It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:01 pm 
My Bupe doctor is great also. When I first saw him I got a weeks worth starting at up to 8mg daily with room to adjust dose via a few extra pills. I was given his cell phone number and told that for him to except a monthly cash payment he should at the very least make himself available to his patients when they need him. After the first week, I went back weekly for the next two weeks then bi-weekly for the next month and a half before I finally got a month. It was no big deal for me as my Dr. is 5 minutes from me. So, my doctor doesn't feel obligated to give monthly scripts, he sees patients as he/they feel they need to be seen and as he accepts a once monthly cash payment, it doesn't cost extra for extra visits. Some patients see him bi-weekly for a long time if he or they feel they need to. I like that there is currently that kind of flexability due to the DATA act.

-T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i had to visit my doc every 3 days for the first 2 months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Breezy_Ann wrote:
Ok Bboy this is the part I am not getting, even if a person gets a bit of a buzz in the beginning of their Sub use it does not last and because of the ceiling taking more and more is not going to make you feel anymore buzzed. So if in the first couple weeks someone is taking extra sub 1 they are going to learn it does nothing to strengthen the buzz and realize it is a waste and stop or 2 they will continue taking more even though it does nothing and run out early. At which point they would have to tell their Dr or go thru withdrawl. So like I said earlier it is a problem (if it happens) that will correct itself. I understand why methadone is done the way it is because taking more will get you higher but with Sub that is not the case. All of us here (including you) are doing pretty good and we all got scripts. Rather than the extreme you are suggesting why not say that Dr.s should be more involved in the beginning. My Dr. had me come back at one week, then another week and then 2 weeks before I went to monthly appointments. I also had him call and check on me and he gave me his personal cell number incase I had any problems. The other reason I feel this is overkill is that if you feel you need a higher dose in most cases all you have to do is tell your Dr. and he will prescribe a higher dose so if a person wanted to take more sub than needed they could still easily do it if they were forced to dose at the office by saying they are still having cravings.

As for me I did get buzzed in the beginning and still feel my dose most of the time (not a buzz more of a relaxed feeling) but I have never abused my sub, when I felt I needed more to control my cravings all I had to do was tell my Dr. and he gave me a higher dose.

TennTom take a chill pill buddy I didn’t say you were lying like I said “You are an acceptation” to my statement, besides yourself every single one of us got some type of opiate effect from suboxone when we first started. If you take nothing away from my post or thread that is cool man no hard feelings and best of luck to you.

Oh Breezy I understand and agree with you 100% on how the drug will work. But here is the problem we are addicts and we don’t have that self control or realization in the early stages of recovery or in most cases, we are very fragile during this stage we are dope sick and want to change that asap. And it is just the addict behavior in us if we got some type of opiate effect than we will take more even with the ceiling affect and knowing that most addicts will still try and for some it is a mental thing were even if it is not physically possible but the human mind is so strong, to make them believe that they did feel more of a high from taking more which in turn they will continue this behavior. AND I UNDERSTAND NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE THIS, but it takes time to figure this out and how each patient will react to the drug which is why I think at least in the very begin that it should be a daily thing till said patient is ready for take homes but a DR cannot know this by seeing someone once a month or even once a week for some people. .

I know that this is not something people would want to do as in going every day but I truly believe not think but believe that is would increase the success rates of opiate replacement theraphy with suboxone tremendously in the early stages of treatment, Which in turn would prevent relapses a lot I think and also keep doses down and people not sick as long till they find the right dose because they would see a DR every day till this dose is found.