It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:08 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I really would like an answer to this question. Suboxone has really helped my life, in 5 months i have successfuly gotten a degree, a job, and soon a car. But this anger, frustration,aggravation,headaches, and body aches are making me really really hard for anyone to be around.
So when i first started suboxone my doctor was a bit of a d*ck. he was wonderful the first day, i had stopped my **r*** use cold turkey and week 2 i got to see him. After month 1 i came up dirty for coca-cola and w**d which....i had NOT used? month 2 showed the same, and month three- just w**D.

i had not been very active, but i had not gone anywhere. Because i came up "dirty" i went from 16mg a day, to 12mg, to 8 mg, to a half a strip and maybe this weird 1/8 sliver? idk but he told me to go somewhere else. The new sub doc, day 1 pee tested me, 100% clean.
yeah i know wtf but neither here nor there....
I asked to be put on 8mg a day. half in a.m half in p.m. I honestly felt best when i took a half in am, half at noon, and half at pm. but because of the cost of the drug i figured i could deal with one strip.

So the anger was pretty bad when i was tapered 4mg every month, and im not sure why seeing as some people have been tapered 2mg every 2 weeks, but the point is this sweating.

When i wakeup in the morning i feel like my spine has been replaced with a wooden board. My jaw hurts, my head, my eyes feel like they are moving for the first time in years. sometimes i wakeup in a cold sweat, like i did when i detoxed. but not really the same degree. Throughout the day my face gets flushed if the heat is on. butterly wings on my cheeks. at meetings, people probably think i was drinking or something because i flushed when i drank too. but the bodily overheating is so bad, i got follicultis which got infected from being all sweaty and clothes rubbing on the bumps. i drink coffee, and everyone says thats it. but i dont think so. i drink water as well. If anyone has any answers id love a reply. i hate going to the doctors around me because they tend to just judge you and blame it on your past or hey, sometimes the choices we make blah blah blah

im not paying 200 dollars for a pretentious jerk to grace me with his ignorance.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Eagle,

Welcome welcome welcome! Glad bup helped turn things around for you. More will come along soon w more support and thoughts to better help!

In the meantime, I am wondering if you'd be open to provide a short chronological post on the bup change -- of what happened when... I've read your post several times and am perhaps a bit slow to figure it out. Its helpful for us to know more. So 5 mos on bup? Films? What is the time period from 16mg to 8mg and how long have you been on 8mg? Are you still on 8? And taking 4mg 2xs/day? but feel the need for more? More info can help us best help you on dosing and timing, if thats the issue. Also, not ime, but folks have complained of sweating on opiates, including bup.

In addition to the above, and thinking of all your symptoms... Hmmm.... What comes to mind is when I entered rehab, we all had to be tested for tuberculosis. Folks that used, especially w rigs, were at risk. A cough is not required. Sweating, stiff back, headaches, feeling crappy can be symptoms. We had a guy here recently that was sure all his symptoms stemmed from bup. Posters here implored him to get a medical workup. Turns out he had TB and is now receiving treatment.

I did read where you are not enamored w doctors, but, my 2 cents is for you to get a full medical checkup... Wishing you my best, P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

yes-- because your symptoms are not typical. Everyone has 'sweats' when taking opioids, whether heroin, oxycodone, methadone, or buprenorphine. But not usually to the degree that you describe-- unless you are engaging in hyperbole. You are also writing in code-- but you don't need to here. True, we don't appreciate posts about getting around good health, or about finding ways to get off... but if you tested positive for cocaine, you can use the full word. Otherwise we are all left guessing!

You used the term 'butterfly wings on your cheeks'-- a term that is used by doctors to describe patients with lupus. Again, I'm not sure if you truly have that pattern on your face-- but with lupus, the redness does not appear and then disappear, but rather stays on the face for weeks. If you have redness on your face in that pattern, for a long time, you need to see a physician. If you just got red on your cheeks for minutes or hours, you likely just had the 'hot flashes' that most people have, when on opioids.

