It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: hey Diary
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Also credibility was established whem methadone came out, when morphine came out and to some extent when Suboxone/Subutex came out. Look how all that turned out, and also other medications/opiods or so-called substances which help addiction.. Ibogaine has been experimented for many years now with no end result in sight. All it does from many people's experiences is post-pone the inevitable. Yes it might get rid of some really hard-core acute withdrawals but it's the PAWS where many folks have problems with, short acting opiates produce hardcore withdrawals and less duration of paws but even then the cravings still return with depression.. Now long acting opiates such as bup are a different ball game altogether when iboga is concerned.. Ibogaine can erase hardcore acute symptoms for say heroin but the post-acute-withdrawals still stand, granted. And is not any one person who used iboga to get off sub and stay clean for 3-6 months. Transfering to a short-acting-opiate makes no difference or impact when it comes to withdrawals and PAWS. Its only for folks who cant handle 2-3 weeks without an opiate before doing iboga or for folks who are on bup or meth who cant cope with taking nothing until iboga. Its merely to hold folks until some bup/meth comes out of the body before iboga, is all.

I mean would someone really do 4-5 flood doses and many boosters if iboga really helped folks on sub? I don't think so. I have many links where people detail their sub experience using iboga, 99% of the cases are folks claiming PAWS hit hard after a while, now one might aswell just taper the sub, excercise and use supplements and play the piper then waste so much money on something which is not proven, definetetly not proven to help suboxone withdrawals and PAWS, if anything it can become more mental anguish later, because having high expectations, being all lively when iboga is still in your system only for it to come down and suddenly your hit with PAWS, this can take a toll on someone's mind and body, somebody also had to go to a mental hospital after iboga, not sure if its related but it makes you think doesnt it...

First of all suboxone withdrawals are not intense but long-lasting, and iboga at the very lest helps with hardcore heroin and other short acting opiate withdrawals, withdrawals of Buprenorphine are much less intense and different to short acting opiates, hence of why many long-acting-opiate-users have such a hard time succeeding with iboga. Like I said folks are desperate to use something to get out and we addicts tend to be really gullible, by believing all the hype we are simply holding back our lives. Like this ex-addict said once what gets you through is courage and determination, being less naive, less desperate but being realistic and facing it head on. And most important of all how you are as a person, your personality, your traits etc all determin how you can cope with addiction and if you can beat any drug/opiate your on, basically they say intelligent strong minded folks can ride succeed while others have to work harder, but none the less I agree how we are as people does reflect how we think, how easily lead we can be, how we cope with addiction, how strong-minded and smart we are and how we can taper and lead the life we want to. Also self-esteem and confidence plays its par too, my Pshyciatrist said once for example if one sees themselves as attractive they will tend to have high self-esteem and not worry too much abou that, which in turn can help post-detox and yourself as a Person, because you will be confident about yourself and that confidence can transfer when your detoxing and makes you believe you can do this, you can taper down, makes you less naive and bitter, it makes you actually open-minded because you dont automatically belive "oh there is a magic plant or pill that gets rids of withdrawals and PAWS" and trust me this Pshyciatrist is usually spot on...But for some folks with less self-esteem espeacially when detoxing it can take its toll, minimizing any issues one has helps BIG time when detoxing, because it's one less thing to worry about.. I will post more links to where folks give their experience about iboga being used to get off sub and other opiates, if am allowed to do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Blood_Xcalibur -

Thank you for coming back and reposting your thoughts. I appreciate that you were able to voice your concerns about the possible downside/negative effects if Ibogaine without calling out another forum member. I think you have a lot of valid points. It seems that there just isn't enough known about Ibogaine, and you are correct - anyone considering this treatment should be very wary and do their research.

If you have links to the stories of people who have tried Ibogaine to get off of Suboxone, I think it would be ok for you to post them. Just be aware that there are other forums out there that don't particularly like us because they think we are too "pro-suboxone" & keep that in mind when you are linking.

Again, I really appreciate your willingness to repost your thoughts. Carry on!

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

These forums aren't exactly suboxone sites but opiate sites where some folks use iboga for sub and other opiates. Also some neutral sites where they arent pro or anti-sub.

