It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:43 pm 
Hi... I am new here and I was on sub for almost 4 yrs. I got laid off and lost my ins. and could not afford the sub doc visits any more. I was totally blown away with how much the sub really cost after my ins. was dropped. I did go another year on sub because my sub doc scipt was for 16mg daily. I only needed 2mg to feel normal. So I had a lot of extra pills. I did try several times to tell the doc I didn't need the 8mg pills and wanted to cut the dose down.. he would get angry and I was in fear of him cutting me off so I just stop talking about wanting to cut the dose. I mainly cut the dose because of all the side affect at high doses. Then as I got lower I felt better so I ended on 2mg. any lower I would feel wd.

ANyway.... I do understand why folks think we just switch addiction. We did in a way. I am not saying that being on sub is wrong at all. I just think some of us need to be on a opiate to be happy. After being on drugs for a while our brains are rewired. We cant produce endorphins on our own or for at least a very long time after dope. Esp long acting opiates like Methadone/sub. Meth saved my life.. saved me from loosing everything I had. When sub came around it was just easier then going to the clinic.. only a 5 min appointment with sub doc and its over for the month. Less stigma but more expensive I found out after I lost my ins.

Until I had my receptor reset with Ibogaine I knew I would never be able to live without an opiate. So methadone and sub really saved my life. I am sure as science progress they will make a better opiate that wont have all the side affects like meth/sub does but until then... unless one can/or chooses to live drug free sub/meth is the best option. I am drug free now for over two yrs. I could not have done this without Ibogaine. But if Ibogain wasn't avail to me I surely would be on meth or suboxone. I just couldn't face daily living without it. I do feel like I am one lucky guy...my family paid for me to get a Ibogaine treatment. I know many are afraid of it and thats OK. I did LSD, Shrooms, mescaline in my teens so tripping didn't scare me. Really Ibogain is not like tripping or it wasn't to me. I think it just really healed my brain.

GODSPEED to all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:07 pm 
Hey Capt!! Welcome to the forum!!

Congragulations on your years of sobriety!! Im just curious, what is ibogaine? I've heard of it but i live in the US so its not available that im aware of. I've heard you pretty much trip your balls off. I use to be big into Ecstasy, LSD, Shrooms 2CE etc. Is it like any of the above that i've named? Oh and i've done mescaline also. Im just curious how something like that would work for opiate dependence. I do know that i've had some very spiritual like trips in my days, but nothing that could ever heal my brain of opiate dependence, at least not that im aware of. Again welcome to the forum!! ~PEACE~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Capt, welcome to the forum.

I, like lifesaver, congratulate you on your years of sobriety, good job, bud!

Please, give us some more info on Ibogaine, I heard about it years ago (it's a root of a plant isn't it). How did it work, where did you take it (overseas I'm sure). Any tripping at all? Cost? (expensive, eh). All the lurid details if you don't mind.

Lifesaver, I did shrooms, LSD, mescaline, purple micro-dot, blotter acid and I loved my trips. I would have sure 'taken one for the team' and tried Ibogaine...mostly to reset my brain, but largely to trip again!!

I have a sneaking suspicion this thread is about to explode with members.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:36 pm 
Romeo, i was into tripping pretty heavy myself. I would have to say, although opiates really had a hold on me, hallucinogens is what really messed my mind up. So, im just curious how something that makes you trip could possibly "heal" the brain from opiate addiction. I am not in any way doubting what Capt said. Im just not quite understanding how its possible. Because like i said, i've tripped on many things and have had some of the best trips, along with some of the worst trips but never has it "healed" my brain. The only after affects i've ever gotten was my thinking would change for a few weeks or even longer after a trip. But thats all. Anyways, hopefully we can get some more info about this. Thanks!! ~PEACE~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey congrats CAT on all you went threw and you def give us hope that even being on sub for as long as 4 years you got off it and now are living truely drug free and thats just great.

Hey guys not trying to be a dick but lets try to keep this thead clear of talking about tripping thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:13 pm 
well Ty for the welcom... I surely will share my experience with iboga but I do have a few things to say since I actually read this whole thread.

I am a addict. A addicted in recovery though. While I was on meth and then sub.. my behavior toward the drug didn't change. I protected my sub just like I protected my diludid/oxy/h. If I didn't have them I would of done anything to keep from getting sick. True that being able to get meth/sub made my life much easier. I didn't have to resort to the street to keep from getting sick. At the end of my addiction I stop getting high. I did dope to just function. Once I ran out of sub I had lost my old dope friend to buy more off the street so I was lost. I did wean very slow.. I mean I dropped .125 to .25mg every month or so. I think it helped with the wd but I still went months craving dope, no energy and couldn't sleep. My chits were muddy and it never got better for a long time. SO... I am not a sub hater by no means. I could not face life without the opiate in my system. Once the sub ran out... all those feelings/cravings came right back. I was just lucky to have a family that did learn to forgive me and got me the iboga treatment.