Feel free to share, as there is a great deal of experience here. The more specific you are, the easier it will be for people to help.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just wanted to add that yeah, opiates always made me sweat and sub did too. Some people get the sweating much worse than others. It was all worth it though. I stayed at 8mg for 4 years and tapered slowly for almost 2 years after that. The sweating got better and better as I tapered and now I don't sweat like crazy for the past year+ post suboxone. I really do feel your pain about it! I remember only trying to go to meetings that had good A/C 8). Something that helped me was when I was told not to worry, most people at the meetings are probably busy thinking about themselves!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:31 am 

I have heard of people getting angry when they are trying to taper off sub.

I have never, before now, heard of anger as a symptom of buprenorphine. I don't think that your symptoms are well explained by you being on bupe. I wish I could be more helpful!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:54 am 

The sweating and hot flashes lasted a good bit when I first started sub treatment and I'd honestly be a little paranoid about it in public places too but it definitely went away but I never experienced any of the other symptoms ur describing. Luckily u got a response from suboxdoc and I'd take his advice 100%. I also never have became angry.

When some ppl enter treatment and stop their drug of choice, they start to notice health and mental issues that were overlooked during active addiction. I started noticing major stomach issues after entering treatment that I always assumed was caused by my lovely withdrawal while I was using. Instead of blaming it on suboxone, I'm almost positive it's hernia related. So there's all kinds of things we look over when our minds are focused on our next fix each day. Definitely get checked out by ur gp doctor.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:03 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I did get a lot of blood tests done, and I guess I acquired hep c. I understand this IS a serious health issue, but I have had many tests done and it is basically just in my body for the moment. My viral load is not high- meaning the disease has progressed but. For now it isn't doing anything. The doctor told me that for some people it goes away, but for me she doubts it will- it is just progressing slowly. Could be seven years. Could be five. Could be two.
I am not blaming suboxone for all of this, I have noticed suboxone somewhat helps the sweating...when I take it. Unfortunatly, doctors seem to just blame the hep c and suboxone for everything and tell me not to worry about it. Since that last post, however. I now am experiencing odd acne-like bumps. Almost contact dermatitis looking, but I believe they are a result of my excessive sweating/heat rash. I know a doctor is the best idea. But seeing as eventually my "cure" is a $1,000 dollar pill a day... I don't enjoy how it almost seems doctors take advantage of my disease and have me go through really expensive testing! I did the whole shabang once, like my mom said "they need the information" but. When they called and said they needed to do it all again? I don't think it's fair for me to pay for another x-Ray etc etc because they didn't do it right the first time.

I guess, has anyone experienced dehydration? I figured maybe I am not drinking enough. My eyes don't move very well and I am seeing colors wrong. It is all honestly just frustrating, not debilitating.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So glad you got blood tests done and sorry about the hep c. Thanks so much for coming back, truly.

Eagle, you've got to go back and get more tests and get the X ray. They are not asking you back to scam you for $, they are asking you back to see if something is now there that was not there, or barely suggestive last time and may likely show more this time or they have an idea of something else besides hep C and need more tests!

I'm not a doctor and have no medical training. I do not care if I am out on a limb here and scare you bc I want to push you to get help.

Imo, your initial post listed symptoms not accounted for by hep c and instead suggest TB: fever, night sweats, headaches, 'stiff as a board' spine, excessive sweating and the lupus like butterfly rash. Tuberculosis of the skin is not very common and can take a number of forms, including facial skin changes, giving patients a butterfly look. And your new skin and eye symptoms occurring since your last post, also could suggest TB. Look up 'tuberculosis acne like bumps' or 'cutaneous tuberculosis' or 'miliary tuberculosis'. TB can cause eye symptoms like you are experiencing via chorioretinitis. I am unable to share articles referencing all this bc they require a paid subscription.

I hope you go to your MD and ASK to be tested for TB. Although its an uncommon disease in the USA it is seen w drug use. Its not easily discovered in routine blood tests and instead requires a chest X-ray and specific TB tests. If it were me, I'd head to ER with a cough mask and ask to be tested... How ever you do it, please seek out more medical evaluation. Wishing you my best, P