It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

My friend "J" had one of the many predicimants we sometimes find ourselves in. J got a script of 12- 8/2 mg tablets, a 2 week supply. J has V.T medicaid. J went to walgreens to fill his script and, you guessed it, prior authorization required! So J paid for one tablet with cash a kick in the nuts price of $15.09. The next day he ended up with another iick in the nuts, authorization denied! VT will only cover films it seems. So the doc gave him a script for films at which could not be used because he had an open script already. The price for the remaining tabs was $106.00. J is on disability and a very fixed income so he could not afford it. He was going to everyone he could think of trying to sell whatever he could, his tattoo equip and other shit, to raise the $106. He made the wise choice of seeing my wife first. They picked me up from work and i went to walgreens with him. I showed him the goodrx things on my phone and showed it to the walgreens pharm tech. That brought the price down to $48.00, which i paid for him. He was grateful and gave some tattoo stuff to my tattoo artist of a wife, despite us bpth saying he didnt have to, just prpmise to stay on the subs and off the smack. It feels so good to help people like that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That was nice of you!

The tabs---- $15 for one tab? Really? They are around 5-6 bucks here.

Those coupon cards--- I've been surprised at the value some of them provide. I'm not sure how they work---- i.e. who is making money in the whole thing. I assume that the card shifts purchases through a specific distributor, who gets volume discounts on the meds?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:04 pm 

Good for you! It does feel GREAT to pay it forward and help others where we can. When someone is on such a fixed income, paying out of pocket for extras is sometimes impossible. You made it so that J didn't have to make a decision between something like food and medicine. You get an A+ in my book!

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I thought it was a bit on the high side, but EVERYTHING is crazy expensive around here (West Lebanon, NH- great place to raise children so worth every expensive cent). Plus they really sock it to ya if you only buy one.
This buddy of mine, i dont think hed ever had an honest friend in his life until my wife and I. It took me a half an hour to get through to him that i wanted nothing in return and to just pay me back when (if ever) he could reasonably afford to. He krpt trying to offer me one of his 11 subs and i had to give him the whole diversion/risk of becoming schedule 2 speech. Plus i get 240 2mgs a month so even if i wasnt VERY VERY anti sub diversion, it would make no sense to help him if i was gonna make his supply smaller. It would do me no good. The guy is kinda new to sub and im his (as well as a good % of people in the area) go to guy for any suboxone info.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:45 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That's awesome. I hope the pharmacy wasn't too uppity with him but I guess as long as they accepted the coupon without a lotta debate they weren't too bad, just strictly by the book? Good for you for helping out someone who would've otherwise suffered. The guy sounds like a big ol sweetheart lol