It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:57 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

People usually have good success jumping from .25mg a day. Some do a skipping day routine once they've spent four-five days at .25mg a day. On the 5th day at .25mg take a dose, then skip taking a dose the next day. Take a dose, then skip two days, take a dose then skip three days. Take on more dose, jump, AND WALK ACROSS THE STREET.

However I'm going to taper to 1mg a day. I have the time and am wanting to find out if I'm able to taper to such tiny micro doses that I'll avoid any withdrawl symptoms. Because I wonder this, if no WD maybe no PAWS??

Just a theory I want to check out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:06 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

That was supposed to read "I'm going to reduce to .10mg a day"

Sorry for the confusion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:10 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

SeekingSober - So you're at .25 correct? And going down another .15 before the jump? I see from your taper run down that you have been dropping around 20% every 4-5 days correct? Do you have a "taper journal" thread? If so, can you link it here so I can check it out pls. If not, overall how has the taper been going? What w/d issues, if any, have presented themselves? I’m down to .7 and all is well other than this insanely annoying anxiety that I get every morning starting around 3am or so. It’s not super bad or horrible or anything remotely close to that, it’s completely bareable. Just a pain to fall asleep at 10pm and then be woken up by this anxiety alarm clock that goes off every morning at 3am.

I've read a ton about different "comfort meds", some prescription based, some over the counter or herbal. The one that seems to come up more often than not is the L-Tyrosine. In my original post, I was talking a little bit about the crazy bouts of depression I got. This was when I tried to drop my sub from like 6mg to 4mg. I don’t remember the exact drop or where I was at in my "taper" but I know it was early on and it scared the shit outta me because I thought that if going from 6-4 had me entertaining the thought of suicide, getting off this stuff all together was bound to put me in a hole. So, I got back on Wellbutrin and things got SUBSTANTIALLY better, so much in fact that I was able to get down to the .8mg where I’m at currently.

I just started taking the L-Tyrosine yesterday and am not experiencing any effects, positive or negative as of yet. I took 1000mg yesterday and bumped it to 1500mg today. I guess the main reason for trying this out is more of a preventative measure than anything else (hoping that it will help get my brain chems sp that I can prevent a depression issue rather than addressing it after it is already present) I can deal with the physical wd FAR better than I can deal with my mind going MIA. I know there's a lot of posts on here about the L-Tyrosine, but if anyone has anything to add, please do.

Sorry I’m all over the place with my post, lol.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:49 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Sure my thread here is titled 'My Journey of Stopping"

And yeah, I reduce around 20% every four day. (I have been lucky in that I've been reducing about every three days).

Here are the numbers:

Day 1 3mg
Day 2 2mg
Day 3 2mg
Day 4 2mg
Day 5 1.5mg
Day 6 1.5mg
Day 7 1.5mg
Day 8 1.125mg
Day 9 1.125mg
Day 10 1.125mg
Day 11 1.00mg
Day 12 1.00mg
Day 13 1.00mg
Day 14 .80 mg
Day 15 .80 mg
Day 16 .80 mg
Day 17 .80 mg
Day 18 .60 mg
Day 19 .60 mg
Day 20 .60 mg
Day 21 .50 mg
Day 22 .50 mg
Day 23 .50 mg
Day 24 .50 mg
Day 25 .40 mg
Day 26 .40 mg
Day 27 .40 mg
Day 28 .40 mg
Day 29 .30 mg
Day 30 .30 mg
Day 31 .25 mg
Day 32 .25 mg
Day 33 .25 mg
Day 34 .20 mg
Day 35 .20 mg
Day 36 .20 mg
Day 37 .15 mg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:15 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

SeekingSober - I think I may be doing the liquid taper incorrectly. The thread regarding this says to disolve an 8mg pill in 10ml of water, yeilding .8mg/ml correct? Wouldnt it be easier to disolve the 8mg in 8ml of water so that each ml is 1mg? I could easily have the math all messed up in my head, but before I disolve another pill I wanted to see if I was on track or not. Thanks!!