It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:44 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I just re-read all the posts on this thread and want to say "thank you" again to everyone who has posted.

I've been doing a little better, though I still struggle with the fantasizing at night. It's not nearly as intense as it was when I first posted on it, but it hasn't resolved by any means. And I still wake a couple of times during the night, often times with the desire to use. But, I haven't. Today, I celebrate 2 months since my last relapse and, so far, it's a good day.

I know that I haven't been reading or posting much. Summer is a busy time for me. That makes me appreciate even more that I can come here and know that there are faithful posters who (despite my sporadic appearances) are willing to hear me and to help in any way that they can.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:19 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi Christin,

I just read this whole thread and I really want to thank you for posting this. I have felt the same way for a very long time and relapsed over and over when I first got on Sub. The main reason Sub did not work for me in the beginning was mostly because I belonged to another forum that insisted that I only use Sub for a short term 21 day detox. So, I did that twice and relapsed within weeks of finishing the detox.

I still to this day have cravings for my DOC and have been tested many times in these last few weeks and have actually on several occaisions even had my DOC in my hands. I did want them, and was physically ill just seeing them, but somehow, with a lot of help from people on this forum, managed to get through each situation without using. I KNOW if I start using again, that it will kill me. I KNOW that I do not have another recovery in me.

I think though what helps me the most when I get these cravings is "playing the tape through to the end", and I know if I pick up again and start using that I may not ever be able to stop. Addiction has already robbed me of so much and the guilt and shame of what I did to myself, my family and friends can be so overwhelming at times, that I cannot stand to be in my own skin. So for me, I just think of what I have already lost and is 'one last high' worth losing that all again and probably more.

Congratulations on two months, that is AWESOME! It does get easier once you realize that life without pills can be good, actually can be awesome. It is a lifetime disease though, and I know that I can never put my guard down, not ever!
I am glad that you are doing better, and I just want to thank you again for starting this thread. It has helped me a lot and I am sure that there are many other lurkers out there that you have also helped by psoting this.

We will always be here for you, when you need some support and I am so glad that you dropped in and posted to let us know how you are doing. I wish you all the best in recovery!

Ginger