It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:23 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Dear friends :D :? :shock:

I think I'm becoming a bit complacent with regard to the WDs when I finally do jump. I am aware of this two-mindedness, hence this post for some advice.

What's happened is: for reasons beyond my control, I've had to taper quite quickly. I was on 6mg for a few weeks, then briefly 8mg (2 days - don't ask), then straight to 4mg for 4 days, 2mg for 4 days, and I'm on day 3 of 1 mg now.

What's been happening is 48 hours after the change in feel mildly iffy...nothing really. I take a 25 microgram Clonidine then I'm fine.

I have something on on the 9th that I need to be straight-ish for.

Now, I'm thinking that the drops are having such a mild effect on me that I will be able to jump tomorrow from 1mg and it won't be that bad? I will be over the worst by the 9th?

Or...I drop tomorrow to 0.50mg as I had planned and carry that on dose until the tenth and jump then.

Bearing in mind I am GAGGING to get off soon as, so if it's possible earlier I'm all for it BUT I'm not daft, I'm aware that tapering may well be a walk in the park compared to the real deal!

I've been on Subutex for about six and a half months.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:04 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Or...Or...

Stop tomorrow, and if it is beyond evil and dragging on, nip back on at say, 0.25mg for the 9th, then either stay on that for a while ,or jump back off again.

Yeah, I like the sound of that. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kanzeon wrote:
Or...Or...

Stop tomorrow, and if it is beyond evil and dragging on, nip back on at say, 0.25mg for the 9th, then either stay on that for a while ,or jump back off again.

Yeah, I like the sound of that. :shock:

IMO Kanzeon only you can say for sure what is best for you. Personally, I am SO happy I jumped earlier rather than later. If you feel ready, I say "go for it". Be ready to be uncomfortable for a few days, but it is totally manageable. I think by the 9th you won't want to lose what you have gained. You may not be feeling "fantastic", but I believe you will definitely be able to function rather "normally".
Also, for me, having "extra" sub around after I jumped was just playing games with my mind. If you are REALLY ready to jump, and don't think you will resort to pills or something more dangerous than the subs, I suggest you get rid of any "extra".
But like I said, only YOU can say what will work for you.
Good luck, and keep us posted!
:D BF

PS. (Jump, jump, jump! ha ha- jk! Do what you feel is best! :D )

Mahatma Gandhi

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Doing 'what you feel is good for you' is great advice. But if you're serious about getting clean, thinking about needing to be 'straight' for something a couple weeks down the road can be pretty dodgy.

How about just being however you are, and making the best of it?

One of the worst times I had during my taper was at around 1 mg/day, and because I was feeling especially 'off' and had something I thought was important later that day, I took a tiny sliver (maybe about .25 mg). Doing this is part of the 'taper protocol,' and it made me feel fine physically, but it really messed with my head.

-- ji

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:29 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yaaay Fluttery-peep!
I'm so jumpy I've got springs in ma shoes! I thought the wise would say "Nyuf, nyuf, Mr Kanzeon McIdiot, take your medicine and go to bed, you naughty hooligan!"

HA! That's all I needed! Thanks for giving me the green light. Now if I shit the hammock I can blame you 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

johnny_ikon wrote:
Doing 'what you feel is good for you' is great advice. But if you're serious about getting clean, thinking about needing to be 'straight' for something a couple weeks down the road can be pretty dodgy.

How about just being however you are, and making the best of it?

One of the worst times I had during my taper was at around 1 mg/day, and because I was feeling especially 'off' and had something I thought was important later that day, I took a tiny sliver (maybe about .25 mg). Doing this is part of the 'taper protocol,' and it made me feel fine physically, but it really messed with my head.

-- ji

So am I right in thinking you advise not to go back on once I've stopped? Just do the best I can - as long as I'm not bed-bound, for example.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Kanzeon, it's very unlikely that you'll be laid up in bed on a Subs detox, though I know we build up all kinds of fears about the jump. Once I actually made my jump, it got pretty simple, just living one day at a time as I got better (and it was never that bad).

I think if you hold on to the option of taking more Subs after your jump, you're just playing games with your own head, which will make it tougher. If you're committed to getting clean, you'll be fine. If you're not committed, then I think you need to ask yourself why you're getting off Subs.

-- ji

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Gotcha. No just this thing on the ninth is really important, but thinking about it, getting off this stuff ten days earlier is way more important. And I'm going to flush any leftovers. New life.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:51 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

And thanks guys! This site has been great - appreciate the advice.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good for you Kanz! Sounds like you are "ready"! Stay strong! Your freedom is worth the fight! I'll "be here" to support you (as I'm sure will others like JI, Romeo, Trainer, the awesome mods, etc,) and hey, you just may "shit the hammock" a bit- hahaha- but don't blame me! Blame the poison (subs) leaving your system and save the memory as a "drug deterent" for future use!
Here you go!! Good luck! :)
Bf

Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by ButterFLYING! on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good for you, Kanzeon. By day 10 you should be fine, just be sure to take sleep seriously right from the start, Clonidine or Vicks Nyquil are good. Also, exercise, diet and supplements are important.

-- ji

Kanzeon wrote:
Gotcha. No just this thing on the ninth is really important, but thinking about it, getting off this stuff ten days earlier is way more important. And I'm going to flush any leftovers. New life.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks!!
Defo Decided that today was my last Sub. I'm all set. :twisted: :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:46 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

kick ass, you got this, keep posting it will all be a bad dream over in no time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kanzeon wrote:
Thanks!!
Defo Decided that today was my last Sub. I'm all set. :twisted: :shock:

Yay!! (Sorry for all the type errors in earlier post- they have now been fixed- I'm posting on the run today! :D )
You will be just fine, and in a few short days you will be looking back with great gratitude at your brave decision today!!
Now, get that "warrior attitude" on and "charge onward!!!" :D

Mahatma Gandhi