Here is a article with comments from people who used iboga to get off suboxone. You will see in the comment below how you dozenss or so folks who said PAWS-Withdrawals from bup and meth came back when Iboga wore off

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailywee ... _iboga.php

Here is a paragraph from an individual-member from another site who used Iboga more then 3 times and still scummed to PAWS from Suboxone

".I'm not trying to discourage you or be negative about this, but I have done 3 floods and taken many boosters and microdoses, and now I'm back on the sub. I probably had about 4 or 5 months clean in the past year. This is from a website of minovx.com where they discuss Iboga.

Also if you go on bluelight forum and look for Michael-watts who also did iboga and claimed it's merely a placebo as PAWS come back with a vengece and is admant it does not do an ounce of good for suboxone users and to some extent methadone users.

There are also comments on youtube where members have claimed iboga did not work for them as they relapsed because of depression. Here is a comment from youtube when this member who did suboxone for a couple of years and then did iboga.

sonyaoolightsI think addicts are just crazy wanting a way out of their junkie lifestyle. I tried this ibogaine and let me tell you its not cure or a way out. I dont know about opiates like hydros and darvs but for suboxone (which i was taking) and methadone it didn't help much. You will still feel some sort of withdrawals a couple of months later but the depressing feelings are worse. I think thats why the goverment don't legalize

@14Vettes I think its all hyped about nothing. I did the ibogaine treatment too but i had symptoms coming back to me all the time. In my opinion it only takes away some early symptoms. I was taking suboxone for a couple of years and it did take away little bit of the first withdrawals but it still sucked later. I dont think ibogaine works to to take away your addiction or what comes months later. I wouldnt wast my dollars again on this. Maybe for hydros and darvocets it can work but not suboxone.

These are just some of the comments and experiences of folks who uses iboga to get off sub and all who say it does not do anything for long acting opiates, and bear in mind the folks who talk about iboga in a positive way are mostly promoters and practioners. You see there are 2 sides to every coin. I think it's common sense iboga has no place for long acting opiates espeacially suboxone. All I see is sub users claiming of paws and symptoms occuring after iboga. Like I said before I have yet to come across anyone who has been clean after consuming iboga from sub, hell you hardly see folks from short acting opiates stay clean after iboga let alone sub-methadone users...Also don't forget many deaths have occured, even many unoticed and undetailes ones, even with an ECG there is no gurantee. And there are also rumours of iboga not being pure iboga as practioners and websites are taking chemicals out of the plant so there are no health-concerns and this takes away the spiritual-awakening aspect of the experience. So yeah all am saying is dont be too desperate and have high hopes for so-called magic pills, plants, detox programmes, formulas etc because that will only set you back. Just taper and change your mentallity, if one is insecure it doesnt mean they have to be so short-sighted, just look at other folks your age who are progressing in life i.e are married, got children, got repspectable decent careers, are self-employed, have amibtions, go on holidays and have social life mixing with educated intelligent people etc and so on, just think of those people and say to yourself why am I so gullible and an addict? why cant I be like other folks who are superior then me. You know we need to more of gents and lady-like, it's not impossible. First step starts now, taper the sub, change your social-structure-life, become more nicer, more civil, be more mature, respect your folks, be open-minded, don't let deep-insecurties put you down or your looks or whatever, it's time to raise up and be a man or/and a Woman. Nothing is impossilbe if you put your mind to it.

Be well folks, and if you want to research more then google experiences, go on websites, and you'll see true experiences of iboga in conjunction with suboxone-methadone and shorter acting opiates.

V

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:47 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I really dont belong here. I want to teach about Iboga. To start, Iboga is, by far, the most powerful drug I have ever taken. It is no joke. It ends all withdrawal very quickly, but it is replaced by a whole new set of issues. It is not comfortable, but it is much easier than withdrawal. After 36 hours, you come out of it weak and confused, but the dope sickness is gone. You are no longer an addict.

I was on 120mg of methadone. 36 hours after my last dose of methadone, I took Iboga. That was my last dose of methadone. That was three years ago. I have taken iboga in flood dose, only one time. Oh yea, it works.

