It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey, everyone! Skayda here again! My next question for ya'll is:

What is your current favourite TV show?

You can put several down if, like me, you just can't pick a favourite and cable shows counts. lol.

Currently, my favorites are:

The Colony I just finished watching the entire first season of this and the first episode of the second season is on TONIGHT! Yay! On the Discovery Channel. At ten.

True Blood I've been reading the books and I'm almost through with book ten of the series. I know that book eleven has come out already and I will need to get that one. I'll probably end up getting it as an e-book or audio book for my ipod.

Grey's Anatomy

Private Practice Which is a spin-off of "Grey's Anatomy".

House, MD

Mercy

Okay I should just stop right here. I will just end up naming off every single medical drama/comedy, (Yay Scrubs!), that's been on TV. I've always loved those shows. I like the excitement that happens during an emergency and the drama of the personal relationships between staff and patients and just everything about those shows keeps me on the edge of my seat both physically and emotionally while watching.

That said, I'm also a sucker for some reality shows. Even the ones I know aren't as real as they'd like us to believe.

Wife Swap and Trading Spouses are two of my favorites.

Lets see, I also love some of the cable dramas like

Big Love, Weeds, Hung and The United States of Tara.

As a sort of P.S. to this post here's another question:

Do you have a facebook account and if so do you play Farmville? Or any of the other Facebook games?

Here is a follow-up question:

[/b]Have you ever come close to being addicted to Farmville? (or any online game)? How could you tell and what did you do about it?[b]

I am thinking of my mother as I write about the Facebook question. She is in recovery for opiates and on suboxone just like I am. She got a Facebook account and learned about Farmville and now we don't hear from her for days on end other than to call us up asking us to do stuff for her farm; send her presents, fertilizer her crops for her, etc. I'm not pointing any fingers or anything because that same finger would then need to be directed at myself because I, too, indulge those games probably way too much to be healthy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:06 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Top ten (not in this order)

true blood
intervention
Steven hawking on the science Chanel
through the worm hole with Morgan Freeman
the simpsons
futurama
Howard TV (I can't survive without stern in the morning)
hell's kitchen
lost (not any more)
finally the great "three stooges" classic

if all else fails The Golf Chanel - any show

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I love "Futurama" and "The Simpsons". Also I like "King of the Hill". Oh, I am catching up on old "House MD" reruns and I just got through watching episode 11, from season 3 where House goes into rehab and they give him suboxone and then they show him getting sick in a toilet and saying negative things about Suboxone. I'm thinking that the producers of that show don't understand how Suboxone works quite as well as they might think. Earlier in the episode House got a script of Vicodin from Cuddy and then, they show up riding up the elevator to check himself into rehab. The way they have it time-lined you can tell all of this takes place in one day. Well, actually two days because he said during his visit with his staff in the rehab center that the night before he'd soiled his underwear detoxing. Next he's about to go to group, he's in group, and then in bed. Clearly, a full day has taken place. They show him being offered his nightly meds and he just tips the med cup and swallows the medication. The next time we see House he's bent over a toilet calling Suboxone bad names.

1. House obviously still had opiates in his system. Even though he'd been at the rehab place for a day or two, I believe.
2. House swallowed the Suboxone rather than putting under his tongue to dissolve.
3. He was sick because he'd put himself into withdrawals due to point number one.
4. I have way to much time on my hands. lol.
and lastly, number 5. I need to actually finish watching the episode to find out if he stays on the Suboxone, (and someone teaches him how to take it right, or what.)

Yeah, I know House isn't one of the shows you mentioned. Just consider this me taking to myself. Oh, and "True Blood" yay! I finished all the books and have the fourth disk for the second season to watch with my boyfriend when he gets home from work. I've actually already seen all the "True Blood" episodes but I like to re-watch them with my boyfriend as a kind of quality time spend with him.

I like watching "Intervention" too, but I've missed a lot of episodes. The last one I saw was "Andrew". I felt so bad for him and his family. Especially his gambling addict Dad who didn't think he had a problem, either. :(

I am highly anticipating the new episode of "The Colony" which will be on the Discovery Channel on Tuesday night at 10pm and now I sound like a TV ad. lol.

later!

