It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:54 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

For those of you who have followed my little journey or been a part of my recovery in any way, I do not know how to sufficiently thank you. I am on day 13 of suboxone withdrawals and the world is bright and beautiful for the first time in two years! My symptoms have all resided (with the exception of sleep, and lethargy) after jumping off at 1-2 mg after a 4-month-taper from Suboxone. Prior to, I had taken 60-80mg Oxycodone for post-lyme syndrome and neuropathy pain for just under two years. I am finding the little pain I have quite manageable with IBProfen or Tylenol. On day 5, I was finally able to drink, and on day 8 I was able to eat. Today I feel like I begin again, only much more gracious for being here and what may lie ahead.

I will be making a website of my full story, as I took pictures throughout and kept a log. I hope my small contribution will help someone one there, as it is the least I can do and I feel it is my duty.

Thank you once again,
Sara (sbear29) 29/female

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Sara, Great to see you in such good spirits, and welcome to the other side! I'm sure those remaining issues will clear with time, it gets better day by day. I think your doing a website, or a blog, documenting your experience is an excellent idea. The more exposure people have to the issues we face with opiate withdrawal, and how we deal with them, the better. You're positive attitude is an inspiration to myself and others.

Keep posting, and let all of us know how you're doing.

Mike

Post subject: Day 4 off Suboxone
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:11 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi, I am new to this so I am hoping that it will help me out. I have been off suboxone for 4 days now. Prior to that I made it 6 days off and then got 5/2mg from my doc because the withdraws were to much and my job is very stressful. So over the last 12 days I have had a total of 10 mg of suboxone. I have been using suboxone since Sept. 2011. The withdraws are so much worse than coming off loratab. I was abusing loratab for about 3-4 years and thought Suboxone would help me for the better, but I am not so sure. I feel like crap. I can't sleep, I have the sweats and chills all the time, but the depression is the worst. My doc gave me prozac, but that could take a month to start working. I just want to lay around in bed all day and do nothing, but that is not an option for me. Ugh, I just want this to go away. I want to call my doc so bad, but the other part of me just wants to make it through. Any thoughts, advise or anything of that sort will def help me out.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: response to Mike
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Mike,

Thanks so much for the kind words, and for helping me endure this process and not feel alone. I really appreciate all you have shared with me. I hope you're doing well!

Sending positivity,
Sara

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Holy Smokes Sara, you're doing incredibly well. Way to go dude!!

I like the idea of documenting your experience too, I kinda wish I would have done that during my wd.