was on a clonodin cataress patch .1mg for the first 2 weeks and I think that dropped me from a 10-8 as far as wds go. But just the sheer duration and than of course coming off a 7 and half year methadone habit before the 4 months of sub has just really rocked my world. I got some phenibut after reading what the DR had to say about it on the site here and I even got some Kratom although I havent used the kratom because i was afraid it would make the wd or the experience worse. I havet taken the Phenibut either but after my lack of sleep flaring up again lately and not wanting to dependent on the lyrica I will probably take the PHENI on Friday to try and get some sleep. My tolerance has gone to the point where instead of taking 2-3 mgs in the morning if it gets really bad if i take .2 or .25 mg slivr I am good for the majority of the day. than I wont take anything for severl days.....But the first week was literally hell on earth especially days 5-8 I will never forget that as long as I live...

God Bless and thank you for responding to my post
Scorp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It sounds like depression. Brain fog is a normal symptom of depression, and depression is pretty normal once you get your Sub dose down low.

Just know that once you detox, the brain fog will eventually lift. The only exception is if you used opioids to medicate depression from before your addiction. If that's the case, you may need to treat your depression.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I started using the when I got yet and also for anxiety and to alleviate depression. That was 12 years ago. So I'm guessing I should start an antidepressant. Because I keep hitting a wall regarding energy level and depression. I have dramatically lowered my tolerance 3 weeks ago .25 wouldn't have touched me now of I take .25 it will last me all day Ltjouhh I try to skip as man days as possible be Whse that first week was so bad

Post subject: the good fight
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey there scorp, you are doing well, remember that, even tho you slip here and there, your still on the road of recovery, and your mind will be influenced by thought patterns that suck you back to the same o'l, same o'l situation. Reseting your life is a pretty big deal, and getting rid of old habits takes time, being too critical and worried doesn't help, better to learn relaxation and meditation techniques instead.
Take it easy.

Post subject: Mental Fog
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:53 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Scorpio,

I wanted to comment, I am feeling exactly what you are talking about. My last dose of sub was on Dec 11th. I had tapered down from 32mg for eight year. So I jumped from 2mg. Yes it was agony even with the w/d meds. At first emotionally I felt like I actually had lost my soul and would never be able to feel anything but empty. That did slowly get better. I am right at one month right now. I still have a bit of mental fog going on. I was supposed to go back to classes this week online, I tried starting them but I could not comprehend the reading and it was like suddenly I was really stupid LOL. So I am trying to wait four more weeks and start again on the second term start, hopefully I will be a bit better then.

It is scary and made me feel hopeless for a bit but is slowly getting better. Keep posting, that really helped me and still does, just knowing that someonw does understand what you are feeling, those who have not been through this cannot understand no matter how much they may try.

I live in FL and it has been nice enough out to walk and enjoy the sunshine. So if you can try to some exercise, I am pushing myself to do it although it is really tough.

Cam

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I got this supplement phenibut. I know you are supposed to only use it two days a week. I just got it yesterday and this stuff is amazing for mood. Anyway I am just depressed because I havent beaten this yet. I still am weak and tired and my legs ache every morning. i cant focus....anyway I dunno if i am going to make it. I got my tolerance down to .25-.375...from 2 mg just 3 weeks at this time. But my motivation my focus my whole world is awash with a flood of emotions. Its like the Sub is my anchor....I dont know that I can give it up just yet. I havent dosed today but it is all i can think about...its like an obsession that doesnt go away until i dose. I never should have got on the methadone....I really think Iscrewed myself up permanently...I got on sub last august. All my motivation came back I became a different man.....But maybe I have just been doing this because she wants me off. I mean i want it too but I dont think I can cope with life like this right now. It is all just too much...
S

Post subject: Coping
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:58 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Scorpio,

I am feeling the same way, not sure I can do this at all. I am trying so hard to fight it and just do things. I went our with my daughter and her friend today, just to get out, window shop, have some time to hang. I laughed a few a good times, but by the time we got home I was miserable having aches, severe fatigue etc. I had a meltdown, laid down and just cried for a while. I took some meds and was able to sleep for a couple hours. Its just awful, I feel useless. I am not working right now and supposed to be taking the rest of my college classes, I am five classes from being done and I cannot even concentrate enough to do that. I keep thinking what if I stay this way for months, what the hell can I do. Right now I am waiting till Febuary, I guess and going to see how I feel then, I am taking supplements too that are supposed to help, doing acupuncture and exercise, I cannot fell a difference yet other than I might a couple hours in the morning where I can do a load a cloths and make something to eat, then I am down for the count again. This so sucks, I had no idea it would be this bad after the acute wd. I am sure everyone is also tired of hearing me complain too, I just have no positive feelings to put down right now, this whole thing sucks and I am not happy about anything. I may go inpatient soon if my mood does not change.
Cam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Be careful of phenibut. I had a friend who used it to help detox off GHB ... and she was really sick coming off it. It's no miracle cure, and can cause dependence in itself.

Post subject: Cam Inpatient
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey, I went to a detox place on New Years Eve to be evaluated. They told me that i should have tapered from the suboxone. So I was like inpatient? It sounded like they were going to use suboxone to take me off of suboxone....i dunno i didnt stick around after the evaluation. I was like I can do that myself I just want off..

Post subject: Impatient Detox
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:23 pm 

Yes Scorpiotl, they do use Suboxone for detox off of full agonists. (my brother just went through one) There isn't a facility open yet that I've heard of that treats Suboxone detox as their specialty. Most would say "yes we do", but then make you go cold turkey or maybe a fast taper done by them.

Some day there might be such a place if doctors can figure out the best way to treat us without so much discomfort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Scorp and Cammie,

I'm sorry you guys are feeling so shit, I know the feeling well. You guys have to be wondering if you'll ever feel normal again and I was in the exact same boat you two are. I was convinced that I had permantently screwed myself by abusing drugs for so long, I had pretty much given up hope of ever feeling decent again, but at the same time, I refused to give up.

I knew from reading other opiate recovery stories that it can take up to a year to feel better and I just kept on hanging on and hanging on. After a month or two had passed, I had come so damn far, there was no way in hell I was going backwards. I wasn't feeling very good after after a couple of months, but I was feeling a whole lot better than I was during the first week or two of wd. Understanding that I was getting better, even if it was only a little bit, helped me keep the faith.

I know it's extremely hard to think about how far you've come when you're obsessing about how shitty you feel. I know this. I've been there, done that, got the T-Shirt. Somehow, you guys have to spend more time keeping your minds busy and somehow you guys are going to have to start believing that you will feel better.

Force yourself to go out and do things. I know it's uncomfortable, I know you don't want to, but it will help.

Through my entire wd it always amazed me how my brain was basically telling me to hole up and not do shit, but when I did go out and do stuff, even when I didn't want to, I always felt better.