It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

for those of you trying to get off an opiate dependency, i want to share my story. I spent about eight years addicted to Vicodin, then Oxycontin, suboxone etc. I would chart out a tapering schedule and go through misery until it became unbearable, then use again. I had hidden this from my wife, who thought i just kept getting bad flu every few months. one day she found my pills.Many of them were pre-crushed so i could snort them, so i couldnt pretend they were just antidepressants! The next day we were in a meeting with the Waismann method, a rapid detox institute in LA. A few days later i left their hospital facility clean!! i had spent years trying to rid myself of this horrible dependency, and they did it like magic. I do not work for them but am a former patient and, if youre ready to reclaim your life, i suggest you give them a call..From what i understand they have the highest sucess rate of getting people clean from prescription drugs ( opiates). I have heard various reports of them, and some i admit i look at with extreme suspicion, having undergone their therapy. As far as the process itself, i think they basically induce two weeks of withdrawals while you sleep. It took a little while longer for my regularity to sort itself out, but that was heaven compared to the almost monthly cycle of withdrawals i had. I dont know all the medical stuff or insurance/cost ( my wife did it) so if youre interested call. They treated me compassionately and with respect i felt i didnt deserve. I just want to put this out there so people can make an informed choice if they want to get off opiates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sounds too good to be true, so it probably is. Most opiate addicts relapse. Think about it.. You took opiates for 8 years and in a few days its all over. You'd have to be thinking about opiates still even after all of that.

Stopping opiates is easy really.. Staying off of them is not easy at all. Thats the hard part. The withdrawal is bad, but its not the most awful thing. I couldn't imagine a bad barbituate or benzo withdrawal, which is much worse from what I've read. But to the point, its really not as hard as I thought it would be when I stopped, but staying stopped was almost impossible, well it wasn't possible. I had pretty bad PAWS, and every day was miserable.

Post subject: sorry to hear that
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:49 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

James- sirry you had problems..For me personally i think it was more of a physical dependency than a psychological addiction. Although im a recovering alchoholic, the Oxy didnt really do anything for me. For the last few years i was snorting just enough to keep the wds at bay. In the end it was every couple of hours! As soon as i was off that was it for me. I do agree that there should be serious therapy, meetings etc after the fact, but for me the only reason i stayed on it so long was i couldnt stand the withdrawals...I also think that you dont need an addictive personality to become dependent on opiates, your body thinks it needsd them regardless of what your mind wouls rather..are you still using? sorry its a struggle for you, i hope it all works out, and if youre trying to quit or stay sober, good luck :D

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: oops
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:52 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

forgot to mention i am two years clean in July..Also im not sure most opiate addicts relapse ( you may be right of course) but the literature at Waismann said they have a 72% success rate after one year..i assume they cannot say that if its not true..Dunno what the relapse figures are for longer tho..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey..

I'd say the same for me too. Was it an addiction? Maybe. It was all prescriptions for pain. I suffer from chronic pain (chronic pancreatitis). I didn't ever shoot or snort a pill. Did I abuse them? A little bit. I took too many sometimes, thats why I went to Suboxone. I never got up to real high doses either. I really didn't like the withdrawal I had every morning (I was on percocet 6 tabs/day prescribed, nothing time release). I wanted to try Suboxone for pain as well as get rid of that withdrawal. It did help the pain some, and definitely helped the withdrawal.

I never really liked the high that much. Yeah, it was nice sometimes, but sometimes it wasn't. I was trying to escape the pain as well. A friend of mine who was a recovering heroin addict said shooting heroin/oxycontin 'was like a 4 hour orgasm'. I told him, "Wow, you have lame orgasms!". I never thought opiate high was THAT great. Sometimes, I'd have a high where I'd have panic attacks and fear, boy what fun that was. I don't drink alcohol, maybe smoked pot 10 times in my life, never did acid, coke, speed or anything like that. My parents did enough of that. My dad was a doctor (anesthesiologist, what a suprise), and he would use opiates. My mom told me he got her hooked on Demerol a few times, he was shooting her up. She did coke IV. Imagine my teenage years. Mom in and out of treatment, dad committed suicide. My moms 'friends' stole everything we owned (including our clothes! Isnt that f*cking sick?). I HATED drugs. I found out a friend of mine sold my dad coke, so, I bought from him, for the police. Thats how much I hated drugs. It killed my father and nearly killed my mother.

One time when I wasn't tolerant about 2 years ago (right before the pain got real real bad). I was given a 10mg oxycontin. I took the thing, and I had about 8 hours of extreme panic! Before you ask, it was definately oxycontin. I said to myself, "I'll never, ever ever ever take that crap again!"

I've had many times I've been on opiates and it wasn't an issue. Surgeries in places where the sun doesn't shine for instance.. Imagine stitches on your junk when you're 18 years old. I had wisdom teeth pulled at 31 years old, and had to be 'reopened' 3 times. I was on heavy duty hydrocodone (80mg/day) the whole time. Stopped after 2 months of use and didn't even twitch.

I had pancreatitis the first time after an ERCP and the pain was so bad I can't even begin to describe to you what its like, even with 2mg dilaudid IV every 2 hours. I shake thinking about how much it hurt. It was constant severe sharp pain that took your breath away. I knew that the opiates would lead to dependency, but I didn't care. It beat the alternative at the time. I thought about ending it all it hurt so bad. The pain never went away, but its about maybe 10-20% of what it was after the first attack. Sometimes it gets severe and it can be so bad I've actually passed out from the pain. How does one deal with something like that? I'd give anything to go back and ditch that ERCP.. If I only knew...