Let us say that I could magically make all of your addiction disappear, right this second. Only the addiction, mind you. The rest of your life is still going to be exactly the same unsatisfying life. You will be exactly at the computer right now, except not sick, and not high. You would have no opiates in your blood.

What would you do now? I'll answer that for you. You would probably go score drugs. Not like you are suddenly going to stand up and do something amazing.

Let us say that I could very quickly end your addiction, but first I tell you about it months in advance. We talk about changing things around, you dump the loser dealer boyfriend, you are even eating healthy, and no more gummy bears as a meal. You know what I am talking about. Now you have no addiction, a very different environment, and you have a plan.

What would you do now? Things would turn out a lot different, wouldn't they?

This is how Ibogaine works. It most certainly will end addiction, especially to opiates. There are other things that it helps with, but only with opiate addiction does it work every time.

I will not address the quotes you pull from other forums. I invite you to search my usertag, watch 45 minutes of my face, and tell me I am a liar.

I think I misunderstand this whole conversation anyway. Even if you could not take iboga to stop suboxone, you could take your former drug of choice to stop suboxone, and then the Ibogaine to stop your former drug of choice. It is just one extra step to end your opiate addiction forever. I dont understand how that is a bad thing. It is a process. It takes time. It most certainly works, though.

Do not get hung up comparing it to other things. There is nothing like it in the world. As Bruce Parry from BBC Tribe said, "It is a vivid, disturbing, and profoundly humbling experience."

I am not against Suboxone. If you like it, then that is fine. I do not want to take away your suboxone. But I am fully ready to admit that I am ready to turn all your friends clean, and they will no longer be your friends. If you work with me, you are not allowed to talk with drug addicts :) If you want to stop, then there is a way.

You only have one life, so I imagine after a few years you would want to be off the Suboxone. The goal is to be clean, eventually. Like me :)

Post subject: liar
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:37 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

liar. well, it sounds like you have an agenda. especially from the second to last paragraph. you are a hop, skip and a jump from blatently pushing iboga and should be banned. oh, this is your first post i see. iboga is nothing more than an addiction interupter. since, this thread I have personally talked with two addicts that have taken iboga. both have said that iboga does nothing but"interupt' the addiction and WDs and PAWS come back with vengance. Both were on methadone and dropped to extremely low doses before the Tx. I my friend detoxed in a jail cell off 120mg cold turkey. After 5 months , I started using again. I was a 12stepper and it stopped working FOR ME. but to get on here, and say you should not be on here(i agree) and it sure sounds as if youre pushing. i would love to have access to yourPM box because im sure your fishing. your post was not too outa line until that 2nd to last paragraph- not to mention, you didn't even introduce your self- you just come on here and post on such a 'hot topic'hrrrmmm :?: also,once an addict always an addict- both addicts i personally talked with about iboga couldn't stress this ENOUGH. one is a 12 stepper, the other relapsed after taking a second flood dose , amino acid cocktails etc. also, teacher, what qualifications do you have...just your own subjective experience?here to educate, eh?

diary of a quitter: please refrain from deleting this post.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:52 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

also, your whole darn post is filled with leading comments....who are you to tell me what I would be doing if? PM Laddertripper, shes into this

btw, pal, i like me and i sure wouldn't want to be like you...listen to yourself...if you work with me, you can no longer talk with addicts. LOL. can I no longer talk to my mother, dr. junig, my shrink? jerk :evil:

no wonder . youre a provider. of course you have an agenda and should be banned. you can't troll this forum and try and "advertise" your servise and biased info. sure you have all those utube links that are pro iboga and you know of a dr nash....get outa here...this thread is doing more harm than good

Diary of a Quitter: please refrain from deleting OR moving my post.

Last edited by indigochild on Thu May 12, 2011 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

indigochild -

I think you need to take a deep breath and maybe step away from this topic for a while and get some perspective. The tone of your post is aggressive and accusatory and you are engaging in namecalling, ad-hominen attacks.

Ibgoahelp has not broken any rules and he has not said anything that would merit him being banned.

