It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Every experience this?
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:19 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

So since my taper I have had a few things go on that I have pretty muched chalked up to me lowering my meds, The one thing that I have noticed though that I am not really sure and is kinda scary to me is I have been having almost like sharp Pings in my head. Not often but every so often. I can't really explain this feeling I Have but it comes and it goes but I am not going to lie.. It scares me to death! I was doing my daughters hair for prom and all of a sudden I had this burst of pressure in my head. Than today I had what felt like a lightening bolt going from one side to another and left a ringing sensation. I have had pressure in my head before and it ended up being sinus related BUT the pressure I had on Saturday while doing my daughters hair was really forceful. Than today, that is def. not a feeling I've ever experienced. I always assume the worst and I am trying not to.. I am hoping it's just my brain trying to get back into working order. Anyone ever gone through this? Just curious to find some insight on what's going on up there :) Thanks!

Brighty

Post subject: Just a Forum
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:45 pm 

Bd,

Please go see a doctor. We are not professionals here and to give advice on a medical issue is downright dangerous. It may be as simple as a sinus infection or nothing at all. Just go. You won't feel better until your physician gives you a diagnosis.

r62

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I suffered from the "lightning" flashing across my minds eye when I quit Suboxone. The "lightning" would shock me mentally and physically.....it was about the most disturbing wd symptom I had. I don't remember exactly how long it lasted, but I'm gonna guess several days?

As for the pressure you're feeling in your head, I agree with Rule62, go see your doctor. There may be something serious going on and you should get it checked out.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey girl,

I thought I would throw my 2 cents in here since I am currently tapering, and have gotten down pretty low. I've never had any of those symptoms while tapering suboxone. However it kind of sounds like some of the symptoms I had while tapering anti-depressants. Are you on any of those right now, and if so have you recently adjusted your dose? Other than that I wouldn't have any idea what it could be. I agree with the guys above...go get checked out just to be sure. And let us know how it goes k?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:00 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks for the replys guys! I do have a sinus infection :( I have never had so many problems with my sinus's in my life and I think that I worry because of what I am trying to do right now. I always appreciate any replys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm glad you went and got checked and found your answers! This tapering business is enough to make us think some crazy stuff huh? No worries, I'm glad your ok.

-Q