It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Excessive Hunger?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am at the end of a 4.5 year sub stint, now tapered down to .75mg a day. i stay constantly hungry since i got to this point about 6 days ago. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hi
i am not sure as far as suboxone goes. but with other types of addiction i know that when we quit we often over eat "because of boredom" i would assume. because eaiing is gratifying. some people who are lonely or hurting or sad or depressed eat way to much as a gratifiacation type deal. i think alot of it can be completely in our heads. i know smoking is a appetite suppressant of sorts, but when u try to quot u cal feel ridiculously hungry.

anyways, i would suggest to drinlk water constantly. as much as u possibly can. the feeling we get from being thirsty (truly thirsty, as in dehydrated, needing water) is verrrrrrry similar to the feeling we get from hunger (true hunger, not jus craving something).

i dont know the exact reason you feel hungry, but i would be willing to bet if you tried drinking water, consciously thinkng about it, and making urself drink it. even when you dont feel like you wont to.

i would bet. seriously put money on, that if youd do this, youd feel hungry alot less often.

i use to be into bodybuilding, not as a sport anymore jus healthy, but this is taught alot in the sport

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I get like that on any amount of suboxone. My appetite is crazy on 8mg or 4mg or 2mg. My stomach is like a bottom-less pit. Lucky I hit the weights or I'd be one fat dude.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Man wish I was hungry all the time, I think suboxone has the opposite affect on me. I am a chef and when I used for ten years I was hungry all the time, but since I've been clean I've LOST my appetite. Weird. I eat weird things too, hated yogurt up until I got clean, now I eat it every day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

phish6 wrote:
hi
i am not sure as far as suboxone goes. but with other types of addiction i know that when we quit we often over eat "because of boredom" i would assume. because eaiing is gratifying. some people who are lonely or hurting or sad or depressed eat way to much as a gratifiacation type deal. i think alot of it can be completely in our heads. i know smoking is a appetite suppressant of sorts, but when u try to quot u cal feel ridiculously hungry.

anyways, i would suggest to drinlk water constantly. as much as u possibly can. the feeling we get from being thirsty (truly thirsty, as in dehydrated, needing water) is verrrrrrry similar to the feeling we get from hunger (true hunger, not jus craving something).

i dont know the exact reason you feel hungry, but i would be willing to bet if you tried drinking water, consciously thinkng about it, and making urself drink it. even when you dont feel like you wont to.

i would bet. seriously put money on, that if youd do this, youd feel hungry alot less often.

i use to be into bodybuilding, not as a sport anymore jus healthy, but this is taught alot in the sport

I gained tons of weight on sub and I know many others who have...It is such a strong craving, but as you said, I usually mistake it with being thirsty. It is very true. It is hard to drink water when you dont realize you need it but it does help, I am always so thirsty that I just get sick of drinking so much water so I start to ignore it. But even thought drinking helps the food cravings, it is still really hard to down some water instead of eating something delicious.