You are welcome to respectfully disagree with his post. If you have factual information about Ibogaine that you would like to post, you are welcome to do so. If you have firsthand experience that you would like to share, you are welcome to do that as well. I get that you are passionate about this issue, and I appreciate the fact that you care, but that doesn't give you an excuse to be rude or to make accusations.

Ibogaine is not a banned topic on this forum. There are several other threads about Ibogaine besides this one. It seems to me that people on the forum are curious about this subject and people want to talk about it. No one here has spammed the forum with pro-ibogaine links and as far as I know no one is soliciting for any particular Ibogaine provider. If it is happening via PM, I haven't heard about it. No one has PM'd me to complain that they were solicited via PM...so either it isn't happening, or people don't have a problem with it.

If you have any further questions about this, please contact me via PM. I'd like to get this thread back on topic, thanks.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:48 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Indigochild.

If I threw you a life jacket, would you call me an asshole?

We are cool. Ok? I dont know anyone on this board. I have all the information on the website and the youtube videos. If I dont refer, then I would have to cut and paste. That would not be nice. If it was a business, I would not come here. This is just to offer information to this thread because it is about Iboga.

Working in Vietnam, I could afford to make myself fully addicted to pure heroin. That went on for years. Every day, I just spoke to large crowds of people and shot heroin in the bathroom. I will not assume to know who you are, but I am certain we are very different people, coming from very different places.

After I took Ibogaine, I wanted to tell the world about it. Being an addict was slavery for me. When I told people what happened to me, the first thing they wanted to do was argue. Just like now. I would tell people how difficult it was to get off of 120mg of methadone, and that Iboga made it all stop. People would basically say, "Yea, but I've never heard of it, so maybe there needs to be some tests first." I did not know how to respond to it. I was not bringing up a topic for debate. I was telling a true story about my experience. I was a professional heroin addict, then it was done because of this medicine. "Why doesn't everybody know about this?!" I dont see anywhere where I am arguing a point. Ibogaine is not on trial. It works. Every time I have administered it, or assisted somebody else, it has worked.

So I made videos trying to teach. Then I made videos of other people. Then I made the website. If you search around, there is not a lot of information about Iboga, and much of it is outdated. To keep this a secret to myself would have been morally wrong. If I dont make the videos, then nobody will. I am trying my best to help you. You dont have to come to me. You can take it with somebody else. Or not take it at all. That is fine too. Nobody will force you to take it.

Indigochild, you asked if you could hang out with a mother and thrapist who are substance abusers, after you have taken Iboga. The answer is no, you can not. If you are a mother and daughter using together, then you should be apart regardless of the Iboga.
But the honest answer is, you can do anything you want, and I cant stop you. I ask for verbal commitments from people. I have no control over them. I do not want control. That would defeat the whole purpose. The whole point of taking Iboga is freedom. It is a chance for people to make their own life choices without the opiates. You make a list of the things that you want in life that are prevented by the opiates, then you use Iboga to help you make those dreams happen. I think that is a very beautiful thing.

Oh, and here is an advertisement for my business. If you take the medicine, you could end up vomiting for hours while you dream about painful memories. There is nothing like it in the world. It is NOT easy. It is not 'painful', but it is damn uncomfortable and it lasts for days. There is a catchy slogan in there somewhere. Sold yet?

Post subject: iboga
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:48 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I've seen your videos and read your site. I've seen people like you. I feel so tall next to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I concur with Indigochild.

First of all it doesn't take a Genuis to work out the ibohelp can be a Provider. We are entitled to our views and instincts, it's not insulting but merely giving our views. I mean why would they mention "I can get you off addiction" obviously they are providoers of some sort. Ive seen iboga hels websites and there are many contradictions there. You never said you been abroad on your blog and here your talking about Vietnam? Your from the UK aren't you ibogahelp? your site is heroinjunkie blog right? because this articile is on your blog claiming to be the athor, if thats so why would you post his considering you took many iboga flood doses and boosters and relapsed? it just doesn make any sense. The thing with addicts is that whatever works for them to be clear headed for a short while they boast about it and advertise it, not realizing it will come to an end sooner or later, at least wait a month or 2 before making judgment. Many times we see folks who use iboga become advertisors of them, all praising it and even pushing it to other addicts, but when the metabolites wear off they are nowhere to be seen, I think its quite embarassing and naive. Can one really trust and believe an addict ? do you really trust an addict or so-called ex-addict who goes on about miricile cures and anything that helps them? Fact is iboga-ibogaine does not do anything for suboxone users and to some extent methadone users, thats a 99% certainty. Trust me and believe me on this. I have no reason to make this statement. But take my word for it. If anything it does you more harm then good, your brain receptors are messeed up and there is talk about depression from iboga staying with you for a very long time if not life.

