It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: RX expired?
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi it's Queenie, my doctor sees me every 6 months. He gives me an rx with 5 refills. To make it simple, can someone explain this:

My pharmacist calls thursday "Your refill is ready" Me: o.k. I'll pick it up Monday. I had oral surgery & don't feel well."

I go to the pharmacy today and the pharmacist says "Your refill expired. You should have picked it up a few days ago"

I am very confused. Can someone tell me what happened?

Thank you.
Queenie

Post subject: Re: RX expired?
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:57 pm 

Hey Queenie,...sorry I cant explain it. I dont get refills but many many times I dont fill my script for up to 5 dsys. ! I go to walmart and always have had the same two pharmacist s..

You bn useing the same place ill assume?, sou ds like BS to me..

make some calls. The pharmacy first maybe, then dr..
I just dont get this. The attitude towards us in sub recovery just plain Stinks...sorry Q...hope ya get it worked out quickly. ?

razor....

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks Razor,

Yes, I use the same pharmacy.(not anymore) It sounds like bs to me too. You are right, we are treated like crap. I left a message for my dr. to call me or the pharmacy. Luckily, I have a dr. that responds right away and I also took the advice of many here "hoard them, just in case" I have enough until my dr. sends me a new rx. But, imagine if I had none. By the time I straighten this out. Forget it.

Love, Queenie

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:43 pm 

Hey Q, my 3rd trip to walmart, I hadca talk with the staff. Indirectly to all of them, and rightvat the head Pharmacist.
I told them my understanding of the med, how it should be viewed asca med not some street drug. Oh I got the "looks" the first two trips in, but im a chipper kind of guy. I deal with people one on pne all day everyday. So...I explained how subs saves lives, how important it is to many addicts who take it properly.
That was 3 years ago. They all call me by my first name. Lol..IM LUCKY. They havnt hired a new phar since I started there...and its to bad, to bad that most of the country dosent understand what this med can do...a med or a drug?.... anyway so glad you stocked up some xtras...I did too...keeps us postedcQueenie, like to know how this ends up..bless ya..razor...

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:57 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

My pharmacist told me scripts expire in six months

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:24 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

This EXACT same thing happend to me when I was VERY close to being out... I had an anxiety attack on spot.. I was scared.. What the f do you mean it's expired??? I still had fifteen strips left?? My insurance at that time was dropped and I could only afford to buy a few at a time. They said had I picked them up a few days sooner I could of gotten them... I coudlnt' believe it! I'm glad you are ok and have a dr. that is willing to call them.. That's complete bullshit.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Guys, well, my doctor called me & today I received a new RX with 5 refills. I am taking it to another pharmacy. My doctor even said something was fishy about a REFILL expiring. Mind you, the pharmacy called & said "your refill is ready" I go 4 days later & he says "it expired". WHAT??? "why didn't you tell me to pick it then?" No answer. I laughed all the way home because I knew I had 25 and a dr. that calls me right away. But not before I let him know. I'm a double amputee. I can't just jump up & get here when you call" He seemed disinterested. So the heck with hi,

Take care guys..
Love, Queenie

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh, bynt he way, I don't get strips I get the sublingual and my co-pay is $10.00 a month. I have good insurance. Queenie

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:16 pm 

Great news Queenie..and you hit the nail on the head, "the heck with him"...
Did the samething lastnight to a person who was in the wroug..the heck with him too...

take care

razor

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

that's right Queenie, to heck with him! Lol. I'm sorrythat bs happened to you, but I can believe it with the way people view sub treatment/patients in general. it sucks! glad you didn't run out though, and you have good doctor and insurance. hope it all gets straightened out soon :-)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I know this thread is old, but I'm reviving it in case someone else hears of it happening. I had a similar thing happen to me, so I asked for clarification. I'm not sure if this is what happened in the original post, but the misuse of one word could be the problem. The one word is "expired." My pharmacy texts me when my RX is ready, and there's an extra message at the end of the text telling me that it's good for 5 days. What they mean is that the medicine will be held for 5 days, then put. back in stock. They don't mean that the RX has expired, just that the hold time has. I haven't researched yet, but I'm guessing there is some regulation on how long the pharmacy can hold filled prescriptions before they have to be resubmitted. The pharmacy staff doesn't know 2hy someone would have an RX filled, then not pick it up. Community ate with them and I believe many problems we read about here could be fixed before getting out of hand. If what I just illustrated is not the problem in the op then there is something to be angry about. For others. ....ask the pharmacy staff if they mean what I w a s told if they say your RX expired. You may have an immediate solutikn.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:39 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi, im new first post, but will post my story soon, it's just so long (15 yrs ugh!) But I've noticed that a lot of pharmacists seem to be getting the ego trip that i had noticed in a great many Dr's I've had to see due to constant kidney stones...and the judgement makes me crazy. I almost admitted myself into a psych ward, but went to rehab instead. Still have the stones, but what happened to compassion? So glad to have found this forum! Lynn