It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I know this goes a little off topic but i just wanted to share my story.. someone might get something out of it. My DOC was Percocets..anything above 10mg..I have 4 daughters and never had a problem with any type of drugs till after i had my third daughter.. all throughout my 4th pregnancy i used.. i couldnt stop.. i barely knew anything about suboxone at the time so it wasnt really an option for me.. i used quite a bit due to my tolerance being so high. I tried many times to stop but couldnt get through the withdrawal and was actually scared to withdrawal because of the pre-term labor i read about when you put yourself through withdrawal.. inpatient of any kind wasnt an option due to have 3 other children ages 2-6 and being a single mother with barely any support from anyone.. anyhow im all over the place but back to the story.. i used ALOT.. I mean to the point that i had to take 4 perc 10s when i woke up in the morning just to not withdrawal.. Believe me i was terrified my whole pregnancy about what i had done to my baby and what she might go through but i couldnt bring myself to tell my doctor and i dont know why.. all i could think was no one would help me and they would just call CPS and the baby plus my other children would be taken.. i just couldnt tell anyone. July 18th 2010..5:28pm my daughter was born 7lbs. 3oz... and she was a beautiful healthy baby with not one single W/D symptom to my knowledge.. i breastfed her while using because they gave me percs in the hospital afterwards and they told me it was fine to breastfeed while taking them so i didnt think nothing of it..when my daughter was 3 months old i went on suboxone about a month later i started weaning her from breastfeeding... now i dont know if my daughter wasnt addicted when she was born or if by breastfeeding she was getting the percocet which kept her from withdrawaling then the suboxone and by me weaning her from breastfeeding i was actually weaning her off the subs, all i know is i have a beautiful baby girl that i thank god everyday is healthy.. god gave me a miracle and i will never go back to using again.. i hope someone gets something out of this and it helps someone in some way... I was extremely lucky everything worked out and I wish I would have had some type of knowledge back then to helpme and thats why i wanted to share my story.. thx for listening :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for sharing your story. I can't imagine how hard it was for you during your pregnancy wondering about the health of your baby and not being able to stop using. You have been blessed with a healthy baby girl and God gave you a second chance to be a good mom. I hope you stay on the sub.
Percs are also my DOC and I am also a mom of 4, although i went through my last pregnancy on bupenorphine. I still take it and I am still breastfeeding my 9-month-old. Like you, I didn't tell my midwife or any other physician I was on it and was actually so scared of CPS that I had a home birth and my DH and I watched for signs of NAS on our own.
isn't having 4 kids just madness and awesome at the same time? :)