It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Seriously though, ever wonder if any of us have just bumped into each other on the street and not known it? Really like you coulda been a members waiter or in the same yoga class or even gotten into a fender bender with another member driving lol I find it kinda comforting actually

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:54 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

<<New YORK Here :shock: >>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Lol sorry, but unless you live in NYC and have for at least ten years I don't think we've seen eachother. I mean I used to go a couple times a year when I was younger so it could be possible, or if you've visited the mid Atlantic. Anyone else?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:21 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I've met some people that I initially made contact through on this site in The Real World Minneapolis; all wonderful people!

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:12 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Lol that's cool, it's funny how that happens. I understand that most of us don't wanna get to specific and probably aren't supposed to for the sake of anonymity, I just wanna be clear that I'm not asking anyone to reveal anything too specific but are there any Marylanders that wanna speak up by any chance?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

im pretty close but far enough away for a chance meeting...just north of philly...been to maryland a few times..and through maryland a lot more tho.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think it could happen. I don't live near you, but this thread made me think of something else.

My original Sub doctor was a Primary Care Physician who treated suboxone patients along with his regular ones. He always scheduled sub patients first thing in the morning, having all the appts. for the day in by like 10:00 am.

I remember sitting in the waiting room trying to pick out which ones of us were sub patients. :D Of course, every now and then you would get the newbie in who was obviously in WD. But the others were usually so hard to tell. And I never felt comfortable bringing it up to anyone because of the fear of either being wrong, or the fear of saying something in front of others that would have judged us. It would have been nice to be able to talk to other patients freely.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

It's interesting you bring that up. My doctor is a sport medicine doctor who mainly treats chronic pain patients (I have fibromyalgia). His office is in a building inhabited by other medical practices including dental and psychiatric care, maybe an ob-gyn as well. Anyway the office is kinda small, the waiting room is small, and it's not uncommon for people in there to just start chatting at random, it's very friendly for the most part. But most of his patients are not on suboxone, I've never talked about it openly with other patients like that except for one I happened to come across. See I know that he does happen to have other sub patients because there's a special form that we get that's different from the regular form to fill out, I actually like the suboxone one better cuz it's simpler to fill out, less writing involved and doesn't take as long. Idk if it was based on this that I started talking to what seemed like a late teen guy and his mom in there one day a long time ago, but that was the one sub patient I knew of that I came across in there and started talking to. I think it was around the time that they discontinued tablets and I was about to have to switch to films. He too was very satisfied with his treatment and was reassuring in letting me know that films aren't that different and can be split in half the way I need for pain treatment. I also run into people from this office at the pharmacy I go to sometimes, probably because they're not a big chain and are more knowledgable and compassionate about chronic pain medicinal management as well as suboxone based on my experience, they know their job and they're very very good at it.

Also it's funny what you said about trying to spot the sub patients. Since there's so many docs in that building sometimes when I go there and sit outside with a cigarette for a min or wait for the elevator, I play a game called "try to see which of these ppl are drug reps" . Like a grown up where's Waldo :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ha! That's funny...grown up "Where's Waldo".

The drug reps around here are always pretty easy to spot. They are usually pulling the rolling pharmacy behind them as they enter the office! And, once they make it to the waiting room it's never long before they get called back. That is definitely something you notice when you have been sitting there for an hour and they walk in and barely have time to sit down before they get called in. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:32 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Haha well I've only actually seen one in my doctors office once if ever, but I spot the rolling pharmacy (yep haha) and the nice clothes nice hair when they go into the building, head to other offices.
I don't know if any of you watch nurse Jackie (I freakin love it) but I love that season when a drug rep becomes her new source of drugs for a couple days or something wtf lol