It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Do you think Suboxone REALLY helped your life?
Yes 91%  91%  [ 40 ]
No 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 44
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:38 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I think that obviously differnt people have different experiences. It sounds like you really need the narcotic high of heroin still above everything else. I have been on suboxone for two months at 10mgs a day and I feel much better. I'm also glad that it's not heroin. If you're addicted to heroin, it's much worse than being on subxone. I don't feel sick or anything. The only side effects I have that I'd call negative are sweats and a depressed appetite. Actually I feel really good on it, physically well and in control and able to do everyday tasks with a clear head. I definitely don't want to be depressed, as I was terribly when I came off street junk, so I'm feeling motivated to give this a chance. I hope it works out for you. Maybe you should switch to methadone or something.

Post subject: Re:feltbetteronpxys
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

:lol:
Sorry you are feeling the way you are or were...I am new here....been on Subs for 4 days now and well....after 16 years of 20-30 tabs a day and or uncountable number of OC 80's/roxy 30's and rigs per day. I FEEL GREAT...hell yes I still hurt, neck back etc. but overall...I feel as though there IS a light at the end of the tunnel. And I sure as heck would rather be addicted to $16 worth of Sub @day in comparisone to $200 a day on oxy. DUH !!!!
I have NO cravings, my mind is not tied up 23 hours aday with the thoughts of acquiring, using. I'm not burning holes in the bed, carpet or my clothes. Is life a bowl of cherries now...NO...am I depressed...YES...BUT is life better ? HELL YES. It has to be better not being consumed with Cravings 23h 57m 43sec 7/365....! Depressed, duh....after 16 years of opiate dependance, losing EVERYTHING 3 times and not having a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of at 62+ years of age you'd be depressed also.....BUT>>>>>>there now seems to be HOPE, where before there was NONE ! Prior to Suboxone in my life the onlything I looked forward to was accidentally overdosing and ending all the misery. When you looked up the word "Insanity" in the dictionary, there was MY picture. Doing the samething over and over and over and expecting the results to be differant. If it means that I am required to medicate with Sub everyday the rest of my life so be it. It has freed my soul I feel. I had tried rehab twice before, first time(45 day program) I was banging within 2 days of release. Second time, 6 day detox, 28 day program and 5 1/2 months in a sober halfway facility. I lived, ate, slept and breathed NA, CA and AA. Made on average 14 meetings @ week. Did H&I(Hospitals and Institutions) twice a week trying to help/show others that there was a DIFFERANT way to live. But alas, I drank a 1 beer with a mexican meal and well that was a relapse, so, I then smoked a joint and then took a Lortab due to a migraine....duh...next think I know I had a point in my arm.... Deja Vous !
All I know is that I have NO desires TODAY of using opiates(and I know sub is an opiate)ever again. SUbs dont make me feel HIGH...just NORMAL ! And over and above the normal aches and pains of being 62 and having lead a very physically active/abusing life I feel DAMN GOOD without oxys in my system for a change !
Again, I am a newbie in this program and I have read a gazillion posts in this forum and am aware of all the possible side effects from Suboxone thereapy, what other options are there left for me. This seems to have given me the best shot at possible recovery I have ran across for me and I know everyone is differant. Just me and my creator is all I have.
I'll continue to read all you'alls posts and hopefully learn from your experiances.
"GOD grant me the serinity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the WISDOM to know the differance" And GOD "Heavy" on the Wisdom PLEASE !