It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hi everyone! Drug test
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:13 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi everyone,
Well, I've been off suboxone now 3 months and doing well, besides this latest dumb decision I made. I still see my sub doc every month because he prescribes my anxiety meds and still drug tests me. I was super sick this last week with a horrid cough, and took 1 tsp (4 times over 2 days) of tussionex cough syrup. Now I wasn't abusing it because I took 1 tsp every 12 hours like it says, and I left the rest. But, I get drug tested in 12 days and am now worried that the hydrocodone from the tussionex will show up in my urine. Is 12 days long enough to test clean? I am throwing the shit out because I don't want to get in trouble again and don't want to start back on the road that led me to sub in the first place. But, will I be ok since I only took a total of 4 tsp over 48 hours, and my test is in 12 days? It's a urine screen the sub doc uses, so you know every drug is gonna be on there. Thanks in advance. Hope everyone is doing well!
Maya

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:54 pm 

IMO, 12 days is plenty of time to have a clean urine test. Hydrocodone is a short acting opiate that leaves the body very quickly. Why you took it is beyond my comprehension. It wouldn't do any good because your receptors are full of Bupe. The cough suppressant may have helped but in the future just use the OTC stuff and not take the chance again.

Glad you feel better! And don't worry, you'll be fine.

rule

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I know rule I can't believe I took it either.....so damn stupid!!!! I flushed the rest so it's not even here to be an option again. So, even though the dr sends the urine out, you think 12 days is enough to clear 4 doses of the tussionex? I looked it up, it's equal to 40 mg slow release hydrocodone (in all the combined doses I took over 48 hrs). So, no matter what, it won't show up at all in 12 days in my urine? Like not even a little? I don't know what test my dr uses, but since he's a sub doc I'm assuming it's high tech and very sensitive. I feel so stupid. Ugh!!!! Oh well, live and learn. It's flushed now so that's good. I just feel like an ass!!! Thanks for the reply!
Maya

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Maya!!! I'm DEFINITELY not an expert, but I have to think that it should be out of your system completely. Again, I'm no expert. Also, do u think the doc would be more understanding if u came clean and told him/her beforehand? And BTW, congrats on 3 months!!!! I'm on subs for the last 7 weeks, and clean for the last 29 days. Seems like such a long road ahead of me, but if I just KEEP DRIVING.......