It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:11 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi, everyone!
Short backstory:
I have a friend that had been on sub treatment for 6 yrs. After a bad breakup that left her and her daughter homeless, she got into public housing surrounded by new bad friends. She stated diverting her subs and shooting H for the first time ever. After several warning signs, I decided to do a one person intervention. I made her sign a letter stating what she was doing. That from that day on, I am in control of her sobriety, and money. If she failed to comply this letter would be fwd: to her doctor, her apartment manager, the police and children's services. She knew she was close to dying so she signed.

I give her her meds ever other day. Day one, she doses in front of me. Then she has the next day on her own. By not spending money on H, I manahed to get all her bills caught up, she bought a new phone, got her hair done with the money she has left from her check. She sees a therapist 2x a month, doing very well. Saving money to buy a car now.

Two days ago, her Dr confronted her that her bupe has been negative on her last couple screens. FINALLY she is doing the right thing, and he threatens her with dismissal. She is floored, I AM floored!
I have seen this girl take her meds every other day for the past 6 months. So, devils advocate, she sells the 3 she has until text time I come. She But for what? Even if that was the case, who could or want to do H after just taking a sub, and knowing you have to take one the next day? Plus her daughter tells me everything. That is a highly unlikely scenario.
My point is..she claims she takes 1 1/2 day. I know for a fact she does every other day. HOW COULD SHE NOT HAVE THEM IN HER SYSTEM? I witnessed her dose Sunday, she went to Dr. TUES am.
The only other drug she takes is otc sleeping pill/tylenol PM, she has horrid insomnia but Dr doesn't approve of Ambien so she takes about 6 or 8 generic PMs. (She has history of bad liver, and the Tylenol is probably killing her). He gave her 2 week script, and said if her urine from Tues comes back negative, she's out. I know this will send her back to H, she doesn't have enough clean time to deal with this. She tried to argue, but all he had to do was flip through her file prior to intervention and rattle off all the offenses he let her go on.
Has anyone heard of false negatives for Subs? She took minimum 1 1/2 (12 mg) Sunday.

Thank you so much if you could provide some type of literature that this can happen. Or reason why? Thank you so much for listening!

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:30 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

suboxone (and i asume subutex??) has a huge half life. there is no way it wouldn't show up in three days.
is the dr using a cup test? maybe her urine was diluted? maybe she had someone else pee for her? one of her kids? a friend had his gf pee for him then took it into the clinic. the dr wanted to know why it was negative for subs but positive for prozac! dr. sent him to the hospital for bloodwork.
if it was a legitimate sample she could offer to pee again and they could send it to a lab or volunteer for a blood test check. there is a possibility that if she has liver problems that her body may not be processing it normally.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:10 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

When she was Rxing dirty she would get someone elses urine. Here is one thing I left out, she smokes occassionally, the Dr isn't real strict about it..but when she took someone else's urine (only girl she knew that took subs and nothing else) there was no THC and he commented on it. That was a year ago. This sample showed positive for THC only. Like she said, she isn't stupid enough, even when she was on H, to go to the Dr with no bupe in her system. So she would have got that same girls urine, if she was going that route. It just doesn't make sense. I have read it has happened on a few other sites but it's just people asking for answers, too. She doesn't know what test they do, u put your urine thru a window in the wall and never see it again.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Check out this link. comments from both Dr J site owner and docm2 a visiting physician. Day of next appt, have her take that day's bup in front of them, If she were not taking any bup, and took it all - she'd show noticable side effects. Also bring in bottle and pills for a pill count and offer to show the pills left for the rest of the script. Best, P
post114745.html#p114745

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:55 pm 

Great advice pelican!

Something doesn't sound right.... obviously lol that was silly to say I guess. One of two things has happened, the doctors office test wasn't correct and it was their mistake. Or ur friend is still pulling a trick of using someone else's urine because she's afraid of falling for some reason and the person she got it from didn't have bupe in their system.

I'm not saying anything bad about ur friend or saying she's definitely being dishonest with u so please don't take me wrong. Addicts can be complete masterminds. I have lied and pulled stunts on loved ones many times in the past. I felt guilty over it but in the moment you'll do anything for a fix. It's very possible that the doctors test was off but it's just as possible that ur friend isn't being honest. Please just keep an open mind and heart because u seem like a great caring person. But things that u think aren't possible for this reason or that reason.... there's always loopholes addicts find to manipulate in order to still use.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:43 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes there can be false negatives, if she is diluting her urine or using someone else’s. Pelican got a very good plan, hope things will become evident soon.