It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:01 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi. im hoping to find so legitimate help here. i take suboxone, my ins only covers 2/3s of it normally despite what my dr has been continually prescribing me.. anyhow, the ins requires that my urine tests do not have a positive test for opiats.. obviously.. however, despite the fact that I TRULY HAVENT TAKEN ANY OPIATE DRUG OR MEDICINE, my urine all the sudden has tested positive like 3 Time. In . Months but it dosent make sense.. i asked the nurse it they did a confirmatory test to figure out exactly what was in my system and she said yes but that they can only confirm that its an opiate and the levels are around 200nl one time and 400nl another, I did reserch and found that poppy seed bagal, which i have been eating a lot of recently, does cause false positives. it sounds stupid i know but im bothered bc if thats true.. wtf, and i asked the nurse but she said i would have had to eaten a pound of seeds so idk.. the only other meds i take are gabapentin, wellbutrin, vistral, prenatal vitamins and ibuprofen. honestly, i have no use for opiate anything since i like the subs and they help and i wouldnt feel nothin on em anyway.. my sub levels are good and im safely breastfeeding which i wouldnt knowingly put an opiate in me.. what do i do? she said she will re test me and resubmit as a newbie but honestly i feel like even when i go face my dr like shes heard it all before so why believe me? anyone know what to do here? been thru this w ins? anything, info, help! ty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:16 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi. I didnt receive any replyies on my post re: false positives and ins denighing subs.. well, UPDATE, there are some opiate type things in subs that trip up the urine tests and a secondary test preformed will break that down.. if the secondary test does not break the opiate down into specifics (like methadone, oxymorphone etc..) than the test is actually negative.. IN MY CASE. A new nurse was on staff at the clinic i GET MY URINES DONE AND SHE DID NOT KNOW HOW TO READ THE TEST PROPERY AND SHE SUBMITTED MY TEST TO INS AS POSITIVE.. NOW SHE IS FIXING THE PROBLEM THANK U JESUS .. HOWEVER, IM AWAITING THE FINAL OUTCOME TO GET MY MEDICINE UGGG!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:01 pm 

Hey KellyL,
So sorry you sliped though without a response. My bad.
Welcome to the forum Kelly.

My guess is not to many people wiewing this site have the experience you had gone though. Idk,
BUT, the good news is it has been resolved.
New nurse huh?
Yes, suboxone or Buprenorphine, has a part agnoist in it.
The shame of it is that you had your treatment interrupted and trust seemingly broken.

I do hope you continue to post here and yes Thank Jesus, your ok..

Hope your recovery is now back on track now....

Razor

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:01 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Ya new nurse didnt submit readings w proper explaination or something bc she didnt know.. But now the issue still isnt resolved. the medical staff called the ins pharmacy dept to do a peer tp peer w prior auth people and they still didnt reverse the decision and told my dr to appeal the ins plan! ug. they went thru the same thing last week w another patient and whoever they got on the ph at the ins understood.. now this week a diff person says appeal the ins dept plan. wtf.. im still without my medicine and awaiting an appeal. which from experience with other appeals to the ins plan, they never over turn a denighal.. idk. this dosnt make sense. if my dr and clinical medical staff explain such things to under educated ins prior auth staff, it should have been fixed immediatly. they wont even approve an ER supply while awaiting the appeal. again wtf.. sometimes its easier to not remain clean. i do what im supposed to, i didnt take any opiate, my dr verified the results from the initial screens.. why is this even a problem? these ins people need to get shit right bc we suffer for no reason and unfortunatly it could cause relapses when we dont have our medicine and become sick.. if they denigh the appeal, idk what to do.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:25 pm 

Ins co suck sometimes. As a matter of fact there seems to be no end
of the bs we have to go though to take this medication.
I dont normally sound off on things, but i just had
disruption in our Sub support group here in town with addicts
im trying to show or teach just how this med works.
So much confusion on all fronts. .
Whats happening to you infuriates me to no end.your right Kelly.WTF...

OK, well hopefully someone will do the right thing in your case
and it ll work out.

Anyway you could pay cash for a bit??

Razor....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Things like this make me crazy. So many healthcare providers don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. That goes double for nearly all insurance. Just ask most docs. And I've worked in healthcare nearly 25 years - I see it first hand!

Now in your case I have two items for you. First of all you can win an appeal so make sure you push for that. It may take time but you should win.

I also think you have to play hard ball here. Your doctors office screwd this up and they need to fix it. Be nice but firm. This is your life. Tell them you've done everything asked of you and are working hard to stay sober. They F'd up here. They need to fix it. Make them try again and ecselate this case. If not tell them you have to take further steps - like a medical board complaint. For certain file a complaint with your states insurance board. That may actually help win your appeal. They need to know they can't ignore THEIR ERROR!

Don't be pushy. Be nice. Don't threaten the doc but tell him, look it was your staff that did this - not me. I need you to fix this for me. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. You have to keep on them to FIX THEIR mistake. If you were to file a lawsuit, and I am NOT suggesting that, but if you did, you could likly show damages for their negligence. They don't want that. If this is a larger group or clinic get to someone above the doc if he doesn't fix this. Someone will make this right but you may. Need. To push for that to happen

Best of luck to you. Please keep us posted.

Don