I have met 6 people personally who use iboga for methadone, suboxone/subutex, cocaine and heroin. All of them except the cocaine user relapsed because of sever post acute syndrome. The cocaine user actually went on methadone so I dont know if you call that a relapse as he never did methadone before. He claimed in his own words he had cravings. We don't have any gain by giving our views about ibogae, but people want to give other folks 2 sides of the coin. How many people do you really see who do ibogoa stay clean for 3 to 6 months? particularly suboxone-methadone users. Its merely a palcebo effect, if anything when the iboga methobiles wear off your easily prone to extreme depression, because iboga is a stimulant so it comes as a shock.

Its dangerous to give misinformation to people. An addict will be vulnreble and would jump on any train which he/she thinks its a way out of addiction, they have high expections and dont think ahead, so thats one of the reasons I believe folks relapse. The acute withdrawals from heroin and other short acting opiates are much much much different from long acting opiates, bear this in mind people, so when iboga is used for long acting opiates its very gruelling and folks need to do 5-6 flood doses with boosters, and nobody can really afford that, even then its no guarantee PAWS will be vanquished. The withdrawals from suboxone-methadone and long drawn out affair, like I said not the intensity but the duration, and iboga simply doesnt go hand in hand with suboxone. Thats a fact from majority of people's experiences. If anything PAWS are extended and depression is extreme after iboga, more extreme then if folks never did iboga and just cold turkeyed from suboxone. There is evidence all over the Internet of folks relapsing after iboga when used for suboxone, and to some extent methadone. I think its embarasssing folks getting on the iboga train so quick, I feel sorry that they be mislead and have to waste so much money. Just grow some dignity and taper the substance and take it from there.

Like I said many times folks make your own mind, so some research, its a very good reason its not legalized or popular in many civlized developing countries. There are also countless deaths which we have not heard about, it clearly states on some iboga websites that havign ECG/EKG, blood count, liver test etc does not always show hidden issue or any health issue and many folks have died even with all the health-screen tests available, and sometimes its covered up by the practioners. Did you know you have to sign a form stating you will not hold the practioner responsible if you die? you have to sign where it states in the possibilty of death etc so and so. So be folks be realistic and wake up. Do your families proud, do your loved ones justice, and being gullible taking risk with your life, depression and PAWS is not going to solve, if will just extend. Rest is up to you people. Dont say I told you so.

Be well folks and I do genuinely wish you the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Indigochild, seriously....what is wrong with you? You are so angry and aggressive and hateful. I'm sorry for you, but please leave me out of this. I'm not 'into' Ibogaine simply because I am open to hearing about it. It's called having an open mind. You should try it some time. You may find some peace. In the meantime, please use your manners!!

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

"First of all it doesn't take a Genuis" ---Blood_Xcalibur

I like that. It is an ironical spelling error, and I find that amusing.

If you were wrong about some of your information, would you maybe consider that you are wrong about other things?
You really think I am from the UK? I see that you frequently accuse people of creating two profiles. I can put that to rest now:
youtube channel named ibogahelp . I still cant post urls. It is 45 minutes of me talking.
I am the person in the bulk of the videos, but there are 3 other people who are each in their own video. One of them was taking Suboxone before she took Iboga. She was 5 months clean at the making of the video. I saw her at 8 months clean, and she was doing great. The gentleman has been clean for 3 years from heroin and cocaine. The third took Iboga for depression about 5 months prior to the video. Then there is myself, who took Iboga from 120mg of Methadone. These handful of videos represent the conclusion of Ibogaine treatments for Heroin, Cocaine, Methadone, Suboxone, and for depression.

