It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

For about a week now. I decided to join for so many reasons.

I am addicted to Oxycodone 30mg....Taking about 30mg to 60mg daily. So, as you can see, I am not taking a lot. I started with the Vicodin about 6 years ago because of a broken ankle at age 53. I had never had any broken bones prior to this. I was afraid to take pain meds originally but I did need them for my broken ankle. I had to have surgery to repair it. I was taking them for about a week before I realized I liked the way they made me feel. There were some personal issues going on at the time and the Oxys kept me from getting depressed. After my recovery time my doctor stopped prescribing them. But here is the catcher, my husband had/has been taking Oxys for the last 13 years due to serious back pain. I was having ankle pain one night (when I was no longer getting the prescription) so my husband said to take one of his. That is how the addiction went from Vicodin to Oxy's and started to become a daily part of my life. So now, here I am, addicted to my husband's pills! It has gotten to the point where I steal them from him. Over the last 6 years we have gone back and forth from him knowing to not knowing. When he found out I was stealing them he started to hide them from me. But I find them every single time! I don't know if he knows I am stealing them but I am tired of lying to him about it. It has taken over my life. My doctor has referred me to my suboxone doctor which I have now been taking for 10 days. It has definitely helped with the cravings but all I want to do is sleep! I hate it! My energy level is zapped! I almost feel like I would rather go through the withdrawls of the Oxys then to feel this tired all the time....I also get dizzy a lot...I am so disappointed because I was really excited about getting off the pain pills! I have read a lot of good and bad stories about Suboxone. Even some saying it saved their lives and they now feel like they did before they ever even started taking the pills! I have a follow up appointment with my Sub doctor today and I am in a place where I don't know what to do....

Thank you everyone for letting me tell my story. I didn't do drugs when I was younger so I NEVER thought something like this would happen to me in my 50's!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi D, went I switched from Methadone to Suboxone, I was started on a very low dose (2 mg), which was gradually increased over the course of 24 hours. I didn't feel great on the lower dose levels, but by the time I ended up at 8 mg/day, I felt fine, with no withdrawal symptoms at all.

What Suboxone dose are you on?

-- ji

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am on 1 1/2 tabs of 2-0.5mg daily. I started with 3 tabs daily. Why did you switch from the Methadone to the Sub? I think once I start my addiction counseling, I will go off the Sub all together. But I have pretty serious personal issues that I have to overcome first...

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been 5 days without any methadone....my last dose was 30mg I finally broke down and took 2 op 40 only bc it took both of them to stop my withdrawals....tomm will be day 6 and my las op wasa at 3pm and I aM already starting to hurt again...in my back and legs very bad like I have been hit with a truck....please let me know if ubhave ever heard of anyone ever suffering from pcwd after being away from methadone this long ....i have been through pcwd before and after the hell I have been through this week I do not want to go through that mess....please any info would be helpful at this point

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ps..van talking about making the switch from methadone to suboxone ....I wasn't sure if that was cleat from my previous message...lol