TO answer your question about Ibogaine.. I didn't have the money to go outside the USA. My family didn't have it either. They were so afraid because once the sub was gone they saw all the same behaviors coming back. I told them that I will have to go back on meth since it cheaper. My Mom and bother got busy looking for a way I could get a Ibogain treatment.

They found a nurse that provides Ibogain treatment underground. She was a recovering addict also and did the sub train. She was great. I would never admit it to her but I developed a big crush on her. Thats besides the point but she talked with me for nearly a month on the phone or by email... she was real big on intent. She invited me to her home for the tx. I was there only 4 days. The day after I arrived she gave me the iboga. It was very different then LSD or masculine. I got the trails, and breathing walls sorta.. you know what I mean. But the deeper I went on the iboga the more different it was. I did have visions. I saw me as kid, as a teen. I watch me make the choice to do dope. I watch how it changed the way I looked at life. I saw how I just simply stop growing up. The visions were sorta like movies that were playing in fast motions. I had to pay close attention and there were sometimes two or three movies going at the same time. I saw everything from third person sorta. Like I was hovering above and watching my life and my choices in life. It became very clear to me where I lacked/ what I lacked and what I had to do to improve myself. it was strange. the nurse told me if I see something that I didn't like just open my eyes. Well there was at one point this old black man... like from and old Tarzan movie and he was the witch doctor. he scared me and I open my eyes and Poof.. no visions. I closed my eyes again and the old women appeard... her mouth was not moving but I heard her talk. She said something like... "he scared you?... are you afraid of yourself?" I didn't understand then all of a sudden I saw me as a teen again... I saw me hurting emotionally and then reaching for the bong. Clear as day... I mean like I was right in front of myself. I then finally understood. I understood why I chose the road I took in life. It was because I just didn't want to have to feel... I drowned out my feeling first with pot.. it progress to finally I was out right junkie. All that happen because I didn't think I should have to deal with normal daily crap .... I didn't want to feel or as the rooms say. "live life on life's terms".

I was using about 2 or three bags of dope when I arrived at her house. The day after I took the iboga I didn't have wd's. I didn't feel good either... it was like a bad hangover. but I still knew I was no longer addicted to dope. I knew that I no longer needed the dope to cope with life. the third day I was up and hungry as hell. I ate .. sat and talked to the nurse, I laugh for the first time a laugh that was from deep inside. I laugh with relief. I never craved dope again. I never even though about going back that route. I still don't understand how I did live that way...I know I am still the addict and I can never take another opiate or risk loosing what I have now. The Iboga showed me what I needed to see I guess. But more then that the iboga fix my brain. I naturally produce endorphins. I don't have to depend on anything.... and somehow I forgot to start smoking ciggs while I was at her house. I didn't even think about a smoke till I got home at my Mother house... she smokes. Thats when I realize that I had not smoked a cigg for 4 days... and I didn't want one. I'd been smoking since I was about 12... I am now 55. I do sometime feel sorrow that most my life I spent chasing dope or hiding behind methadone but.... I am still gratefully for whatever time I have left on this earth living like a normal happy, drug free man.

I am not writter... so if this didn't make sense I am sorry. But.. really not sure if I can explain what Iboga did for me. I can only tell you how I feel. And I feel that my brain has been healed. That Nurse can explain why it works... but its all over my head.

Maybe if you ask something specific... I can answer more black and white... no so Ibogy like.

GOD SPEED

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:27 pm 
OH yea... I almost forgot.. I just ask My brother what he paid for the tx. it was Only 2,600 bucks. I thought it was more but he says no.. only 26 hundred. The clinics when I was searching was 6000 and up. It just dawn on my I never paid him back. I guess I need to do that.

Godspeed
Capt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Capt,

WOW, that's fascinating. For not being a writer, you did awesome. I 'get' everything you said. AMAZING, your story lines up pretty much exactly with what I had saw/heard.

THANK YOU for sharing!

I have 6 months off of sub, completely drug free, but I am still fascinated by Ibogaine. The potential is there for many opiate addicts to get another option for help. I'm not saying it would be for everyone, or anyone for that matter. Just to have another option for opiate users because I know how hard opiates can be to quit for some of us.