I only have videos, text, and the experience to know how it works. But does that compete with your "I once heard of a friend of a friend"? Perhaps you sir/mam are the person who is doing damage. You are way off about a lot.

heroinjunkie and I dont have much in common. I have never spoken with him. I dont know him. I dont know how you put it together that we are the same person. Our stories are not even similar. We dont even look alike. I'm sorry, but I must bring your ability to research into question. It think it discredits your ability to give advice and information. Sorry I had to go there, but you dont know much about Iboga at all.
"Trust me trust me trust me... yet I have never even seen seen Iboga."? That is not helpful. That is nothing.

Next thing, I certainly mention being in Asia. It is on the webpage ibogahelp, called "opiates and I", in about the 4th paragraph.
(cant post the link)

I thought I was very clear about this. I provide information, and I also administer Iboga and Ibogaine to people. Yes, I am a provider. I have a website (did that give it away? Or was it when I said that I provide it to people in my post?). I dont think anyone was struggling with that. That seemed veiled to you?

Ok, I am not in the habit if discrediting people point by point, so I will just stop now.

Ibogaine certainly works. I've already gone over this part. Ibogaine is not on trial. There is no 'other viewpoint'. It would be like a group of people saying Penicillin doesn't work. Why would I debate you about that? You think I am from the UK? Really?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:27 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

laddertipper wrote:
Indigochild, seriously....what is wrong with you? You are so angry and aggressive and hateful. I'm sorry for you, but please leave me out of this. I'm not 'into' Ibogaine simply because I am open to hearing about it. It's called having an open mind. You should try it some time. You may find some peace. In the meantime, please use your manners!!

laddertipper

\
mind my manners? i'm showing you the 'other side' so you can have an open mind. if you like fiction you are reading the correct thread :)

Post subject: What is your experience?
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Indigo

What is your experience with Ibogaine that makes you an authority that this is all crazy? As a suboxone user I would listen to someone on suboxone that had to say the things that you say......but I am having a hard time understanding why you are so negative about this but not about suboxone. If you have tried ibogaine it makes it more believable that we should adhere to what you have to say based on your experience but right now I am not getting that. If I missed something please correct me because I don't get it. It's like someone talking about suboxone and you jumping in with all this don't believe it stuff.......if you have had an experience with ibogaine.....share it with us.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:05 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Is this going to go through?

I am heroinjunkie!... and im pissed that my blog has been bought into this argument.. I only found out by looking at the backlinks on my blog stats...!

Im not advising people take it, i just documented my experiences with it and iv'e been taking opiates half my life!

Methadone/Suboxone/MS contin/Oxy blah de blah

Heroin mainly...

Ibo works for acute WD but PAWS are an issue especially with the LAO's

I didnt get the depression after Ibo that I did post methadone and sub taper.. so the bit about it 'causing' depression is bollocks.. whoever posted that.. !

I was near suicidal after a 18 month methadone taper... compared to ibogaine id take the ibo any day, it's a walk in the park..!

In the future people quoting my blog as evidence Iboga doesnt work please don't take it out of context.. (indigochild) - who by the way having skim read this thread seems to have a major attitude problem and could probably do with a dose of Ibo or some mind opening substance rather than sitting on your suboxone high horse and slating everyone elses experiences.. it's called tolerance... guess it comes with age.

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:22 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

i'm thirty-one and you people that have skimmed it don't get it. propably because you skimmed it, my message was lost , and this thread is so ridiculously off topic, it needs to be deleted. also, i love suboxone. i don't take it, though...so you new ones to the thread; just move along....talk about poetry and not my anger issues;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:06 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey all,

I did stop coming here since it seem that all I got was crap and nothing was done about it. But then I got a call wondering what was going on and what did I say to start crap here. I didnt say anything that was not true nor did I want to deal with crap for sharing. Some guy came on here saying I was this person or that person... so I said hell with this site. I never felt welcome except by a few. It was those few why I kep posting.

