It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hi Everyone! New here :)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi everyone! I have been doing some research for the past couple weeks because I am trying to find a good tapering method for my sub. and I came across this forum. I was sooo glad to have read that there is life after subs. I'm not saying anything bad about the med because it did help me out ALOT, I am just basically saying that I want to live again without the use of anything! That is my ultimate goal here... Here's my story.. When I was 23 I had my third baby.. I have never had a problem with drugs or being addicted to anything.. I was married since I was 18 followed my husband when he went into the Marine Corps and together we had three children. So as I think about that part of my life I think.. Why can't I be normal like that again?? When I was 24 my mom would give me percocet 5mgs which was like a total heaven to me! The stress of being a mother of three in a "Love less" marriage.. I wanted to not feel anymore.. Next thing you know one pill wasn't enough and on and on I went! Than when I turned 25 years old I went to the dr. because of back pain.. I ended up have a disk issue and had a very generous dr. who gladly gave me 120 perc. 5mg and 80 Oxycontin 10 mgs! WHAT?! In my mind I thought "SCORE" so on and on it went.. I was so numb to any emotion that my husband at the time was having one affair after another.. I think deep down I knew it and the addict in me said "Well who cares you got me" Yea.. Thanks alot! Well it only got worse, I was introduced to "Snorting" pills and it all went down hill. I kept my job, I raised my kids and my house was ALWAYS clean.. BUT it was no way to live, I went through a divorce, and I stopped cold turkey.. Talk about hard but I wasn't losing my kids.. I was a good mom.. Than I relapsed :( I was so angry with myself, lost so much weight and If I wouldn't of ended up going to the sub doc. I would not be here posting today. I have been on Sub for two years and now it's time.. It's time to get back to where I was before in life, I suffer from anxiety and depression too and I have noticed with the taper it's getting bad. I would LOVE any suggestions on what to do. It seems like every time I try an anti depressant now the interaction from the sub makes it work opposite. I tried taking zoloft and I became paranoid and anxious more than I was already.. I just started taking the vitamin B 12.. I have an anti anxiety med that needs to be taken three times a day but I'm extremly nervous about taking it. So right now I am at about 3mg total daily. I take 1.5 in the morning and the other closer to bed time. This is the fifth day. I'm trying to take it very slow to avoid any type of terrible W/D. I know it's coming but I also know it's time to start being "Free" again. Thanks for listening! Any and all advice is very much welcomed!

GOD BLESS!

-J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:49 am 

Hi Seeking! Welcome to the forum! There are some awesome threads here about successful tapering. I'm tapering myself, right now, but I'm not down to 3mg yet. I'm at 6mg/day. I, too, am taking it very slowly to avoid most withdrawal symptoms. I have difficulty with anxiety as well and I've been on fluoxetine (generic prozac) for a few years now. My sub doctor has told me that it is normal to experience depression when I approach jumping off for good. He plans to try me on Wellbutrin when I get to that point, because it acts on brain chemistry in an entirely different way than prozac.

My suggestion to you is to keep trying different meds until you find one that works for you.

Good luck, and again, welcome to the forum!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi there! Thanks so much for the reply! I am getting frustrated with not being able to find an anti-depressant that doesn't make me feel even more crazy than I already am. When I started Zoloft I had the worst things come across my mind.. It felt like Satan was saying everything I didn't want to hear in my hear with a microphone! It was awful! When I stopped it everything went back and I was dealing with the depression alot better.... Than it made me upset because I thought "Did I screw myself up so bad that now even anti depressants won't work :( This forum has been extremly helpful for me.. I am the kind of person that NEEDS the support and to hear what other's experienced. I am praying for strength for everyone on this board. Addiction is no fun and I really enjoy cheering others on as well. Good luck with your taper!