It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Facsimile =)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:23 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

[align=center]My story will read alot like many before it and many after it... But here goes:[/align]

About 10 years ago I was injured (back what else, shocker - i know!) and was put on some 5mg Hydrocodone. I will spare you the details of the next 10 years, suffice to say, I have sold everything but my house, including offshore boats, snowmobiles, trucks, cars, and pretty much anything else that was not nailed down to be able to support my habit that grew over the years. End times consisted of minimum of 30 perc tens a day, usually more.

Currently I am seeing a shrink who prescribes me Suboxone. Best decision I ever made. I have not had the urge to use, nor used in what will be a month this coming Friday. Doesn't sound like a long time to many here I am sure, but to me it is like a lifetime away from the nightmare of waking up every day only to figure out where you were going to get money to get more drugs so you did not get sick. Because, my job was lost due to it as well of course, silly!

I plan on hanging around here for a bit and reading, sharing my experiences, helping others, and having other help me. I am basically going to use this forum as part of my recovery, as recommended by my Pshychiatrist.....Psychologist? I dunno what she is lol one of those two haha.

Anyway, Hi!

~Flair

Post subject: been there,done that
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:33 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Welcome to this great place. There are many,many addicts here that can help you. Congrats on starting your recovery. 19 months ago I too found suboxone. Wish it had bn sooner,for I did lose the house,boat wife.well you know the story. Had sold it all and lost it all.however,though my dr,and meetings and this great forum life has gotten better. There isn't a day that I don't learn something from this forum. For me,the greatest thing in recovery is helping others. It sure beats chasing those damn pills! Lol.or worse finding the money!.. earlyrecovery is a wonderful thing,best of luck and welcome.... raz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[marq=right]***WELCOME FLAIR***[/marq]

Congrats on 30 BIG days!!!!!!

I like you, had a lil over ten years down the tubes, chasing pills...........AND, when I got to 30 days on suboxone, I was just overwhelmed, like WOW, I cant freaking believe it!!!!!
I honestly had never ever thought Id see the day!!!

So, good for you!!!!!!!!

Im sure you'll make alotta friends here. this is a GREAT place for support, in dark days and sunny ones!!! Its just nice to know, we aren't the only ones out there, fighting this monster :wink:
and it truely is a monster, at least for me!!!

Welcome, again, and I hope you stick around!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/