It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So as I posted I was switched to generic subutex and to my surprise seem to be feeling better and getting better pain relief. I don't understand why and would say it was in my head except that I expected it not to work as good. For one I was switching from film to tabs and thought I would not get as good absorbtion and two I got the roxanne version and read some negative posts about it. So the only conclusion I can come to is that for me at least not having the naloxone is making a difference. My hands aren't aching and going numb anymore. I am not swollen and as bloated feeling. I also have noticed my pain level is down and my head actually feels clearer. I hope this is the way it is going to be from now on and not just some coincidental good period. Has anyone else switched from suboxone to bup and noticed a change? Even if you switched and noticed no change I would like to hear your experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I haven't made the switch, but I just wanted to chime in and say I'm glad you feel better on the generic bupe. It could just be that you had a worse reaction to the naloxone that most people and more than even you were aware of. Bottom line is some people are a bit more sensitive to it than others. Regardless of why, it's great that you feel better!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've switched to the exact same thing.Its been 3 wks and I still have the joint pain and swelling in my fingers.Its eased *a little*.I dont know what to do at this point.As I type my hands feel like wood.I cant make a fist,too swollen.I will see what happens over the next mo.I am going to get the name brand Subutex.The generic pills taste awful(like aspirin) and take way too long to dissolve.They are also hard to cut for taper purposes.Glad your joints are better!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Another thing I noticed is that my craving for sweets has lessened. Since starting sub I had intense cravings for sweets, so much so that regular food was hard to get down and i was basically living off cocoa krispies. A few days after switching I began having a normal appetite and am enjoying real meals again. I still have a sweet tooth at times but not near as extreme as when I was on suboxone. My sweating has decreased as well. It's all just so weird to me because I didn't think the naloxone was having an effect on me besides occasional nausea. I wonder how many other people would feel better on just bup. It makes me angry that most people will never get the chance to switch and see if they feel better without the naloxone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Breezy,

I'm glad you were able to get on Subutex AND that it's been working so well for you. That's excellent news!!

I know my pharmacy once gave me Subutex instead of Suboxone by mistake and that Subutex hit me like a 2 by 4!! It was so dang strong, I ended up calling the pharmacy and asking them to please take it back and give me Suboxone.

Anyway, I'm just glad to hear so many of your symptoms have improved. YAY you!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That is good news!

I wonder why this change has made this big of difference but your body is telling you something and it is saying don’t go back on suboxone lol. It could be a head thing or it could be like hat said your body reacting to nalaxone in a negative way but that is weird because you really don’t get that much of the medication from how suboxone is taken I thought? But at the end of the day all that matters is you are doing better so don’t look to much into it and continue doing well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, its great! Like I said I would totally say it was a placebo effect if it wasn't for the fact that I was really expecting the opposite. I thought I wasn't gonna get as good absorbtion and honestly expected to feel a bit bad until I stabilized. Who knows I just hope it keeps up!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:58 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Breezy_Ann wrote:
So as I posted I was switched to generic subutex and to my surprise seem to be feeling better and getting better pain relief. I don't understand why and would say it was in my head except that I expected it not to work as good. For one I was switching from film to tabs and thought I would not get as good absorbtion and two I got the roxanne version and read some negative posts about it. So the only conclusion I can come to is that for me at least not having the naloxone is making a difference. My hands aren't aching and going numb anymore. I am not swollen and as bloated feeling. I also have noticed my pain level is down and my head actually feels clearer. I hope this is the way it is going to be from now on and not just some coincidental good period. Has anyone else switched from suboxone to bup and noticed a change? Even if you switched and noticed no change I would like to hear your experience.

I ALSO CHANGED FROM SUBOXONE TO SUBUTEX. I WAS ON SUBOXONE FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND KNEW NOTHING ABOUT SUBUTEX. THAT DOCTOR MADE ME GET OFF THE SUBOXONE. I FOUND ANOTHER DR. WHO INDUCTED ME ON SUBUTEX AND I FELT SO MUCH BETTER. I ASKED FOR THE SUBUTEX AND IT WAS NO PROBLEM. I TAKE 16MG. DAILY. I ALSO TAKE THE GENERIC ROXANE MED. I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT. IT COSTS ME $10.00 FOR A BOTTLE OF 60--8MG. TABS.
(WITH MY INSURANCE CARD). IT MAY BE ALL IN MY MIND, BUT I JUST THINK SUBUTEX WORKS BETTER THAN SUBOXONE.

I ALSO TRIED THE REAL THING...SUBUTEX AT FIRST , NOT TRUSTING A GENERIC...IT WAS HARD TO DISSOLVE IN MY MOUTH..AND DIDN'T SEEM TO WORK NEARLY AS WELL AS THESE GENERIC'S BY ROXANNE. IT WAS ALSO $98 ON MY INS.

JUST MY EXPERIENCE.......JUDY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:09 pm 
I was switched a month ago from Suboxone to the Roxane generics too (2 mg pills).

I'm on 1.25/day, so it is harder to measure out the .25. Otherwise, I feel the same. I think I have been feeling a little bit better mentally on these. I bet some of the improvements that we feel could be placebo, but I doubt the problems in your hands going away is placebo.

Naloxone is supposed to be eliminated by first-pass metabolism. I personally have a thyroid condition and don't believe my metabolism was eliminating all of the naloxone..

Subutex ftw. It is really sad that some doctors continue to insist on prescribing the shitty, expensive brand name Suboxone and nothing else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I too am on the Roxanne brand and have no complaints. I was doing a little reading about naloxone last night and found that side effects from it include swelling, achy joints, numbness and/or tingling in your hands & feet and sweating. All of these things I had prior on suboxone and have noticed a big improvement since switching. It really shocked me because everything they listed described me to a t. I do not think the naloxone is eliminated and if so then why switch pregnant women? I too have some thyroid issues so maybe that's why. It is bull that we are forced to take an extra med we do not need and have to pay much higher prices for. I am very happy my Dr. isn't one of the kool-aid drinking sub docs I read about far too often.