What are you a Capt of?

bboy, sorry about the tripping...I just had heard about this stuff and knew the experience was very similar to an 'acid trip' and I got carried away. Please accept my sincere apologies. Peace brother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

capt - if you're ok with it, I can move your posts about your Ibogaine experience to a new thread. That would keep this thread on topic and also more people would be able to read about your experience. Let me know.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:15 am 
of course... didnt mean to hi jack the thread. I was just wanting to answer the questions. Feel free to do what ever you need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:55 am 
Glad it worked for you and not to be negative about it but Ibogaine does not "reset" opiate receptors. I just dont want people to get the wrong idea is all. It helped you out in some way Im guessing but as of now there is nothing available that will reset an opiate addicts receptors back to normal except long term abstinence from opiates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:33 am 
suboxOWNED wrote:
Glad it worked for you and not to be negative about it but Ibogaine does not "reset" opiate receptors. I just dont want people to get the wrong idea is all. It helped you out in some way Im guessing but as of now there is nothing available that will reset an opiate addicts receptors back to normal except long term abstinence from opiates.

Really? Can you show me the research. I can show you. I also know and understand now why it does. My brother is a md, he did a lot of reasearh on this before he offered it to me.

YOu seem to follow me around to debunk anything I say... I call this BASHING. I surely will put up link with all the research the UK, S Africa has done.. also that DR Nash a USA md has done. I know it reset my receptors. There have been some deaths related to iboga... mainly due to the addict did not believe they were reset and went home... did the same amt of dope they were acustum to and died of OD. I do know a guy that had a huge habbit... he did the iboga, four days later did half the amt of herion and ended up in er with OD. No one looses tolerance from withholding dope for 4 days. SO... before you make a blanket statment about something you know nothing about... do your research. I did my research after the fact ... but I just had to know why I felt so different after my treatment...

Not for everyone.... great for me and will be for anyone I love and care about. I dont care what you think... I am a new person and totally not dependent on anything.

If anyone cares to see the reseach I will put up links to do so..... cant believe me, need to reseach it yourself. I suggest you do so suboxonOWNED.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:54 pm 
http://www.ibogaine.org/science.html

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ibogaineconference

I have so much more... will look for it.

Post subject: This is amazing
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Before today I had never even heard of this stuff. I read a whole bunch of articles since this morning and all about why the government doesn't want to have this stuff here (money reasons). Man, that bugs me.

I read about the place that does the detox down in Mexico and I'm excited about it. Sure, it's a few thousand bucks and I cannot do it right now, but it's a possibility in the future. And it's way, way cheaper than sedation detox, which doesn't prevent the PAWS anyway. I called them and left a message. I really want more information!!

Capt, thanks so much for sharing your story. I loved reading it. What an incredible experience that must have been. I'm curious. Did you truly believe it would work before you went or did you just go into it with an open mind but no assumptions? Were you absolutely blown away at the results?

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

suboxOWNED wrote:
Im guessing but as of now there is nothing available that will reset an opiate addicts receptors back to normal except long term abstinence from opiates.

Naltrexone "resets" (for lack of a better word) opiate receptors. That's why a person who's been taking naltrexone should take a smidgen the amount of heroin they were taking before if they relapse because their tolerance is actually ..lower.. than that of a person who's never taken opiates.

Post subject: stinks
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:08 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

this thread stinks to high heaven of mis information-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

indigochild -

I don't know shit about ibogaine, so I can't correct any misinformation. We very much want to provide accuracy here though, so if you can, will you provide whatever corrections/accurate information you have and include any sources that you may have as well? That would be great. And thanks so much.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Re: stinks
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

indigochild wrote:
this thread stinks to high heaven of mis information-

Hi... I am also wonder what mis informatin this thread has. I am looking into doing this myself. I have been weaning off sub so that I can. If you could be more direct in what you think is not right. I just spent the last week researching this and it surely took some time. I will be getting this treatment pretty soon.

So is it the person writing the thread or just think Ibogaine is crap?

Post subject: ibogaine
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:52 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I don't have time to get into debate that would turn into a knife fight over ibogaine. this thread has 1 guys experience . If you want to hear a few experiences read http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=59366 i hate this forum but it has tons of addicts,yup, that play with this stuff or have been "to treatment"

Post subject: hooey!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:25 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

"I do know a guy that had a huge habbit... he did the iboga, four days later did half the amt of herion and ended up in er with OD. No one looses tolerance from withholding dope for 4 days."

If ANYONE doesn't do "dope" for four days, they will lose a significant tolerence! If a heroin addict stops shooting then has four days clean in detox- OF COURSE THEY WILL LOSE TOLERENCE! everything I've read just doesn't add up and I'm not going to take some African Dr. word for it..or your brothers. I'm not doubting this is SERIOUS stuff that makes one hallucinate, but just don't run off to some underground nurse because of this thread and capy LOL

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next