It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:03 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey guys!! Just signed up, and I want to say thank you ahead of time for all the help

I started my induction phase on Monday. I was on Methadone, 27 mg. I started out at 8 mg on Monday, and felt what I thought was precipitated w/d, having experienced them in the past. Called my clinic, they stated that the crossover to subs can be tough, etc etc. After not sleeping for two days, I bumped up to 16 mg yesterday, but I am STILL feeling achy joints (RLS, arms etc) hot/cold lots of sweating, etc. I was able to sleep last night, albeit fitfully. My question I guess is, I do know that the transition is different for everyone, but how long can I honestly expect to be feeling w/d from the methadone, as I do know about the half life of methadone and such? Any help is appreciated, thank you!!

Post subject: almost a placebo
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi tgreeson80.
I thought that subox was a placebo, when I inducted, 3 years ago, and had some pretty uncomfortable days until comming good after about ten days. Twitchen sweaty shitty days, that ease, and then you come good, really good! Plenty of energy, straight and alive. If you have got sleep it should get better from there on and those aches will fade away to nothing.
Best of Luck
Oh, and give the crushed pills plenty of time to disovle- ~10 minutes

Post subject: sb to mdone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

tgreeson80,

waz up?

I read your post the reply from stargazer, I hope you are feeling better since you first posted.

Each person may have various effects switching from mdone to subs.

There is a thread on called "my switch".

You may find some info there helpful since there are many thousand replies to this thread I wrote above.

You can use search at top to find the thread or look under metahdone maintentance I think.

The owner of that thread is very knowledgeable about sub and mdone. He goes by Bboy, as they refer to him here in short. Maybe PM him and ask him directly you question(s).

I do know that most likely your opiate receptors are filled with primarily mdone, and it will take a while as you know since the half life of mdone if very long.

The h/l of sub is around 32-37 hours according to where you read.

I have been taking suboxone for over a month now, after years of using very strong opiates, it took me about week to feel the benefits of the suboxone. My cpd started me on a drug called subutek, it has no naloxone it it, I used it a few days to let the opies clear out of my system b4 starting the suboxone sl strips.

I have read on this forum and others that w/ suboxone "less is best", I think they mean that since suboxone has a ceiling effect, sometimes people have better pain relief using as little as 1/8 of an 8mg strip.

I used OTC pp's such as Aleve, Tylenol to help with my pain, and still do.

It may not be easy to swith from mdone to suboxone, but it sounds like yuor dosage of mdone was not real high if taken as directed.

Warm baths helped me too, as did reading on this forum for many hours on end, this reading helped pass time and helped me keep my mind off of strong opies too!

As far as disolvling the strips, I was told by my doc to let the strip set under tongue for 15 minutes and then if I could to swish the saliva around for another 15 was evenb better. He said that this lets more bupe gets absorbed. I sure noticed a difference in time b4 drinking or even smoking helped to effectiveness of the suboxone also.

Give it time, could get rough I know, But[fade] Hang in there[/fade], with time the suboxone will work better for you, not only do you have to let the receptors clogged with mdone clear, slowing but surely, the sub will take effect, and If I can help you by providing links to your questions, I will do my best.

Sincerely

boxer

Synonyms:

UM-952;Lepetan;rx6029m;Subutex;Temgesi;Buprenex;NIH-8805;Temgesic;CL-112302;Buprenorfin

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:14 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi. I saw your post and I truly feel bad for those that are going through this feeling of anxiety, stress, and disorder. I want to share with you how I did it and how my outcome was VERY different than yours. My only tool for wisdom to shed light on the topic of switching from methadone to sub is this website here. I am naturally a very anxious person, I always have been. Now when it came down to making the switch, after reading many stories of very painful experiances, my anxiety was through the roof. Anyways, When I was on methadone, I never went higher than 45mgs. I did not get my methadone from a Dr, instead, one of my family members was my constant supply. When I first started methadone, I would typicaly use 45mgs per day. With this dose, I would feel ok for the first couple hours but then I would get extremely tired and would nod off. So of course being the drug addict that I am, I went in search of something that would mask the effect of the sleepiness feeling. To make a long story a little shorter I found adderall. This is where my real problem started. Mixing the two gave me a feeling of extreme pleasure. It was great while it lasted. But you know how that goes. Adventually I needed 50 mgs of adderral and another 50 to maintain the "high". My life got so rediculous and I finally made the switch. I went exactly 68 hours be fore my induction. I have the 8mg films of sub. I started off with 1mg and waited an hour. At first it didnt have much effect. It wasnt a better feeling or a worse feeling, which is a good thing from what ive read. From then on, I was "in the clear" as they say. No pwd's. So after that, I put another 2mg under my tounge, nervously. From then on i have felt better and better as time went on. I know that you are at the point of no return but i hope this message finds those who are searching for information before they make the jump. START SMALL and work your way up. Once you decide to take 8 or 16mgs there aint no comin back. My withdrawl symptoms before i dosed were as follows: anxiety, goosebumps, hot/cold sweats, sleepless nights, and not being able to lay still for over 30 seconds. I kinda knew that the right time had come. Remember, start small and work your way up. Give the suboxone time to take effect, an hr and a half between doses. And NEVER take more than 2 mg incriments at a time. Hit me up on the message bored if ya need to. Hope this message will help someone with questions.