It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi everyone! I went to see my subdoc this morning and everything went very well. Which surprised me since he was just an absolute ass at my last appointment. So after he finished asking me if I had any concerns about my dose, cravings, side effects, etc... he said that he only has one concern. He said that my last three drug screens came back positive for benzos! He acted like it wasn't a big deal but said that it cant continue. I asked him what I could do because I am not taking any other medication except for suboxone, and melatonin to sleep at night. If my screens keep coming back like this, he will eventually kick me out of the program. I already know that. So why would I even risk taking anything?!?! This is so very important to me. My recovery I mean. I am a chronic relapser and I feel like suboxone has given me my life back. I have been doing everything that I am supposed to do and more. Therapy, support groups, this forum, helping out family, keeping commitments, and everything else that goes with LIVING clean, not just staying away from drugs. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? He did say that I could take a blood test after I asked him if I could. But he said he's not worried about that right now and it wasn't necessary. Im trying not to freak, but I thought maybe some of you might have ideas on what I'm doing or taking that might be affecting the drug screen. OH-I was on valium 5 mg for anxiety for 2 weeks, and my last dose was May 27th. So, i figure this should be out of my system already. I am 5'9" and 150 lbs. Can it linger in fat cells or whatever for this long? Please help. I could use the feedback! Thank you guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you haven't taken anything since May 27th, but you did take benzos (Valium) before that, then I'm sure it's just lingering in your system. That's the only thing that makes sense. Did you tell him that? I would have, just so he knows that it's just a matter of time before it leaves your system. Remember, as with any medication, there's not only the half-life, but the stacking effect if you take it more than once.

I'm SO happy to hear that everything else went just great. That sure is a relief, considering everything. Thanks for the update as I'd been thinking about you.

Take care.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi hatmaker,
It was a total relief to me too that everything went well. He said that the other issue (ups) wasn't my fault and he was just annoyed that they didn't get a signature from me. Anyway, the script for valium was from him so yes he knew already. I don't abuse benzos. It was never my "thing" I guess you could say. So, having said that, any ideas? I did take it consistently for 2 weeks, maybe 16 days. 3x a day. And I've noticed that my urine is dark since I'm on subs. So, i haven't been using the bathroom as often. I push water so i don't get dehydrated. I'm really gonna push it between now and my appt on July 9th. Try and flush it all out! Plus I only have one kidney so my body does get rid of meds a little bit slower than most. (not the metabolizing part, just the flushing) my liver is fine to metabolize. Think that's all this is? I would totally hate myself if I got booted for not doing anything wrong!!! What an ass kicker eh? For the first time in a long time I was thinking, "damn, I'm gonna have a clean drug sreen!" So much for that!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi goingstrong,

I am wondering if you reminded your doctor that he had you on Valium for 2 week 3 x per day just recently. it does have a pretty long half life. A lot of the time I think my doctor knows what's on my chart but they have a lot going on, other patients, and I would assume that unless you reminded him, he does not remember. They look at the charts but who knows what they see.

Anyway, I hope it goes well for you.

Gb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Glenbee, yes i did tell him and maybe thats why he wasnt making an issue out of it???? I dont' know. I just hope its out of my system by the 9th of July. I don't want to risk my recovery. Ya know? Would you happen to know how long the half life of valium is off hand? And what does that mean? Say the half life is 10 hrs. How long would that show on a urine drug screen? I"m sorry, I just know so little about this stuff. My major was in using, not research LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok, the half life is anywhere between 40-100 hours. So what does that mean for my drug screen?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I found this on addictionblog.org....don't know how reliable they are...

If you are avoiding a drug test and think that you may have a problem with Valium…you probably do. If you’re worried about Valium detection during drug testing, it is best to wait 1-5 days before taking a drug test for Valium. Waiting for 5 days is a total precaution to make sure that the drug is totally out of your system. This is because Valium (diazepam) is a benzodiazepine and can be detected in the urine for days after you take it. For daily, chronic Valium use, diazapam can be detected in urine for 4-6 weeks even after you stop taking it.

Or, if you have a prescription for Valium, present this with a doctor’s note to the supervising Medical Officer. Even if Valium is in your system, you will test negative if you are taking Valium as prescribed.

Any thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sounds like you found your answer - 4-6 weeks before it's out of your system. I also found that the half life is 20-100 hours with an active metabolite of 36-200 hours - DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS? Because I don't, but I wanted to list it because I'm sure someone around here can explain it.

I'm sure it's just your previous valium intake and it will pass by the time your next UA. Try not to worry about it. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok, did a little research and this is the jist of it...

Every substances will have to be dealt with...

If substance A breaks down to substance B and B to C and so on, everyone of them will have different half-lifes, so they leave the body in different times.
If they have long half-lifes like in the case of chlordiazepoxide(Librium) and diazepam(Valium), they the user/abuser will have accumulation of ALL of the substances.

If you ingest codeine, it will break down to other metabolites, one of them is morphine, that will need to be break down to other metabolites...
An active metabolite is just that.. a metabolite (break down product by our body) of a drug that has active effects.

Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showth ... z1ydNI7d25

[i]So basically this has got tobe the valium I took for two weeks. I really hope all this digging arounmd helps someone else out there too! Now my mind can rest easy!