It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:45 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi everyone I am new to both this site and suboxone. This week will be my second appt with my subox doctor. I only wish I heard of this therapy sooner, I have lost so much. I am happy to hear that it may be bennificial for depression, that being an added bonus of being on this medicine. I believe for insurance reasons I was put on subox for cravings and anxiety both of which I have but pain being secondary. How wonderful if it helps depression. I have noticed myself that I now have clarity and I feel meantaly healthy. I honestly think it has been over 20 yes since I felt this clear. I have to say I don't get that high or energy rush but do find when I get moving I have the staimana to finish. I think to myself that my husband has me back, he just doesn't know it :|

If anyone knows how to meand a broken family, that's where I need help. I lost everything and everyone I ever knew and loved. :( I am trying to see this as a new beginning for me, not the end.
I am looking forward to helping people as well as receiving information. Thank you so much, Kaley

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:07 am 

Hi Kaley, and welcome to the forum! I want you to know that I deleted a couple of your threads because they were identical, or almost identical to your two other posts. It's really only necessary to post a topic once. I know you're looking for help, so you wanted to make sure that your posts were seen, but duplicate posts tend to confuse people. You didn't do anything wrong really. Just a rookie mistake! :)

Congratulations on your new life of recovery! I'm glad that you feel so much better on sub than you did before. We've had a number of members comment that they had tried everything for depression and sub ended up being the medication that works. It can also be very helpful for chronic pain, if you have that. The analgesic properties end up lasting 4 to 6 hours at a time, so the dosage schedule is .25 of your complete dose every 6 hours or so.

I'm so sorry that your husband is not supporting you or helping you stay close to your children! I certainly don't know everything that has gone down during your active addiction, but at least now you're in recovery. Maybe he doesn't trust that sub is going to help so much; maybe he's skeptical. Here is a great overview article about suboxone (and other burprenorphine) meds:

http://suboxonetalkzone.com/buprenorphi ... defects-2/

There is a tab at the top of the page that says Talk Zone. It will take you to more of Dr. Junig's blog posts with a ton of information you could share with your spouse. Maybe if he understood more about suboxone and how it works, he would slowly show more support. He probably needs to see consistent behavior from you to trust that you're truly on the road to recovery. Learn as much as you can!

I hope things improve for you and your family. Keep asking questions and seeking answers!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Kaley

Welcome to the forum! I am sorry to hear addiction has hurt your family relationships. I believe action speaks better than words and as your family see's you in a new way, hopefully, the issues can be fixed.

I will share my experience. A few months after being on sub my adult daughter sent me a text that said "whatever you changed, keep doing it because you are my old mom again". She didn't know i was addicted to pain meds but just that I was a different mom then.

Sub has also helped my anxiety and depression. Maybe if you post more about yourself in the "introductions" section more people will respond.

Good Luck and the drive and money is well worth it in my opinon

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:15 pm 

Hi Kaley :)

So glad you have found that suboxone is such a positive tool in recovery. I thank God every day that I have a second chance at a normal life again. I lost so very much during my using days. I lost temporary custody of my kids, my house, my car, u name it and I probably lost it. I stole from family members, I lied about anything to just get my fix, & went to jail numerous times. I actually hate to think about all that now. Since I started suboxone, I have gained all that bk again. I have my children, a home, a car, respect from my family and even a relationship. It took time and hard work, but u will get there. It will definitely take time to earn people's trust bk, but it will happen. U can't rush it and it'll be on their time, but they'll come around. I still remember that first time my dad asked me to pick up something for him and gave me money to get it. I was so happy that he trusted me with his money and knew I wouldn't run off with it to get drugs. I know that sounds silly but for him, that was a big deal. And for me, I knew I'd finally earned bk his trust.

Things are just so great now and I know that I couldn't have done it on my own. Sub gave me that time to right my wrongs and pick up all those pieces that were shattered. I'm glad u found us, u made such a great choice imo by choosing sub. Just take it day by day and you will be able to get bk to living again I promise.