P.S. I just finished the episode...spoiler alert: The meds guy in the rehab was slipping House lortab instead of Suboxone the whole time he was in there. Which explains why he was just swallowing it. Hmm. I wonder if House gets serious about recovery in later episodes. I'll just have to keep watching until I'm all caught up.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:51 am 
New Poster
New Poster

My favourite TV Shows are here: 1.Modern Family. 2.Mad Men. 3.Glee. 4.Family Guy. 5.Amazing Race.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PlazzaKom wrote:
My favourite TV Shows are here: 1.Modern Family. 2.Mad Men. 3.Glee. 4.Family Guy. 5.Amazing Race.

K, here's my guilty pleasures:

Most Eligible Dallas

Jersey Shore..... (I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!)

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Real Housewives of N.J.

Teen Mom

Sister Wives

laddertipper :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ah, cable TV, my eyes would glaze over and I'd probably fall into a coma without it.

My guilty TV pleasures include of course a soap opera - Days of Our Lives! Now that's a guilty pleasure. Others include Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, House, most anything on Turner Classic Movies (TCM), and The Killing (did anyone watch that?), to name a few. I also watch those real-life crime shows like "The First 48" and other such shows.

I watch WAY too much damn TV! But I was raised in the 70's, what do ya expect?

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hatmaker510 wrote:
Ah, cable TV, my eyes would glaze over and I'd probably fall into a coma without it.

My guilty TV pleasures include of course a soap opera - Days of Our Lives! Now that's a guilty pleasure. Others include Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, House, most anything on Turner Classic Movies (TCM), and The Killing (did anyone watch that?), to name a few. I also watch those real-life crime shows like "The First 48" and other such shows.

I watch WAY too much damn TV! But I was raised in the 70's, what do ya expect?

I used to be a Days addict! However, that was back in the days of Bo and Hope....Bo and Carly....Jack and Jennifer. Remember those people? My crush on Peter Reckell was horrible....lol.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ladder - Bo and Hope are still on it and still together. They recently brought Jennifer back and Jack just came back yesterday! So did Marlena, John, Austin, and Carrie. Oh, and Carly is in rehab for ... wait for it... prescription medication addiction (they never specified)!

You should check it out again. Oh and they finally killed off old lady Alice last year. LOL. I swear that woman was 100 years old!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hatmaker510 wrote:
Ladder - Bo and Hope are still on it and still together. They recently brought Jennifer back and Jack just came back yesterday! So did Marlena, John, Austin, and Carrie. Oh, and Carly is in rehab for ... wait for it... prescription medication addiction (they never specified)!

You should check it out again. Oh and they finally killed off old lady Alice last year. LOL. I swear that woman was 100 years old!

LOL! Are you serious? What are Roman and Isabella? :D

See, that is what is so cool about soaps. You can not watch them for years and years and then you turn it back on and there's the same couples!

Who plays Carly now? Is it Crystal Chappel? She was in my acting class when I was little and I thought she walked on water.....

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh, Isabella's long dead and gone! (That's Brady's mom and John's former wife, I thought.) Sami Brady (same actress) has an AWESOME husband - finally. Oh and yes, Carly is played by the same actress. Earlier this year, Hope and Bo split up for awhile and Bo and Carly got back together. This, of course, was after Carly killed her husband Lawrence Alamain. They also killed off Mickey Horton about a year or less ago, but Maggie (same actress) is still around. Guess who she's romantically involved with now? Victor Kiriakis. I know, crazy.

I could go on and on, but I'll spare the other members the torture! Enjoy, ladder, it's only a short little hour of fun for yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I thought I was the only one who had the dirty little secret of being a days fan. Lately I haven't had time due to my rug rats so I appreciate the update. I have only missed like a month, they brought back a bunch of people in that time! I wonder what will happen to Jennifer and Daniel now that Jack's back. Damn soaps can never let happy couples be!

I used to watch a lot of tv but these days I only can make time for a few, Teen Mom, Sons of Anarchy, Supernatural, Modern Family and Dexter. Most of the time I miss them and rely on my hubby for updates. Except Teen Mom I always find time for that eventually. I still have the last two in my DVR, I better get on it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Lost
Deadwood
Justified
Futurama
The Good Wife
Scrubs
30 Rock
Boardwalk Empire