It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:17 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey guys,

My name is Matt. I am new to this forum and I have just began my suboxone treatment. I am 21 and have been addicted to opiates for about 3 years. So far my treatment is going very well. I know i still have a long way to go but so far i am very happy and I believe I am finally returning to my old self.

My life used to be consumed by finding drugs and thinking of ways I caould get money to finance my habit. I would neglect my family and friends and sometimes daily visit the college campus near me to score pills. I was irritable and my addiction took a toll on all my relationships. I also really let my grades slip as I was nodding out all day.

My drug of choice was roxy 30s, which I snorted every day, averaging about 120 mgs each day. Soon I was offered opana, the old ones, which are extremely strong. Soon I was blowing about 60 mgs of panda a day. Then the withdrawals started. I couldn't go 8 hours without feeling like complete crap. I would wake up every morning before class or work, most of the time covered in sweat, and snort my perc, panda, or OC 80, just to function.

I really can't believe opana was ever made so it could be snorted. The drug was made to be abused for it is 4x stronger when insuffilated. Anyway, off my soap box.

The last time I went through w/d I decided enough was enough. I was puking while driving to get more OC to feel better. I finally took my dose and felt better but I knew I could not live my life like that anymore. People were stealing my money and everyone who deals pills are normally pretty scetchy. Pills turn people into straight fiends. I was sick of the constant driving and waiting around to get my fix.

I finally broke down and started a suboxone program and it was the greatest choice I have ever made to this day. My life is completely different, for the better. I have been taking my rx'd dose of 20 mgs a day and aside from throwing up several times I love it!

I am definitely still in recovery and primarily would like to use this forum for support, to learn more, and to offer whatever help i can provide to you all. There really aren't that many ppl I can talk about my problem with. Also i feel like its a good idea to meet some fellow sub users!

I am also rx'd klonopin for anxiety (formally Xanax but dr switched me to kpin after realizing I built up a huge toerence) and I was wondering if anyone had any opinion as to whether there is a differnce in effectiveness btwn the generic (specifically the green tevas i am prescribed) and name brand klonopin?

Anyway please respond or comment just to say hey, I am really committed to beating this addiction and would love any advice.

Can't wait to meet you guys as we take on this challenge together. Good luck to you all.

Thanks!

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Matt and welcome to the forum! Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. It's good to hear that you have made the decision to beat this addiction. Especially at such an early age. Some of us, don't do that, and spend our 20's and 30's doing what you did. Congratulations.

You will definately find what you are looking for here. Support. This forum is a great place to meet other addicts who have chosen suboxone as their recovery treatment plan. I have. I am currently on 16mg a day. Suboxone has also changed my life for the better. I think most of us feel that way.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have, or vent if you need to, we are here to support each other!

Welcome aboard!

Post subject: Another Welcome
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:58 pm 

Hey Matt,

Along with Kelly let me give you a hearty Welcome to our forum. I like your zeal for recovery and wanting to meet others who share the same treatment plan.

Most of us here are still on Suboxone. Some are on a maintenance program like me and others use it for pain. And a lot of other Sub users are still fairly new in treatment and are not sure when to taper and stop, if at all. Then of course we have those that have jumped and are completely off of it.

Hope you enjoy the forum and get a lot of information from it.

Rule