Well... I dont care who believes me or not. I am still going good. I did take a booster recently and feeling wonderful. That booster I really didnt feel except maybe some extra energy for a day or two then I was back to my normal self. I am NOT dealing with paws today.. I do excerise as I was told, I eat well, stay away from candy and such and have to say that was very easy. Strange how now I want to eat right. Its not like I dont have to work at my soberity... I do. Not do to physical stuff but hell, I didnt grow up one inch while on dope. Sub also held me back from facing the world as it truely is. I see this so clearly now. I see the world thru totally different eyes today. I do have bad days like everyone else, even non addicts. I do every now and then have sleepless nights. But all and all I can not ask for more then what Ibogaine gave me.

I want to thank those that tried to stick up for me... not that I care what some folks say about iboga or me. If it is not for you then DONT DO IT. That simple. It was for me and I dont regret it one oz. It saved my life and make my recovery process doable.

I am not a provider... I wish I could but to tell you the truth I think I would be to scared that something would go wrong. I am also not in the medical field and just dont think I am qualified. BUT I will continue to share my story and pass it on.

So for my update.... I am still clean other then taking a booster. I will also say.. if I had to do iboga every yr to remain clean I surely would do it. If I have to take a booster every three mo to keep the paws at a tolerable level I will do that also. It is my choice, my life and I am willing to take the conquecenes for my choices as we all have to do. Work is going great, home life is wonderful, sex life is more then I can ask for and my wife is very happy with how we are getting to know each other again. We are lucky enough to be going on a second honey moon here shortly. My kids...well they have Daddy back and I have them back. I could not be happier.

this indogo person is a sad person. I feel for him/her. I wouldnt want to be in his shoes and thankful of inner peace. I wish for him/her inner peace.

Birdie

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:15 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I don't need you to pray or do some drum voodoo dance for me. im fine, birdie

Post subject: the science...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:44 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

the thing about ibogaine is that in research and cumulative reports, generally people go back to opiates within 30 days. there is significant activation of the kappa opiod receptor and is a NMDA receptor agonist so this is thought to help mitigate the withdrawal that people tend to feel coupled with a significantly long half life of the medication.

i would be wary of underground practitioners. it's still a very very shady and gray area. there are clinics outside of the u.s. but have fun scrapping up the 5 grand for it. might as well go to africa and actually see the bwiti people themselves.

NIDA has ceased all funding of testing proposals for ibogaine treatment.

there is some renewed interest, however, so perhaps we may see a method or derivative of this substance.

none of this is to knock OP. ibogaine is of great interest to myself as well and personally i'm not sure the risks outweigh the benefits. there is a recorded death due to ibogaine in research.

anyway, congrats on your sobriety.

there's my two cents.

-a

Post subject: That was not science
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

For anyone who wants actual science:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUPFHF8khxY

According to this small sample, done by a respected doctor (Kenneth R. Alper, M.D), his results concluded that 61% of the people were abstinent from drugs for more than 2 months. 29% used drugs in the first 2 months, and 10% of the participants could not be determined. This sample is very small, but there are other studies that reflect similar results. Please seek out this information. There are NOT any studies that reflect what powerballad said, that people generally relapse in 30 days. That is not correct, and harmful to people who are looking for help.

A physicist recently said, "If anyone tells you that they know what electricity is, he is a damn liar. Nobody knows what it is!" The physiological action of Ibogaine is like nothing else. Many people, who have no experience with it, try to make guesses about which receptor Ibogaine works on, but the fact is that nobody knows how it works. It certainly works over the entire body, and it is not just psychoactive. Just like electricity, we have a basic understanding of what happens when you use it, and how to use it, but nobody really knows why it ends withdrawal, and causes such powerful self reflection. I can assure you that if it does hit the opiate receptor, it does not create anything like opiate-euphoria. It is rather uncomfortable.

I DO agree that you should investigate as many providers as you can. Talk with them and get a feel for how comfortable you are. I would not go so far as to say, "be wary of underground practitioners", because for the most part, they are a good group of people. And also, you dont really have a choice. Either you go to the clinics, the underground, or you dont take it. It is not for everyone.

My goal is to motivate people to research. Nobody will ever force anyone to take Ibogaine. It doesn't work that way. Ibogaine is not a threat to you or your Suboxone. Ibogaine is not for people who want to take Suboxone. It is for people who want to stop opiates.

Thank you all for reading this. Telling people about Ibogaine is the right thing to do.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next