It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Feeling Human -- Day 33
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Today is the FIRST day I woke up feeling NO effects of the WDs. The only complaint I have is a coincidental sinus infection and stomach issue--but it doesnt feel connected to the struggle of the last month. Around 3:00 in the afternoon I felt tired--but not drained. I dont know if I am out of the woods yet--but it feels good to feel normal. I'm sure I have a few more steps to take--but I believe I am coming out of the tunnel. I'm not bragging--I want to encourage anyone readign this that you can make it. Right or wrong, good or bad--I jumped cold at a pretty high dose--8mgs a day/2 years. I didnt have a choice in the matter. I had to jumo. But looking back over the past month--I'm glad I did. I would NEVER have tapered. lol I would ALWAYS go back to max dosage. So for me jumping hard was the best option. I never did any exercise--which probably prolonged it--but I just was not in the frame of mind or body to do that. Find what works for you and commit, commit, commit. My prayers go out to anyone who is on this journey. You are all FIERCE because you have made a decision to get your life together. SO stay fierce and stay true. Your family, friends, and self-respect are worth a brief season of discomfort. And believe me--if I can do this--anyone can.

brian

PS--I plan on sticking around because for all I know tomorrow things will fo south again, lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome back to feeling human again!!! I know when people quit Suboxone, it sometimes takes a while to feel human again because of the wd. Feeling "human" again is a huge milestone in your wd Bud.

You are an absolute warrior Brian, don't ever forget that!!

Please, stay strong against opiates, it only takes a momentary lapse of reason to go back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Romeo--
Hey my friend. Thanks for the words. Yeah--feeling human is a HUGE step! I know I have a ways to go before I am 100% but I am not looking back. And I have NO desire for opiates anymore. I know we addicts can fool ourselves but I feel really committed and forward moving. I never want to go through this again. More importantly--I dont want to put my family through this again. Thanks for all your words along the way. You have been a life saver through the harshest days. My word of advice is this. Dont be afaird of the pain of WDs. I have found that no matter how much you taper--there will be some form of WDs. Its going to suck. Maybe tapering helps. But just get ticked at the pain andpush through to freedom. Thanks Romeo--you are a rock! And you rock! lol

brian

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:03 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Wow, congrats Brian! Today is day 21 sub free here. I tapered slowly over 10 months or so down to practically nothing (under .25 mg) Jumping @ 8mg I can't even imagine :shock: Good for you :o That is such an accomplishment!

Reading your post actually makes me feel optimistic.My days are so different each day it's messing with me. This past week strangely enough has been extrta rough. Bad stomach problems :cry: and the sinus problems :/ kinda been feeling like i'm in w/d a few times through the day. Hoping it will pass soon. It's like a roller coaster right now :roll:

Keep up the fight and stay strong!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Miss SD--
You're doing great! By day 21 I was through the worst of it--though at the time i didnt realize it. But looking back I see that that was the point where I began seeing some differences. My sleep issues continued--and I still wake up early GRRR But as far as symptoms--my main complaint was up and down feelings of being drained. You are pushing through so dont look back. Some day you'll be glad you did. Keep it up!

brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

brian__TX wrote:
Romeo--
Hey my friend. Thanks for the words. Yeah--feeling human is a HUGE step! I know I have a ways to go before I am 100% but I am not looking back. And I have NO desire for opiates anymore. I know we addicts can fool ourselves but I feel really committed and forward moving. I never want to go through this again. More importantly--I dont want to put my family through this again. Thanks for all your words along the way. You have been a life saver through the harshest days. My word of advice is this. Dont be afaird of the pain of WDs. I have found that no matter how much you taper--there will be some form of WDs. Its going to suck. Maybe tapering helps. But just get ticked at the pain andpush through to freedom. Thanks Romeo--you are a rock! And you rock! lol

brian

You don't have the ever go through it again. Just try your best to remember how tough it was to get the where you are now! Imagine how you'd feel inside if you had to go through it alllll over again.....YUCK! I wish I could just not be afraid of the pain of w/d. It sounds so easy....but it's not.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:15 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Ladder--
At some point you will be ready and you will make it. Everyone is different--that is one thing I have learned on this site. I was forced into my situation and rode out the storm. But the thing that kept me from going back to the doc for more Subs ws that I was at a point where I would rather go through a few days of discomfort than throw my money away and--everything else. At some point something inside you will click--and off you'll go. Just wait for that time. And when it comes--you wont be afraid anymore because your resolve will kick your fear of WDs to the curb. Take care and good luck!

brian