It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey everyone!

I had my appointment today with my dr because I was having trouble with how fast they were tapering me. They were awesome! I told her that I had been taking 10-12 mg a day (truthfully depending on how early I am waking up as my kids are going through a lets torture mommy phase and wake up at 5 am) and that the last appointment, the dr. had written me for 8 mg a day. I told her that I did not want to taper that quickly being its still my first month back on the subutex and she was very understanding and supportive, still saying she has a great feeling that I am going to succeed due to my attitude! They put me on 12 mg a day with the tentative goal of dropping to 8 mg at my next visit in 2 weeks. I have no problem standing up for myself and sharing my thoughts on my own care, and happen to have a great center run by 4 caring doctors who support my decision to remain on subutex (low dose) long term! Thanks to the tips you have given me, I AM getting better absorption and am not eating or drinking for a good 15 minutes afterward - Thanks! If there is anything i can do for any of you with feeling better emotionally, becoming at peace with your decision, how to shut people up who give unwanted opinions etc... please reach out and i will help you any way I can!

MW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good 4 you. I wish I was as good at that as you are.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Jackcrack,

I assume you mean you wish you were better at being an advocate for yourself... I can certainly guide you and give you words to use when you feel yourself getting flustered or ashamed of yourself, then feeling you deserve to get dumped on... You do not, and learning to take care of yourself starts with liking yourself. sounds hokey, but its true. people will judge you and give you a hard time on a multitude of issues, but you probably dont realize half of them because they are things that YOU feel secure about. What you are wearing, who you date, your religion, car choice, career path etc... if you chose to buy a honda and went home to your family all excited and told them you bought a Honda, and you really loved it, felt it was a great choice and they said to you... "Tsk Tsk Tsk, what an idiot, you should have bought a toyota, its a much better value", you would not care as much because you are happy with your choice. Get it? I know that analogy was on a much smaller scale, but being comfortable with being on sub, being addicted to opiates and what kind of treatment you deserve from people starts within you. Hope that got you thinking in a different way!

MW