It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:06 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm not sure if this question is in the right area but here it is,OK,so I have been on suboxone for just over 4 years 12mg and a few months ago i took notice to what has been happening for a long time and i believe its the suboxone,Every day for the past few years usually while on the computer or when not thinking of anything and just say either starring or watching tv or while in a conversation with someone that for no reason i catch like a black or dark (what im going to call a bug)moving out of the corner of my vision,I will even go as far as re-looking at the wall or whatever or wherever i see the bug moving out the corner of my eye vision and there is never really one there, my wife has been on suboxone for as long as i have and i asked her if ever sometimes while sitting watching tv or doing whatever if she see's a dark bug out of the corner of her eye vision moving but just never think nothing to mention it and she was excited to say yes but she thought it was just her and never said anything,i have asked a few folks that i go to groups with if they have ever experienced or noticed anything like that happening to them and they all responded in the same manor that yes sometimes they see like a black bug moving out the corner of their eye vision but never gave any thought to it and thought it was just them so agin they never said anything and they just forget about it.So with that being said i am wondering how many other folks that are taking suboxon and having these untold or unnoticed visions that are not spoken about and may be part of a side effect of suboxone that has gone unnoticed by their studies,Does anybody here have this happen to them but never gave any thought to it or am i going to get a bunch of i am imagining it mail.I know im not alone in this im just wondering if its something that has been overlooked,i never saw the small bug moving flashes before i took suboxone,im not saying that suboxone makes you see things but this one particular thing is a question i would like to get more statistics on.Thanks and please be honest this isn't a joke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I haven't actually heard of it myself, apart from after staying awake on stimulants. Though I know many people in general do complain of periphery visual distortions. I felt like the edge of my vision was pulsating with my heart for a while, especially just after I woke up. Since I treated my HCV, or liver disease, it's stopped completely though and I'm no longer too concerned.

If you want to go nuts with internet diagnosing, : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distorted_vision

Personally, if you're concerned, you should see your doctor.

In the corner of my eye, I can't see black bugs, sorry. I only see dead people. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm sorry to laugh, but tearj3rker only sees dead people! HA HA HA. That cracked me up. Ok - on to the subject at hand.

I've never heard of anything like this (related to suboxone or not), but seeing such things, like floaters, flashes, or spots, are completely natural and normal. "Eye floaters are those tiny spots, specks, flecks and "cobwebs" that drift aimlessly around in your field of vision. While annoying, ordinary eye floaters and spots are very common and usually aren't cause for alarm." (From http://www.allaboutvision.com/condition ... floats.htm ).

Like Tearj3rker said, if it's really concerning you, make an appt with your optometrist or ophthalmologist. They should be able to put your mind at ease.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I totally get those floater things. I had them before being on Sub, on Sub, and I still have them off Sub. Those suckers are odd!

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes,that's what i was trying to refer to,i guess i would call it a floater usually just one black floater that in first reaction in mind is that a black bug is moving or going across the viewing in the perphial part of the eye,i may not have been explaining it right but yea all got what i meant and it sounds like a normal thing,just it seemed like nothing is ever mentioned about that and it does happen,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

lol,I see dead people too they are usually in the corner of my prephial vision when i go past the ol place of drug business,and that's not very often,the great thing about it is i never have the urge to stop otherwise i might as well look in the mirror so i can see one more dead person,lol